Hi everyone,

Anybody know when Bell will have WiFi capable Blackberry's available such as the Curve 8900 or the Bold?

Thanks
    03-19-09 03:55 PM
    Keep an eye on the new 9630.... HOPEFULLY it'll be the first wi-fi capable BB at Bell.................
    03-19-09 04:18 PM
    Not sure, I was told by my Telus rep that wi-fi and CDMA cant exist on the same device. Hardware issues they say. Bell is CDMA as well
    03-21-09 01:42 PM
    I would call BS on that. One of the HTC models Bell offered had wifi - just can't recall which model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Bairdo; 03-24-09 at 02:17 AM.
    03-23-09 11:36 AM
    It is NOT looking promising for wifi on the 9630, although we have heard some early engineering models had it. All the devices being tested now that we have heard about do NOT have wifi and none of the proposed specs lists wifi. Not looking good.
    03-23-09 11:42 AM
    Well I know I'm pulling an old thread, but I have not been here is a bit. In regard to the poster after me, I did not say that it was not capable on a HTC model but a RIM Device. I will do furthur reseach on this a reply back if the post is not closed or buried.
    Last edited by Mythos_LSX; 06-10-09 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Hey is nearly 4 AM I can make a mistake or 2 hehe
    06-10-09 02:42 AM
    Not sure, I was told by my Telus rep that wi-fi and CDMA cant exist on the same device. Hardware issues they say. Bell is CDMA as well
    But don't forget, telus is rumored to be ahaed of schedule with their hspa service, and it may launch this fall. If not, just in time for winter olympics. That means they will start to offer gsm devices, which makes wifi enabled devices an option to them.

06-10-09 09:28 PM
    Rumor has it CDMA devices AFTER the 9630 will have wifi. Lets cross our fingers.
    06-10-09 09:53 PM
    Forgot to mention this. Bell is upgrading their network with the same equipment as Telus, so they will also have 3.5g, wifi capability and 4g in the coming months.

06-10-09 10:02 PM
    Radio confirmed it a couple of days ago that CDMA berry's with wifi will be out fairly soon.
    06-11-09 12:14 AM
    Isn't the new Palm Pre a CDMA phone with WiFi? I even think the Pre is going to be available for Bell on the second half of 2009.
    06-11-09 01:54 AM
    Bell is getting both cdma and gsm a year from now. When that happens they will get the bold and the 8900

06-13-09 06:56 PM
    No one will release the Bold a year from now. The Onyx maybe.

06-14-09 12:31 PM
    I would call BS on that. One of the HTC models Bell offered had wifi - just can't recall which model.

there is only HTC touch pro that have wi-fi so far at bell
    06-14-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD