Will having WiFi enabled all day even if not connected to a network reduce battery life?
    10-29-09 10:58 PM
    Yes it will.
    10-29-09 10:58 PM
    it's better if it is connected to a network, otherwise, it will keep searching and drain your battery. So, turn wifi on, only when you have a solid connection if you want to maximize battery life.
    10-29-09 11:01 PM
    Will having WiFi enabled all day even if not connected to a network reduce battery life?
    I would say yes.

If you are not using it, turn it off. It is looking for a connection, so whether you are connected or not it is in use.

If you know you will be in an area with NO wifi, turn it off. It will greatly increase your battery life.

Reason I say that is I don't think it goes to sleep. When it finds a wifi network, it will try to connect.

msblueline
    10-29-09 11:05 PM
    There is an addon called Addonis that automatically turns off your wifi when you lose connection. Haven't had the chance to actually see it turn off (since i just got my s2 about 3 hours ago) but if it does what it claims it should help quite a bit with forgetting to turn it off.
    10-29-09 11:48 PM
    There is an addon called Addonis that automatically turns off your wifi when you lose connection. Haven't had the chance to actually see it turn off (since i just got my s2 about 3 hours ago) but if it does what it claims it should help quite a bit with forgetting to turn it off.
    Off to look for this.
    THX!
    10-30-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD