So how much does keeping wifi on drain the battery? i ussualy always keep it on and after a full day of good ussage i have about 60 percent battery left.
    01-09-10 06:55 PM
    It sounds like Wi-Fi isn't really an issue for you, then.

Wi-fi on full-time would be a whole lot more useful on a BB if there was a seamless, automatic means recognizing public hotspots (not needing to switch browsers and a browser that was more sign-in-friendly to those hotspots requiring a log-in page) - but the ability for the BB to find and recognize some user-set local Wi-Fi networks and work with them for UMA and some browser access is better than nothing, I suppose.
    01-09-10 07:27 PM
    I suppose if u are using wifi you are near an outlet. Plug it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 07:58 PM
    Honestly, I don't think having the Wi-Fi on is what kills your battery. I think what kills the battery is when you are away from hot spots and your phone is trying to find a signal to connect. The best thing, if you know you aren't going to be in a hot spot, turn the Wi-Fi feature off.
    01-09-10 09:24 PM
    I keep wi-fi on all the time have wireless at home and work. I haven't noticed an issue with it draining the battery.

01-09-10 09:40 PM
    It doesn't really drain battery if you just leave it on and aren't transferring data

01-09-10 09:55 PM
    I have never turned wifi off, it only gets used whilst at home but with 30 mins of calls, 30 messages and hour of using my blackberry for music my phone will last 48 hours easily

01-10-10 03:32 AM
    I keep wi-fi on all the time have wireless at home and work. I haven't noticed an issue with it draining the battery.
    Same here. Likely to be some other issue.

01-10-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD