Do you think it will be possible for an app to have the storm use its internet an emit an wifi signal to share its internet. i know the samsung omnia can do this
    10-28-09 05:49 PM
    *Bump* *Bump*
    11-04-09 10:19 AM
    Do you think it will be possible for an app to have the storm use its internet an emit an wifi signal to share its internet. i know the samsung omnia can do this
    Would be nice! I have a MiFi, which is awesome, but very pricey. Verizon would be losing a lot of revenue if their phones acted as MiFi's w/o extra fees.
    11-04-09 10:23 AM
    I could see them charging $30 a month similar to tethering for an official app then an unofficial MiFiBerry (TetherBerry-ish) for a one time fee to circumvent.

Although I'm curious, if it was even possible, how come noone has done it for any of the other BlackBerry devices with built-in wifi yet.
    11-04-09 10:25 AM
    I am not sure if it is possible on a BB but my friend has an Verizon omnia and it works great i can connect my storm 2 to it and use his phone internet instead of mine. Not that i would use if for that but it would be nice to be able to connect laptop to it
    11-04-09 10:28 AM
    I am not sure if it is possible on a BB but my friend has an Verizon omnia and it works great i can connect my storm 2 to it and use his phone internet instead of mine. Not that i would use if for that but it would be nice to be able to connect laptop to it
    WinMo Phones have been able to do this for sometime. I had this on my 6700 over 2 years ago. The difference is the Blackberry is very restrictive in what you can do with its API's so I am not sure if it is a possibility for a BB to do this or not.
    11-04-09 10:32 AM
    i wish i new something about programing so i could find out if it is even possible.
    11-04-09 10:56 AM
    Apparently carriers charge extra for the data fees to hook up your laptop to your BlackBerry. Verizon's charge is $30.00 per month. There is a software alternative in the CrackBerry store for $49.99 that gets good reviews called the TetherBerry.

Here is the link.

TetherBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    11-04-09 12:18 PM
    Apparently carriers charge extra for the data fees to hook up your laptop to your BlackBerry. Verizon's charge is $30.00 per month. There is a software alternative in the CrackBerry store for $49.99 that gets good reviews called the TetherBerry.

Here is the link.

TetherBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    i know that i used to work for vzw but there is an app that work similar to tetherberry in that it uses the data plan i am required to have with the blackberry not the extra tethering feature. But what it does is the blackberry would emit an wifi signal to share its internet so any wifi enabled device could connect to my phone and use its internet
    11-04-09 03:41 PM
    i mean there is an app like this for windows mobile i am wondering if it is possible on a blackberry
    11-04-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD