I work in a hospital where i get no service. Normally by the end of a 12hr shift my bold is either dead or crying in pain from low battery. I turned off the mobile network connection and just using BBM on wifi and playing on the phone i went through 12 and a half hrs at work only using 15% of my battery! I will be turning off my network connection often now. Screw txting! BBM is where it is at!!! I wont ever buy another BBerry without wifi.
    09-21-09 02:20 PM
    im spoiled because of the bold... grr... stupid wifi and gps... cant get another phone like that! Thanks BB!
    09-21-09 02:24 PM
    It's because all that data your using on WIFI = no money in carrier hands.
    09-21-09 03:53 PM
    I work in a hospital where i get no service. Normally by the end of a 12hr shift my bold is either dead or crying in pain from low battery. I turned off the mobile network connection and just using BBM on wifi and playing on the phone i went through 12 and a half hrs at work only using 15% of my battery! I will be turning off my network connection often now. Screw txting! BBM is where it is at!!! I wont ever buy another BBerry without wifi.
    Good post! There are some (especially verizonites) that claim they don't need wifi. This post is a fine example why wifi is a necessity.
    09-21-09 04:06 PM
    Very true in everything you say but if your network provider uses UMA and you bought an 8900 you would have all that plus calls text & mms whilst still only using wifi.

I love my bold but keep an 8900 in the workbag just in case the local transmitter go's down which it does frequantly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 04:10 PM
    thats the only thing i miss about my 8320 curve. my best friends house is a deathtrap for tmobile reception. i usually hook it up to UMA, but my bold doesn't support it.
    09-21-09 04:33 PM
    thats the only thing i miss about my 8320 curve. my best friends house is a deathtrap for tmobile reception. i usually hook it up to UMA, but my bold doesn't support it.
    I also had a 8320 before I got my Bold last year and UMA is pricless. If AT&T offered UMA especially on the Bold it would bring it to another level.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD