I have a question,...!

Is it possible to browse the web or anything like that without using the data plan (which I am not currently signed up for) while using WIFI?

If so, how?
    05-11-09 03:46 PM
    You may be able to go through your "Manage Connections" options to either turn off your antenna and leave your Wi-Fi on when you want to browse or you may be able to change it in your "options>mobile network" settings.

My Berry doesn't have Wi-Fi, so I can't tell you if this works or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 04:02 PM
    Go to browser/options/general properites and change your default browser to "hotspot". Hit the back key and save. Now you can browse on wifi.
    05-11-09 04:48 PM
    I have an 8320 that doesn't even have a valid phone plan, just an old SIM card with a defunct account and I can still use it as a WiFi browser.
    05-11-09 05:04 PM
    Go to browser/options/general properites and change your default browser to "hotspot". Hit the back key and save. Now you can browse on wifi.
    everytime I try to do this, under "GENERAL PROPERTIES" the browser is set to HOTSPOT -- but under "BROWSER CONFIGURATION" it is set to TZONE, everytime I try to change it to HOTSPOT, in changes back to TZONE.

Could anyone help me with this please?
    05-17-09 02:34 PM
    The "default browser" is set to hotspot, but it still says that I need to web2go plan when I am searching for a website --

I am connected to my home wifi connection.
    05-17-09 02:36 PM
    Hmm, I would call customer service on that one. Sounds to me like your account isnt provisioned properly.
    05-17-09 03:42 PM
    everytime I try to do this, under "GENERAL PROPERTIES" the browser is set to HOTSPOT -- but under "BROWSER CONFIGURATION" it is set to TZONE, everytime I try to change it to HOTSPOT, in changes back to TZONE.

Could anyone help me with this please?
    You can't hit the back arrow button for this. Press the BB/menu button and select Save Options.
    05-17-09 03:43 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. If your in browser configuration area and dont change anything such as checking one of the boxes, and you hi the back key it does nothing but go back. If you change something by checking a box and hit the back key it prompts you to save. Nonetheless the browser configuration has nothing to do with it. All it does is change what the pages do on each browser type.
    05-17-09 03:50 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. If your in browser configuration area and dont change anything such as checking one of the boxes, and you hi the back key it does nothing but go back. If you change something by checking a box and hit the back key it prompts you to save. Nonetheless the browser configuration has nothing to do with it. All it does is change what the pages do on each browser type.
    I was wrong, what it was just showing me was the settings for the different types of connection (hotspot/tmobile)... but nonetheless the browser IS set to HOTSPOT

Hmm, I would call customer service on that one. Sounds to me like your account isnt provisioned properly.
    Can you please tell me more about this? I am thinking this is the problem... I am not paying for Hotspot/any internet service from t-mobile... but is it not possible to use internet freely through my home wifi (not necessarily UMA, just the browser). I am not trying to surf anywhere but when I am connected to a free wifi...
    05-17-09 04:35 PM
    I think ur right?
    05-17-09 04:38 PM
    You don't even need a sim card in it to use wifi. Set the default as the hotspot browser and you're good to go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 04:51 PM
    The "default browser" is set to hotspot, but it still says that I need to web2go plan when I am searching for a website --

I am connected to my home wifi connection.
    >>> I have the flip 8220 and am connected 2 my home as well howeva it says the same thing that u r get'n nd to subscribe to a web2go plan UPSELL.... HAHAHA I contacted my carrier (tmobile) they ran every frig'n thing poss had me reconfig ran new apps u name it nut'n worked I got the gd old say'n that it is eitha my home connection or my fone is no gd..... well I tried it from my parents home n connected again still same mess I called them again they sent me a new fone and still the same problem....
    05-18-09 08:25 AM
    >>> I have the flip 8220 and am connected 2 my home as well howeva it says the same thing that u r get'n nd to subscribe to a web2go plan UPSELL.... HAHAHA I contacted my carrier (tmobile) they ran every frig'n thing poss had me reconfig ran new apps u name it nut'n worked I got the gd old say'n that it is eitha my home connection or my fone is no gd..... well I tried it from my parents home n connected again still same mess I called them again they sent me a new fone and still the same problem....

I think I understand your "lingo" there. They are blaming it on your connection? I bet this has something to do with the fact that you have 4.6 OS. The rest of us that are able to browse by just using the hotspot are on 4.5. No, I dont think you can downgrade your devices to run 4.5. I could be wrong though. I am about to get an 8900 so when I get it will work on a solution.
    05-18-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD