ill start off sayin im a booster just in case but whats with wifi im in nyc and theres wifi everywhere when you enable it is that it?when i enable my internet is not faster its just as slow how do i make my browser work off the wifi i enable?????
    11-26-09 06:52 PM
    Just as with a laptop you must connect to a network once the WIFI is enabled. I actually have to turn off the Nextel network connection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 08:53 PM
    turn on the wifi under manage connections, then scroll to Setup Wifi and follow the wizard.

once connected to the wifi connection, close you browser if its running in the background and reopen it. should have the wifi symbol in the top right corner. if not hit the BB menu button, goto Options>Browser Configuration. where it says Browser: internet browser change it to Hotspot browser.

you shouldnt have to change it to Hotspot Browser, but wanted to let you know how to set it to wifi only if you have too.
    11-28-09 08:39 PM
    so, after reading this, my friend with an 8350i should be able to email and surf web on amy hotspot worldwide correct?
    12-08-09 07:48 PM
    well if the hotspot is locked you wont be able to access it.. but if you have optimum cable and have optimum wifi set up.. you can pigey back the hotspot.

but any free hotspot you will have access to.
    12-08-09 09:04 PM
    so, after reading this, my friend with an 8350i should be able to email and surf web on amy hotspot worldwide correct?
    There is a catch. If your friend switches to a local SIM in a foreign country the email client and BB Messenger will not work via wi-fi.
    12-08-09 09:08 PM
    he wont switch sim cards and i am not sure about optimum cable and wifi. thanks for the help.
    12-08-09 09:26 PM
    Make sure wifi is on under manage connections, then I go to setup>setup wifi>scan for networks>look for open network or network you want to connect to and follow instructions on phone from there.
    12-08-09 10:42 PM
    this helps alot
    12-11-09 01:28 AM
    If WIFI selection mode is set to automatic it will automatically find and use the available WIFI?
    12-12-09 09:36 AM
    no.....

if you have a hotspot saved it will automatically connect. it will not connect if you dont have it in your profiles
    12-12-09 11:35 AM
    Thats what I thought but some of the threads can make things confusing.Thanks again.
    12-14-09 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD