ok my wi-fi icon goes gray and white every 5-10 minutes back and fwr... i dont know what else to do ... i called verizon and they didnt fix it , i went to 2 verizon stores and they DONT HAVE WI FI TO TEST IT .......... im a storm owner from the first day ... now 3 days with storm 2 and problems again.... ................ I hope they dont run out of droids this weekend ........ so sad.
    11-02-09 08:45 PM
    resend your service books and reregister your routing tables.
    11-02-09 08:47 PM
    Why do you think it is a storm problem? Why not a router problem? Make sure you have the key renewal timeout set to larger than 5-10 mins.
    11-02-09 08:48 PM
    The reason that Verizon doesn't support WiFi is because there are waaaaay too many variables here that they can't confirm. I.E. DHCP lease time, encryption keys, so on and so forth. If you are walking outside the range of your WiFi network you are going to experience what you are describing. Just because your computer is receiving a good signal to send data over doesn't mean the phone is. The WiFi radio in the phone is not as strong as the radio in your PC. The average home router has an ideal radius of 250-300ft in a perfect environment. But since most homes have walls and other objects in the way of that signal it becomes more like 75-100ft on average. Much more than that and your signal becomes degraded to the point where you might be able to obtain enough signal to browse the web, but not enough to maintain a connection to a distant server(RIM servers) through a VPN tunnel.
    11-02-09 09:01 PM
    People keep refering to the droid on here and the device is not even released yet! At least wait until friday until you even try to compare it to a blackberry which is a totally different animal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As cool as the operating system may be that motorola droid has got to be the ugliest phone I have ever seen.
    11-02-09 09:02 PM
    u guys are right im not talking about a hardware problem.. ( ruter is working perfect) ... but the problem is there and no one can solve it.... the droid is just an ilusion far away... i wont run to the store and buy a Driod.... i will give it like 2 weeks to see some comments ,,,
    11-02-09 10:07 PM
    Did you check and answer all these here?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wi...cklist-353457/

Did you read the note there as well?

NOTE: Wi-fi WILL work if it is a grey logo and you see the name of the router above the time on the home screen. If you have a dash in your manage connections screen beside wifi, that is because it is unable to connect to BIS or BES servers so you will be unable to receive email or blackberry messenger messages. The browser will still work as well as other data programs like Pandora.

You need to provide more information. Such as, are you losing your signal entirely or just your BIS/BES connection? We can't help you unless you provide detailed information.
    11-02-09 10:10 PM
    yes i red everything they posted here ....... im next to the router in the same room... is just the gray and white logo that changes every 10 minutes or so...... the name of the router still in top while the icon is gray and the signal is good... some times i want to serch internet with the browser and the phone dont respond while changing from white to gray - gray to white...
    11-02-09 10:20 PM
    yes i red everything they posted here ....... im next to the router in the same room... is just the gray and white logo that changes every 10 minutes or so...... the name of the router still in top while the icon is gray and the signal is good... some times i want to serch internet with the browser and the phone dont respond while changing from white to gray - gray to white...
    Have you done a battery pull yet? It sounds like your phone is timing out the TCP/IP connection.
    11-02-09 10:42 PM
    As cool as the operating system may be that motorola droid has got to be the ugliest phone I have ever seen.
    I feel the same way.
    11-03-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD