ok so i hear a ton about people talkin and complainin about wifi. whats so great about it? Why do so many people want it so bad?
    07-21-09 10:03 PM
    Wifi is great for web browsing, on certain devices like the Tmo 8900 you can make UMA calls(calls over wifi)instead of the wireless network. So you NEVER EVER can have a dead zone if you have wifi. Also, on a UMA phone like mine the phone works better than 3G when connected to wifi and allows data and voice. That is something no CDMA device can do.
    07-21-09 10:08 PM
    Please close this thread
    07-21-09 10:10 PM
    donnation, why?
    07-21-09 10:20 PM
    for the last time, as i have posted this in every 'why is wifi so important????'

CDMA does not allow simultaneous voice and data

verizon is CDMA

wifi allows for simultaneous voice and data while on a CDMA carrier

if the tour had wifi, i could be on the phone AND using the browser at the same time

the tour does not have wifi (which it should) and thus if i am on a long call, i CANNOT use the data features of the phone while using the voice features
    07-21-09 10:26 PM
    Its been covered many times here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:27 PM
    Tour will be the last high-end BB without Wifi.
    07-21-09 10:27 PM
    Please close this thread
    If he closed it we could not have gotten the nice breakdown that we just did from Bauer... Glad no one listens to you
    07-21-09 10:31 PM
    you can calm the **** down. next time i have ANY questions ill make sure to look your *** up and bug you bout it. And another thing if you dont feel like RE EXPLAININ yourself so many times, then why dont you just ignore the thread??
    07-21-09 10:32 PM
    no draino hun not you. bausr or whatever his name is
    07-21-09 10:40 PM
    I think most people are just lazy and can't search. This answer could've been found by googling if you really wanted to. However, I have only been frequenting this forum for a few weeks, and I've heard this question AT LEAST 10 times in 3 weeks. So, people who have been hearing it for 20 times more than that or more and have to keep repeating themselves to the point where they should make it a permanent copy and paste function (macro if you will) may be a bit frustrated. Just explaining, not trying to be rude.

Anyway, to further answer the question, there are also times where you may be in a no service area and cannot get data. This way if there is wifi somewhere, you can still be connected. This has happened to me in a couple of my classrooms at school and is useful (on my last phone) when you are extremely bored
    07-21-09 11:19 PM
    Because waiting for this page to load took 5 seconds too long.

I'm ready VZW! Bring on the WiFi!!
    07-22-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD