I got a 30 two weeks ago and had my 10 for a backup. My with has been playing around with my 30 and decided to try my 10 to see if she will like it. So far so good. She loves the flow. She has a iPhone. So we will see. I didn't think she would ever give a BlackBerry a chance. Hopefully everything goes great.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    01-24-14 08:47 PM
    Haha, sweeeeet. Good for you buddy
    01-24-14 08:51 PM
    I laughed so hard at the second sentence.
    01-24-14 08:52 PM
    Yeah buddy. I just reread it and it made her and I both laugh

propeller10 likes this.
    01-24-14 09:06 PM
    Careful, you know what they say once they go black(berry).... lol jk

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-25-14 at 12:48 PM.
    Knightcrawler and gruv4u like this.
    01-24-14 10:02 PM
    My Q10 should be here tomorrow. My wife also is planning to put the iphone down and try my Z10 for a bit and see how she likes it. She's still not happy with ios7 We shall see.
    01-24-14 11:06 PM
    This is what happened to me, I got Q10 and was showing it to my partner but she isn't a keyboard fan, she was sure that she wanted a new android, we went looking places and showed her that there was a full touch version of mine, I slowly watched her grow to BB10, couple weeks later she got Z10 on 2 year contract. And now "can't use android", almost year later and she now wants Z30 lol
    ray689, web99 and mlbrowninsc like this.
    01-25-14 04:55 AM
    Same here. She just had an IP5S with her office (she could have choosen a Z10 in the list).
    But she needs a private one (i believe my explanations about privacy were heard) and I gave her one of my Z10s (running 10.2.1.1925). She was a bit rebelious at first, with a slow learning curve and always prasing the goods of IP5 V.S Z10. A week later, she's now considering the goodness of several features (hub was a pain to her, at first ... not anymore), the build quality ("that fingerprint button is loosy"), cell reception ("no more calls drop") and battery life ("80 minutes call in a row without drop and less than 10% battery drain: my IP5 simply can't do that)" and screen size ("if feel my IP5 tiny now").

P.S: don't try to argue about the reality of what she states: this is how she feels that matters here.
    P.S(2) : Can't wait to make her play with a Z30 ... but can't be mine ... my precious !
    P.S(3) : apps NEVER get involved in the comparison : every app she needs was available in BB World.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-25-14 at 05:37 AM. Reason: added OS version
    web99 likes this.
    01-25-14 05:07 AM
    My lady never disliked her Z10 but she would stay silent when her iPhone toting sister made fun of it. Since I installed 1925 and Snap, she now defends her 10 as fun and useful. Having access to the business apps her colleagues have (Candy Crush?), improved battery life and having her contacts in her car have addressed her complaints.
    The Z10 is well built which means she could whack her sister with it and still not damage her phone. Even without the 1925, there were other good features that the Z10 had which the iP5 lacked. Such as HDMI, DLNA, Hub, blue tooth that pairs with other devices on various platforms, better keyboard, expandable memory, Remember app etc.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-25-14 11:58 AM
    Another thing I think my wife will like is being able to change batteries. Not going to pull that off with an iPhone. And as she has issues with memory management the additional SD card will be welcomed as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:31 PM
    Once people try BB10 for a week, they are hooked. You may be missing a few apps but there are alternatives in many cases. However, this platform just performs and is so fast and stable. Love my z30. Had the z10. I have converted many people form Samsung and iphones. They all live there BlackBerry's and can't believe how so much better the build and OS is...

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-25-14 12:51 PM
    Well day one and she says she thinks the 10 is amazing. The only thing she has mentioned so far is it doesn't have a email button. She thinks it takes to many swipe to get to the hub. I think once she gets use to it it won't seem like so many swipes. I haven't side loaded snap for her yet for the shopping apps she wants. I think once I do that she will be blown away. She says that the battery life is better than her iPhone.

01-25-14 02:25 PM
    The only thing she has mentioned so far is it doesn't have a email button. She thinks it takes to many swipe to get to the hub. I think once she gets use to it it won't seem like so many swipes.
    Don't hide the "BlackBerry Hub" icon off in a folder somewhere. It may seem redundant but it is useful. I keep it out on the first home page as one click can sometimes be quicker than a swipe. From within an app of course you're going to swipe to the hub. Another plus is it always takes you to the root hub.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    Last edited by laketrout73; 01-25-14 at 02:52 PM.
    thekidshop likes this.
    01-25-14 02:35 PM
    I just noticed the email thing recently too. My girl is on the verge of an upgrade and has no idea where to go (coming from a 9900), and keeps asking me for direction, obviously I'm leaning her towards BB10. I know anything she gets will have the learning curve since whatever she moves onto will be a new OS, and she hates anything new. She seems to be warming up to my Z10, but one day she asked, can't you get the email icons on the screen instead of the hub? I said no, it's all in the hub now, but showed her the individual accounts, the compose button, etc., and she gave a little oh, that's frustrating. But I do know it's something that catches on after a while of using it, but that's something only the experience can show her. And she's not a huge app person, just communication, Facebook, etc., and she hates touchscreen so I'm trying to get her on the Q train.

Also just last week, a client I've been working for the last few months has been debating an upgrade as well, from an older curve, and so naturally I went into BB10 teaching mode, lol. He msgd me a few days ago to tell me he took the plunge to a Q, didn't really say much since its still new, but the only question he asked was, hey man can you put the email icons onto the screen pages or is it just the hub?

I get the small frustration of having a new experience like that, but it's hard to show or tell someone these things that only experience and trial will make them understand and be comfortable again.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 03:41 PM
    I am blown away about people having a hard time getting to the HUB.....people, press the HELP icon and watch the tutorial videos. BEST way for newbies! As for the HUB......no matter where you are, you swipe up from the bottom bezel and to the right......so fast so easy!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 11:42 PM
    I also bought my wife a z10 and she's been trying it out too - will likely use her z10 and keep her iPhone 5 for games only soon. I've shown her all the advantages including the ones for both of us (BBM videochat, NFC fileshare, remote file access, etc)

24C28DD7
    01-26-14 06:37 AM
    Well minor problem. Her 10 she is trying out quit getting text message from iPhone. She is only getting text from other BlackBerry. I'm not for sure what that's about. I'm going to go get another new sim card and try that.

01-26-14 07:57 AM
    Well minor problem. Her 10 she is trying out quit getting text message from iPhone. She is only getting text from other BlackBerry. I'm not for sure what that's about. I'm going to go get another new sim card and try that.

Do a search on the forums in regards to iMessage. This is an Apple issue, not BlackBerry. And she needs to disable iMessage off her iPad too, if she has one.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-26-14 10:39 AM
    Yeah disable Imessage and also delete the phone number in the iPhone settings

24C28DD7
    01-26-14 11:05 AM
    My wife and I both have been a BlackBerry fan for a few years since Bold 9700. She also uses a Playbook until she accidentally step on it and broke the screen. We can't find a place to get it fixed here in Malaysia.

We love our BlackBerry and we both had upgraded to Z10 last year. Love it. I got myself a Q5 too since I'm hooked on qwerty.

We really hope that BlackBerry will always be out there to serve us. Can't imagine if we have to shift to other phones. We tried all androids, ios and wm and BlackBerry is the only one that suits us.

Posted Via CB10 on Q5
    01-26-14 05:21 PM
    Got the text message fixed. Called AT&T and they had us shut the I messages off. Like I seen a couple people suggest in this thread. All is good. She said she really likes it and with snap side loaded now she can get her apps she wanted. My bet is she keeps it

dusdal likes this.
    01-26-14 06:16 PM
    Just put your thumb at the bottom of the screen. Swipe up and to the left. Gets you into hub anyway. Easy as pie.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:37 PM
    Whoops my bad, make that to the right.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:38 PM
    Exact same here, just picked up my Z30 today and my wife is all of a sudden interested in my Z10, she loves the gestures, told her about the apk update coming, she's excited!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:57 PM
    Mine won't even pick my 30 up.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:10 PM
28 12