So my wife just (half an hour ago) left her phone on a plane and surprise surprise when they went back to look for it it was gone.

Here's my question: Is it possible to retrieve the information from the phone remotely?

She doesn't use outlook so unfortunately I never synced her phone to the computer so all the information is only on the device itself.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    06-18-09 11:28 PM
    I don't believe you can retrieve the information remotely unless you had installed a security client, such as Roblock or similar. You should definitely contact your carrier immediately and report it lost/stolen so that the IMEI can be deactivated.
    06-18-09 11:33 PM
    I don't think there is, but next time, sign up for smrtguard. It's a great service, and will help you in times like these.
    06-19-09 12:02 AM
    You can't retrieve information on the phone remotely. however blackberries do have a feature to remotely wipe the device returning it back to it's factory settings.

That will protect your data from getting into the wrong hands.

You can look into this, I am not sure 100% but I think the wireless service provider can some how locate the phone using signals or gps or something.
    06-19-09 12:04 AM
    Yeah next bb be sure to put something in it like roblock berrylocator or something you will be able to track it erase retrieve your contacts inc. it is VERY important to constantly backup your device
    06-19-09 12:59 AM
    You can look into this, I am not sure 100% but I think the wireless service provider can some how locate the phone using signals or gps or something.
    I think what we call it over here and that is a TUI location check which is only available to be used it certain circumstances i.e. police using it to track last movements of suspect's not sure if this is 100% correct but know little on the subject.
    06-19-09 01:19 AM
    Instead of all these 3rd party applications you might first want to consider doing periodic backups to your PC, that's the easiest way to retrieve everything.

As for blacklisting the IMEI, don't bother. I have spoken to a number of carriers and they all tell me they don't bother and no one uses it. The only time the IMEI will get blacklisted is if an entire shipment of new BlackBerry's gets stolen. Personal devices almost never.

Also make sure to use a password, that way a remote wipe is not necessary. If they guess the password wrong too many times, it wipes itself. The trouble with a remote wipe is it could take you time to issue it and by then they can have your info. Or just yank your SIM and ensure you will never see the device online again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD