Should RIM do a wider torch, I've had 4-5 BlackBerry models, Curve 8520, Curve 9300, Bold 9780, Torch 9800 and my baby the 9900, I loved the torch because I could switch between a Virtual and Physical keypad, but I found the keys were quite small, if the keys were a bit bigger then I'd love it even more, would you buy a wider torch for the bigger keys?

On the other hand I suppose its just a slide up Bold 9900?
    jkomo001 likes this.
    03-26-12 10:27 AM
    Not sure what the size of the eventual BB10 slider will be but I wouldn't mind if it was a bit wider than the present Torch.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    03-26-12 11:12 AM
    Two words: landscape slider.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    03-26-12 12:23 PM
    Now that would be very out of the box for RIM, but an interesting concept.
    03-26-12 12:42 PM
    I think a landscape slider would be great as a BB10 phone it would be different to the conventional phone from RIM
    03-26-12 01:06 PM
    Two words: No thanks
    03-26-12 01:20 PM
    Two words: No thanks
    Not everybody wants a candybar.
    Not everybody wants an all-touch screen.
    Not everybody wants a flip.
    Not everybody wants a portrait slider.
    Not everybody wants a landscape slider.

But each one of these has its own audience, that being supported by the fact that all are being made and sold by someone somewhere.

The OP asked the question if there should be a wider version of the Torch, a valid question given that a common complaint about the current Torch design is the cramped keyboard. I offered up a very viable alternative, as I believe there are at least as many landscape slider phones by other manufacturers as there are portrait sliders. I've tried them and found them extremely comfortable to type on; the trouble is they're either Android or WinPhone, neither of which are high on my mobile wish list. But I can only imagine what RIM could do with that form factor and their legendary keyboards.

Nobody said everyone has to like it.
    03-26-12 05:33 PM
    Not everyone is going too like concept don't like it? Don't buy it simple. I wouldn't buy a win phone because I don't like or they don't fit my needs, I'd love a landscape slider that can have a portrait virtual keypad and the ability too switch between lan and port it would be IMO a good concept for RIM too take up and even just make a demo phone and see how it compares.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-26-12 05:48 PM
    how do you hold a landscape slider to your ear?
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-26-12 05:53 PM
    how do you hold a landscape slider to your ear?
    Same as a portrait one? Did I win?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-26-12 05:56 PM
    OP, the keyboard on the 9810 is actually better than the 9800. Something simple like making the keys flatter makes typing more enjoyable...

I would like a wider Torch-type BB10 slider...a larger keyboard would be great
    03-26-12 06:17 PM
    I'd quite like a slide up the same size as the 9900. A 9900 screen and it slides up too create a slide up 9900 type phone
    03-26-12 06:20 PM
    Not everybody wants a candybar.
    Not everybody wants an all-touch screen.
    Not everybody wants a flip.
    Not everybody wants a portrait slider.
    Not everybody wants a landscape slider.

But each one of these has its own audience, that being supported by the fact that all are being made and sold by someone somewhere.

The OP asked the question if there should be a wider version of the Torch, a valid question given that a common complaint about the current Torch design is the cramped keyboard. I offered up a very viable alternative, as I believe there are at least as many landscape slider phones by other manufacturers as there are portrait sliders. I've tried them and found them extremely comfortable to type on; the trouble is they're either Android or WinPhone, neither of which are high on my mobile wish list. But I can only imagine what RIM could do with that form factor and their legendary keyboards.

Nobody said everyone has to like it.
    I owned a landscape slider before i got my Torch. I will never get another landscape slider ever again. #1 the design is old and nasty. #2 People think you have a windows phone and #3 They are very bulky.

I doubt i will ever get another slider phone period. If RIM did a slim version of that concept "Blade" i might think about it. The people have spoken on slider phones. The sales numbers just don't tell you they are popular these days.

As for the Torch KB.......... I own one. The problem is the KB is set back behind the frame giving it a sinking feeling. If the top screen and back frame were flush with each other instead of the top falling into the bottom then we wouldn't have a problem.
    Last edited by VanCity778; 03-26-12 at 06:57 PM.
    03-26-12 06:54 PM
    Same as a portrait one? Did I win?
    Now, I liked that.
    03-27-12 12:07 PM
    yessss. I like the bb10 blade form factor!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 04:23 PM
    how about a landscape slider at least the size of the current 9860. my biggest gripe about my 9800 is the screen size. needs to be bigger.
    03-27-12 08:26 PM
    I found the KB, make the KB and the screen bigger it would be great
    03-27-12 08:42 PM
    Landscaps sliders are for 16 year old schoolgirls addicted to texting.

At least with the Torch you can type one-handed if you need to.
    03-28-12 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD