Hello

As a newbie to Blackberry's I recently purchased an 8820. Perhaps someone could advise me on connecting to my router wi fi without a data plan please. The 8820 can find the wi fi signal okay under manage connections/set up wi fi/scan for networks.
    I have downloaded Opera mini and I think it is installed - it then spent 15 minutes checking for fonts !! I have checked my settings but assume I have missed something. Have tried clicking Opera which then opens but nothing happens.
    Thank you for any advice.
    01-29-10 03:48 AM
    Hello

As a newbie to Blackberry's I recently purchased an 8820. Perhaps someone could advise me on connecting to my router wi fi without a data plan please. The 8820 can find the wi fi signal okay under manage connections/set up wi fi/scan for networks.
    I have downloaded Opera mini and I think it is installed - it then spent 15 minutes checking for fonts !! I have checked my settings but assume I have missed something. Have tried clicking Opera which then opens but nothing happens.
    Thank you for any advice.
    Firstly can i just let you know mate, i dont need a data plan to use wifi.

Have you tried your normal browser ?

Not opera ?
    01-29-10 03:52 AM
    I just get unable to connect messages on the normal browser........
    01-29-10 04:42 AM
    Options / Advanced Options / Browser. Set the Default Browser to HotSpot.

It will work correctly with the HotSpot Browser, but you can not use the Internet Browser without a BIS service plan.
    01-29-10 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the assistance - however I seem to have only a choice of -
    default browser - wi fi browser or pepper wap
    and
    default wap browser and just wap...
    Thanks
    01-29-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD