Hey!

So I'm trying to connect my 8900 to my home network.

When I go to set up a network (which I've done before outside my home), it only shows my neighbor's networks.

How can I fix this? My home is outside cell service and wi-fi is the only connectivity for BIS data.

-ps- I know my ATT 8900 doesn't have UMA support, but is there any way to make VOIP calls with the BB once I get this wi-fi issue resolved?

Thanks!
    01-08-10 11:19 PM
    Sounds like your home network is set to invisible. This would render devices such as your phone, unable to find it when scanning for your network. Go into your wireless router settings and change the setting from invisible to visible. You can then set is back once your phone finds your network.

As far as VOIP calls, I'm not sure as I have not tried it.
    01-09-10 12:23 AM
    Hmm. Well its a Linksys unit so it can't be that difficult to set it to visible.

My computers, etc can see and log into the network though. Would this be possible if the router was set to invisible??
    01-09-10 04:12 AM
    If the network is put in place first the router may then be hidden I believe. That would keep the original connections but not allow new ones. Linksys is often good about instructions on the website for situations like this.

Our home solution is visible with strong password protection.

Good luck. And maybe you could report back with the solution. There may be others with a similar issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 07:46 AM
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

New devices such as iphones, laptops, ipod touches can see the network though. Just not my BB.

I tried battery pulls, hard resets (the 3 button press), and I'm going to give power cycling the router a shot. I even changed channels a few times to no avail.

This is not cool!

-ps- Anyone know of a program that will allow for me to make domestic voip calls?
    01-09-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD