We have a family plan through T-mobile. 2 of our phones are blackberrys.1 is a pearl flip 8220. The other is a regular pearl. We are eligible for an upgrade.Where 1 of the phones is used, the phone signal is very poor. Not only with T-mobile but any other carriers. He lives practicably in town. From the top of his driveway it is fine.He has a pearl with no wi-fi. If we upgrade to the 8900 curve, will that help his phone signal or will it just help his data plan? He has high speed internet service at his home with a wireless router. Just wondering if the 8900 with wi-fi will help his phone signal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Btw, it is in a t-mobile coverage area. I'm new to the wi-fi and don't really understand it. His playstation3 runs great on wi-fi without being hooked up to anything but the power outlet.
    02-08-09 08:55 AM
    We have a family plan through T-mobile. 2 of our phones are blackberrys.1 is a pearl flip 8220. The other is a regular pearl. We are eligible for an upgrade.Where 1 of the phones is used, the phone signal is very poor. Not only with T-mobile but any other carriers. He lives practicably in town. From the top of his driveway it is fine.He has a pearl with no wi-fi. If we upgrade to the 8900 curve, will that help his phone signal or will it just help his data plan? He has high speed internet service at his home with a wireless router. Just wondering if the 8900 with wi-fi will help his phone signal. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Btw, it is in a t-mobile coverage area. I'm new to the wi-fi and don't really understand it. His playstation3 runs great on wi-fi without being hooked up to anything but the power outlet.
    Where i live there IS NO Tmobile service what so ever...thats why i bought my 8230 curve. i use it at my house on my wifi and it works just fine...no issues what so ever...as soon as i pull into my driveway it connects to the wifi. and doesnt dissconnect untill i get outa range. i also have it set up for my mom and dads, mother in laws, and a buddys house so i can connect as soon as i get there as well...

i do recomend getting a wifi phone not only for signal but to pay 9.99 a month for unlimited, even if you have full signal on Tmobile at your house i would use this just so you dont go over on your reg airtime mins...

hope this helps...
    02-09-09 06:21 AM
    Thank you very much Jwo!!! That's exactly the answer we are looking for. The phone signal is great in most places we're at. When we pull in the driveway we lose the signal.We'll be checking out the 8900 later in the week hopefully.
    02-09-09 05:45 PM
    i see on your profile you have the 8220 flip phone...that one is a wifi phone...you can set that up to use wifi and call from it...also if you cant get the 8900 or dont want to pay that price you could pick up a 8320 curve thats what i have and i love it, and it works good...Just a tought tho. but you could get one them rangeing from 150-250 bux in like new or new contion...
    02-09-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD