I am a new T-mobile user with the 8320 and am desperate for some real answers. I finally can get the WiFi to connect and save the profile. However, any time I try to access anything it says that I am "Unable to find the requested server," and nothing connects. WiFi goes in and out intermittently. I have it set to Wi Fi in the Browser settings. (My Edge connection is very weak at home.)

Blackberry says it has something to do with my security settings of my router. We have tried WEP, WPA,WPA2 and they all connect but have the same problem once connected. "Unable to find the requested server." Sometimes it connects but most of the time it does not. When they ping the Blackberry IP it is not recognized when security is on. When the connection has no security and is completely open it pings fine and everything works. Obviously that is not an option.

I have 2 laptops, an Iphone, and a printer that all connect to the router settings with no problem. T-mobile said it was my router so I switched to this one and still no luck.

Here are some details:
    Router - Multitech Routefinder SOHO RF825-E-AP
    It connects at T mobile Hot Spots just fine
    Many times the "Blackberry Infrastructure - Connected" goes in and out. Don't know if that is related or not. Firewall is disabled.

I am new to all this networking and very frustrated. I know it is not my Curve. I know my Router works fine. I just need to find the settings that will work between the two of them.

Any suggestions, any of you moderators out there?
    10-07-07 11:59 PM
    I know this is gonna sound silly and you probably have already done it, but I don't see anyone else making suggestions here :P...try resetting your router, I know at home, although not the same case (I use my PSP)..it will often times do that to me, even though EVERY thing else works fine, the PSP will not until I reboot the router.
    10-08-07 03:36 AM
    That sounds odd, but you may also want to try the T-Mobile Linksys or D-Link router.
    10-08-07 02:55 PM
    I was receiving the same message "Unable to find the requested server," using a router that I already owned. I purchased the T-Mobile Linksys router and my Curve instantly connected. So maybe you might want to give this a try. The router is $50.00 with a $50.00 rebate.
    10-08-07 04:28 PM
    I have the same problem..

I just bought a:
    BB Curve 8320 (T-Mobile)
    Linksys WRV200

I've tried WPA-PSK and WEP64.
    It will connect with the router, but wo't authenticate.

My BB has wi-fi 'd with numerous Hotspots and WEP routers at other locations (routers). I'm still scratching my head on this, and it is the reason I discovered this site!

Thanks, IBJoe

EDIT: PS. After checking out reviews on C/Net, I'm now thinking its likely my router (Linksys WRV200).

EDIT (part II): I returned the WRV200 router, and purchased (a cheaper) Linksys router recommended by Tmobile. I have no problems using wifi for calls or internet at home any more. That was the Easy solution.
    Last edited by ibjoe; 11-08-07 at 11:16 PM.
    10-30-07 01:52 PM
    How is the speed? How much faster then the standard connection.
    12-15-07 08:18 AM
    I had a similar experience using my initial Wifi router. I bought the T-Mobile Linksys (WRT54G-1M) base on suggestions in this forum and connected on the first try using UMA - no security enabled out of the box. I also got it working using WPA security. I tried to compare settings between the old wifi router and the TM Linksys but that's not easy - they seem to call things by different names etc. so I just gave up on that.

I thought the new router was going to be essentially free since it cost $50 with a $50 rebate but I did not read the fine print - you have to be signed up for the right services or be spending enough bucks on monthly charges before you can qualify. I got the reject notice on rebate this week. Not a very nice Christmas present. :-(

For my plan - I am still paying for minutes even when using UMA. That's okay because I don't use lots of call minutes. The signal is strong which is a real plus. I can also browse the internet using the wifi. I don't use that a lot because when I'm at home its easier and faster to use the computer. But it comes in handy every once in while.

It's fun playing with the technology. I'm still pretty new as BB user.
    12-20-07 08:21 PM
    I was having the same issue. I disabled the firewall and it connected right away.
    01-07-08 03:51 PM
    For my plan - I am still paying for minutes even when using UMA.
    I connected for the first time last night and my phone says WiFi and UMA. How would I know if I'm being charged. I didn't sign up for Hotspot so I assume that I am being charged. Is that correct?
    01-09-08 02:12 PM
    I have the Linksys WRT54G V.8 a new purchase....I cannot connect to the router with my 8320....I get the same error message of W000 or W1010.......Any suggestions for a newbie..Using WPA PSK encryption..After numerous attempts with that ridiculously long encription key entered still fails to connect.....Very frustrated....
    01-14-08 02:10 AM
    I am using the same router and device without any problems, it does work.

For trouble shooting purposes, can you connect without using encryption? Can other devices connect to the router?

There are Cat 5 cable connections on the back of the router, does a hard wire connected computer use the router correctly?

Once you have established a connection with the router, you can use a browser to set or reset the router options. Use the IP address http:\\192.168.1.1, that will open a setting page for the router.
    01-14-08 09:57 AM
    01-14-08 12:14 PM
    I know this thread is a bit old, but along the lines of UMA problems I wanted to post this question.

My biggest problem with WiFi is not getting calls at all. I just updated the firmware and it still seems to not receive calls. The weird thing is that it is not consistent. Sometimes they come through and sometimes not. Any thoughts? The internet portion works great and is much faster than EDGE, but first and foremost it's a phone for me. I know I can just turn it off and usually do, but I'd like to have this feature work.

BTW I have linksys WRT54G v4
    Last edited by BroadSword; 03-14-08 at 05:36 PM.
    03-14-08 05:34 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my BB Curve back in November. What I have done and it even extended my range was to hook up the Tmoble router that they sent me with the phone. Not as my main router, I left that connected and plugged the Tmobile router into one of the ports on my router. I did not load the software because I did not want Tmobile to take charge of my wireless. It has worked great, now I actually have access to two different connections at Home. Tmobile at home and my Netgear. Also because my home is multilevel, I actually have run a line by buying a 50 ft ethernet cable and running it up to the next level and have just the tmobile router upstairs for greater coverage. Again, it is just plugged into one of the ports of my original router.
    03-29-08 09:19 PM
    do you need a sim card to connect to wifi? cause i don't have a sim card yet
    03-31-08 08:59 PM
    No, just use the wifi browser without the sim card.
    03-31-08 09:22 PM
    i am having this problem too. It worked fine in past, gets on other sites. But wont open slacker.com to update to new version. I have charter cable with motorola modem/wifi router SBG901.

Any ideas?
    10-31-09 10:14 PM
    i do have the same problem is it regarding the router??
    05-08-10 02:27 AM
    I have the same problem and I don't believe it's the router because I didn't have this problem until I updated the software on my blackberry and have not changed routers. I've been looking for solutions online and have found a lot of cases of the same error but no one seems to have a solution for it.
    05-04-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD