Hi all,

I have an unlimited data plan with my carrier so I don't have the need for wi-fi very often on my phone.

Recently I was out of town in a remote region with so so connection so i decided to try wi-fi at the hotel.

I accidently clicked on a wi-fi connection my local Internet provider has (Shaw) where they have hot spots literally EVERYWHERE in town. Now minute wherever I travel in the city I am getting the little notification of a Shaw Wi-fi signal.

Is there anyway I can delete my phone from picking this up on my Classic device? I want to be notified only on the 1 or 2 networks I currently use and not the ones I don't need.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:33 PM
    Settings->Wi-Fi, then down at the bottom, Saved. Select the network(s) you don't want and either:
    - Edit and disable it, if you still want it occassionally
    - Delete
    11-03-16 07:03 PM
    I never noticed this on my Classic. Does it only pop a notification for wifi that requires you to open a web browser (either to login, or click "accept")?

Posted on my Model M
    11-03-16 07:11 PM
    I never noticed this on my Classic. Does it only pop a notification for wifi that requires you to open a web browser (either to login, or click "accept")?
    For me, I logged onto a Starbucks once and whenever I pass by a Starbucks, the SSID matches, so my Z30 asks me if I want Wi-Fi to connect to it. I think if I said yes, I'd probably get another notification about logging in via a web browser.
    11-03-16 08:25 PM
    I got curious and looked around. There's a checkbox on my Classic under Settings > Wi-Fi -> Advanced that says "Prompt when a saved hotspot is found nearby." It's checked on mine, but for the life of me I can't recall ever seeing a notification except when some user action was required (eg, open a browser to accept terms or login). I certainly don't get a notification when going from work wifi to home wifi, and I often have wifi on to use Blend and Link.
    11-03-16 08:52 PM
    True, between work and home, my Z30 automatically jumps onto the networks without me having to do anything when it detects the SSID. However, I do recall a notification when there was a guest network and the phone would jump onto the network and then I'd get a notification to Login with the web browser. I think you may be right about web-based logins.
    11-03-16 09:29 PM