I am currently with AT&T but don't have a data plan on my BB 8320,when i go to Coffee Bean which is a T-mobile hotspot ,i can get a wi fi connection for free.

But when i go to Starbucks which is a AT&T hotspot i cannot get a connection,they want me to sign up for a wi fi connection plan and pay a mothly fee.

How come i cannot get a free connection at any Starbucks?

Please help,Thanks
    09-20-09 01:24 PM
    Try setting up a SSID for "attwifi". My TMo 8220 picks it up no problem. When I use the WiFi HotSpot Login browser bookmark, it takes me to that login page. I just closed the browser. WiFi connection was already made without the logging in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 05:34 PM
    In order to gain access to AT&T Wifi at Starbucks, you must have an AT&T data plan. That is why you are not able to gain access.

09-21-09 05:38 PM
    Your other option is to get a Starbucks Card and register it. High-speed internet access at Starbucks | Starbucks Coffee Company

09-21-09 05:56 PM
    Another option is to drop AT&T and go with T-Mobile. Much cheaper and no data plan required to connect at starbucks .
    09-21-09 07:11 PM
    Thanks to all your replies,i wish i can switch back again to T-mobile but i cant because T-mobile connection is bad in my area.

I will just go to coffee bean for my wifi & a cup of coffee.
    09-21-09 08:28 PM
    Your other option is to get a Starbucks Card and register it. High-speed internet access at Starbucks | Starbucks Coffee Company

This works - get a Starbux gift card at the counter, load $5 on it, register it online, and you'll get 2 hours (correct me if I'm wrong) of wifi free per day. You don't have to even keep the $5 balance on your card, just as long as your card is registered you'll get free wifi. I've done this a few times without problems.

09-21-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD