I am in need of an app or way thru Wi-Fi for me to access files from my home server. I also want to find a way to access my intranet files from my BB.

Any ideas of suggestions??

I do not want to have to setup BES just for this purpose.

03-20-09 10:43 PM
    I've scoured the Internet for the same type of application and cannot find any. Anyone have any luck?
    03-31-09 03:39 PM
    So your basically just looking for an FTP app? PaderSyncFTP is awesome and free if thats the case.
    03-31-09 03:55 PM
    Why FTP? Is there an app similar to a Windows Explorer program that allows a shared home network to be accessed and explored via the wireless home network. This would be similar to how my laptop connects to the home wireless network and allows easy browsing, copying, etc... from file shares on other connected computers. I've wrestled with Rove's Mobile File Manager, but cannot connect to any of my networked devices.
    04-01-09 10:50 AM
    I doubt there is such a monster yet since only a few models support WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:27 PM
    You could use PaderSyncSMB to access Windows shares. There is a WiFi option in the settings menu, too. The drawback is that you cannot really browse the network for all available folders. You would have to bookmark each share individually. You can find it at pader-sync.com (cannot post a direct link yet).
    04-03-09 12:45 AM
    Thanks throsten. I'm not sure if ill spend the $14 or wait for the real thing to come out. Full Windows home network browsing. Any programmers out there listening?

04-03-09 06:51 PM
    If you just want media files try orb

04-03-09 08:15 PM
    check out orb, cuz i think it supports more than media files too.
    04-03-09 11:41 PM
    I don't like the whole orb type applications...I use them on my pc already. But for wifi I want wifi home network. I wouldn't put orb type on my laptop to access my netork either.

04-04-09 12:20 PM
    Any updates on the availability of an app like this?
    01-20-10 03:56 PM
    WifiFile. Cost like $5. Google it.

01-20-10 06:13 PM
    I use WiFiFileTransfer, $6 or something. Also a donationware PC app is HFS.exe works very well. Google both.
    01-20-10 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD