I have a Z10. My personal experience is that the battery is not good. I rotated three batteries and would regularly use two a day. My present phone rarely gets below 50 % at the end of tjeday. I still use the Z10 on WiFi at home. As far as the Q10 if you did not have the double type then you have an excellent phone. My Z10 is not as fast as my current phone but it is tolerable. Maybe not in a year or two.
    Your mileage may vary. Everyone has different tastes, preferences, and needs, of course. I'm glad your present phone meets your battery-life needs.
    02-10-16 01:53 PM
    I have a Z10. My personal experience is that the battery is not good. I rotated three batteries and would regularly use two a day. My present phone rarely gets below 50 % at the end of tjeday. I still use the Z10 on WiFi at home. As far as the Q10 if you did not have the double type then you have an excellent phone. My Z10 is not as fast as my current phone but it is tolerable. Maybe not in a year or two.
    Again, with the removable battery, you can install an extended back battery that can last multiple days on a normal usage.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) and idssteve like this.
    02-10-16 01:59 PM
    I used a battery bundle. The extended batteries are expensive and clunky. The screen, build quality and OS on the phone are good. Camera, battery and apps are less than good. I guess it comes down to what you value and what disadvantages you are prepared to live with. I will say that my Z10 is way better than the 9900 it replaced.
    02-10-16 02:31 PM
    I used a battery bundle. The extended batteries are expensive and clunky. The screen and OS on the phone are good. Camera, battery and apps are less than good. I guess it comes down to what you value and what disadvantages you are prepared to live with. I will say that my Z10 is way better than the 9900 it replaced.
    Isn't that what it comes down to every phone?

Every phone has its benefits and drawbacks. What it comes down to for each of us is which benefits we want and which drawbacks we're willing to live with.
    02-10-16 02:33 PM
    Not really..it is an old phone. You can only compare it to phones issued and for sale at that time. My wife bought an iPhone 5 when I bought my Z10. Her phone turned out to be far more useful and still works fine today. My Z10 only works today because I was able to fix botched OS upgrades . It is not that the Z10 is a bad phone but ignorance is bliss is you think it was a success or stands up well against newer phones.
    02-10-16 02:43 PM
    I bought my replacement z30 battery from shopcrackberry complete with chassis for $35. I am sure that type of deal won't last forever but should be taken advantage of while available.

Posted via CB10
    $10 will net you the same thing off ebay for the 4G version.

Blackberry Z30 Battery with Middle Frame | eBay
    02-10-16 02:47 PM
    Not really..it is an old phone. You can only compare it to phones issued and for sale at that time. My wife bought an iPhone 5 when I bought my Z10. Her phone turned out to be far more useful and still works fine today. My Z10 only works today because I was able to fix botched OS upgrades . It is not that the Z10 is a bad phone but ignorance is bliss is you think it was a success or stands up well against newer phones.
    No need to call Z10 fans ignorant. It's okay for them to like a phone that you think is too old or don't like. Get what you want and be happy.
    02-10-16 02:50 PM
    Ok ....
    02-10-16 03:15 PM
    To stand the test of time they would need to be able to do more than just work. I guess my motorola Razr stands the test of time because it still works as do all of my old flip phones as well as all of my BBOS phones. There's much more to a phone standing the test of time than just having a removable battery. Do these older phones work? Yeah. Do they work enough that I'd be willing to use them over newer, upgraded versions of them? Not a chance.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-10-16 05:22 PM
    Currently at 38% battery "still" and fully charged as of 6am. Thus is why the Q10 is the best overall BlackBerry ever with form factor, BB10, size, build quality etc

#Darkhorse #qwerty #Carbonfiber
    Why the Z10 and Q10 stand the test of time-img_20160210_184643.png

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿
    matador22 likes this.
    02-10-16 05:48 PM
    The CB App works best on my Z10. Better than my Android!....there is that.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 05:59 PM
    To stand the test of time they would need to be able to do more than just work. I guess my motorola Razr stands the test of time because it still works as do all of my old flip phones as well as all of my BBOS phones. There's much more to a phone standing the test of time than just having a removable battery. Do these older phones work? Yeah. Do they work enough that I'd be willing to use them over newer, upgraded versions of them? Not a chance.
    They do more than just power on.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    02-10-16 06:16 PM
    IMHO, I think there's still a lot of relevance in this article written by the OP: http://berryflow.com/2014/11/5-reaso...ll-worth-look/

Every smartphone purchase is a tradeoff. Every technology choice is a tradeoff. Want apps? Then you need iOS or Android, and they provide an amazing experience if you go with a premium device. Want a communications focused device that is reliable yet budget friendly? Then Nokia, BlackBerry or Motorola may provide excellent options.

When it comes to the budget end, my opinion is that going after flagship devices of yesteryear (or years) are an excellent choice IF they are supported. The Z10 and Q10 were premium products in their day, and may still hold up depending on your needs.

In our family we have 2 iPhones, a BlackBerry, and a Nokia. Cell reception on the Q10 and Nokia always beat out the iPhone 6s'. Not saying they are better than Apple, just an example how there is always a tradeoff.

 Q10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    02-10-16 06:18 PM
    With respect, the article cited was written at a time before BlackBerry went Android and other recent events. I guess it still can be argued that a Q10 is as good and some might even say better than the Classic. It is appropriate to say that the Q10 is a smaller PKB phone than we are ever likely to see in the near future. It has a removable battery too. The Leap is not a big upgrade over the Z10 as well. As long as we are just comparing amongst BB10 phones there us no urgency to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 06:42 PM
    I still like the z10. I wish they would have continued with smaller phones. I also like the swapping batteries, ability to play flac files and hdmi out. After an event where I use the crappy camera I like to hook it up to the TV and look at the videos and pictures. I have no desire to go back to a physical keyboard.
    02-10-16 07:12 PM
    Q10 and PlayBook makes a unique combo, IMO. Lol.
    But to be clear, Q10 is indeed the best. I've been using it for a year and no double typing whatsoever. The keyboard is the best in the business--even better than Passport's, I think.
    matador22 likes this.
    02-10-16 07:13 PM
    I gave up on my Z10 because of the removable battery. It became loose after about a year of use and the phone kept rebooting to such an extent that it became unusable. Jamming in a piece of paper to tighten things up was only a temporary fix and before long it was back to its old tricks again. I had the same issue with my 9790 and 9900. I loved my Z10, my first full touch phone, but I hated the loose battery and I've learned to appreciate a fixed power pack. Besides, batteries for the Passport and such are pretty reasonably priced and can be installed for about $10. I'm not missing a removable battery at all and I really like the solidity that a fixed power source brings.
    02-10-16 07:52 PM
    I still like the z10. I wish they would have continued with smaller phones. I also like the swapping batteries, ability to play flac files and hdmi out. After an event where I use the crappy camera I like to hook it up to the TV and look at the videos and pictures. I have no desire to go back to a physical keyboard.
    You're not alone. There's a lot of people that enjoy the smaller form factor that comes with a sub 5" screen with decent screen/body ratio. If there weren't, Apple wouldn't be rumored to be releasing the iPhone 6c, with a smaller screen yet the latest hardware. I have quite a few friends that prefer their 5 or 5s to the iPhone 6. For them it's all about form factor and portability. Glad Apple is responding.

Unfortunately for Android, you have to get the mini or compact variants of a product line, which often sacrifices specs.

 Q10
    02-10-16 07:57 PM
    Or you can do it in seconds with a Z10. Some people don't want to disassemble their phones to change the battery.

It's only because of poor battery life that you need to swap it out at all.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-10-16 08:06 PM
    It's only because of poor battery life that you need to swap it out at all.
    More options is always good.

02-10-16 08:14 PM
    I came on a BlackBerry fan forum to talk about why I enjoy a couple BlackBerry phones. The only door I opened was to a conversation about why I and many others still like those phones. If haters want to barge in and try to make themselves at home, there's not much I can do about that.
    +1,000,000

How sad.
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    02-10-16 08:23 PM
    I came on a BlackBerry fan forum to talk about why I enjoy a couple BlackBerry phones. The only door I opened was to a conversation about why I and many others still like those phones. If haters want to barge in and try to make themselves at home, there's not much I can do about that.
    There may not be "much" you can do, but one thing you should do is click the report button (triangle with the "!" in the upper right of their post). When given the chance, the Mods can get these threads back in line before the "seagulls" leave their marks.

Still loving my White Zed10, and enjoy these threads while they last.
    02-10-16 08:30 PM
    Sorry to break this to you but this place ceased to be a BlackBerry fan site years ago. There are friendlier, better moderated sites to check out. My latest amusement was a deliberate hate thread (and here I naively thought that personal attacks were prohibited here, LOL my bad ) was started against a specific person and the mods finally waded in to... wait for it... tell posters they were getting 'off topic' and keep their hate posts focused.

Shake my head in disbelief.

Oh, and on topic... my Z10 is still used in my racecar as a trackday data acquisition unit. It's running an Android app that runs perfectly with OS 10.3.2 and I retired the iPod I was using because the battery was toast and the Z10 actually outlasts it during 60 minute screen-on track sessions... with the stock crappy battery... whodathunkit?

PS... what's up with these horrible scripts that lock my browsers on multiple machines Crackberry? Clean that junk up.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    02-10-16 11:31 PM
    You're not alone. There's a lot of people that enjoy the smaller form factor that comes with a sub 5" screen with decent screen/body ratio. If there weren't, Apple wouldn't be rumored to be releasing the iPhone 6c, with a smaller screen yet the latest hardware. I have quite a few friends that prefer their 5 or 5s to the iPhone 6. For them it's all about form factor and portability. Glad Apple is responding.

Unfortunately for Android, you have to get the mini or compact variants of a product line, which often sacrifices specs.

 Q10
    Thanks! I hadn't heard the iPhone rumor. I figured smaller full featured phones would just be a thing of the past and figured my next phone would be the s7 or the LG v10. I guess I'll check the rumored release dates on that 6c.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    02-11-16 12:25 AM
    Sorry to break this to you but this place ceased to be a BlackBerry fan site years ago. There are friendlier, better moderated sites to check out. My latest amusement was a deliberate hate thread (and here I naively thought that personal attacks were prohibited here, LOL my bad ) was started against a specific person and the mods finally waded in to... wait for it... tell posters they were getting 'off topic' and keep their hate posts focused.

Shake my head in disbelief.

Oh, and on topic... my Z10 is still used in my racecar as a trackday data acquisition unit. It's running an Android app that runs perfectly with OS 10.3.2 and I retired the iPod I was using because the battery was toast and the Z10 actually outlasts it during 60 minute screen-on track sessions... with the stock crappy battery... whodathunkit?

PS... what's up with these horrible scripts that lock my browsers on multiple machines Crackberry? Clean that junk up.

[WARN]Do not post complaints about Moderators. Mobile Nations has the highest regard for individuals who volunteer their time to be a Moderator. Every day, our Moderators read through hundreds of threads and posts, and all Moderator decisions are final. We trust any action a Moderator takes will follow our rules & guidelines. Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any Moderator action.[/WARN]
    [WARN]Abuse of a Moderator
    Our Moderators volunteer their own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. Abuse of Moderators will not be tolerated. If you have a complaint or issue with a Moderator, please bring it up privately via private message, or send an email or PM to either the Moderator Team Leader (pkcable) or our Community Manager (James Falconer).[/WARN]
    anon(9169048) and TgeekB like this.
    02-11-16 07:56 AM
105 1234 ...