When I get replies like those from RaybanRJ I feel like throwing in the towel here. We're all Blackberry fans here, and we're not even attacking Blackberry (even if you think some corporation who you don't owe anything and don't work for is worth defending and getting all touchy about).
    We're not talking about software, we're talking about physical devices. I have a feeling you have a hidden agenda you are getting angry about, or what you say doesn't make sense.
    This is my final post here. I'll be talking about left handed tin-openers from now on.
    10-26-19 04:30 PM
    Got the BlackBerry name on it doesn’t it? You perceive things how you want and maybe others will perceive things a little more positively OK. No one is throwing in the towel yet at BlackBerry and some of us will take some pride in that, try all you want to be a defeatist on this topic. Like I said for the third time, they were never a handset maker to begin with, they are generally a software developer now. Some of us love our companies through the ups and downs we don’t just dump on them and scream “they should be killed!” Learn the DIFFERENCES.
    What evidence do you have whether they are throwing towel in?
    10-26-19 06:51 PM
    When Blackberry isn’t a company anymore, that’s when they’ve given up. They were never originally a handset company to begin with. People love to knock BlackBerry and have a defeatist attitude and say it should be killed off, but I’d like to know how many other companies out there stick around when they are in the same situation.

A lot of people like to compare BlackBerry to certain car brands in here, well here’s my take, Olds was starved for good products for years, and then it was arbitrarily decided by GM (and tons of know-it-alls on the Internet) to be worthless. Olds could easily have been revived like other brands (Apple, Chrysler in the 1980s or Marvel in the mid-1990s) if GM had invested properly in it (like they did with the first-generation Aurora).
    Well as others have pointed out, BB exited hardware simply due to lack of scale but did attempt to license the brand 3X to keep hope alive. Unfortunately, we’re down to last one with BBMo and need some more hope.
    10-26-19 08:10 PM
    I am here because I am a fan of BlackBerry and other tech products I own.

Even with the discontinued hardware of BlackBerry, they still hold up well.
    10-27-19 12:27 AM
    I started looking at crackberry again because my Key2 was a little over a year old and I was curious about the possibility of new phones. I am still here for a little bit because since I began paying more attention to blackberry phones I have become a ton more productive with my key2. I'm trying to keep my interest level and motivation high. Currently rocking 3 phones. The key2 is my daily driver, though I am technically using the Priv for phone and text that is only because the Wi-Fi is shot on it and data is the only avenue for internet access, my Priv is really for YouTube and Hulu, any games I play on the key2 because of superior hardware, and I dual carry with my classic on my work Wi-Fi, because I like typing on the Classic with the shorter and less awkward pkb set up.
    Ecm likes this.
    10-27-19 10:59 AM
    I have been on the Crackberry forums since 2008 and I have had many devices since that time, I still have a Key2 and I just bought a iPhone X Pro.

I like the folks on these forums and I am also on the iMore forums and they also have some great folks. Myself along with many folks out are always optimistic that there will be another BlackBerry device released for the consumer market.

Until that time arrives, I will continue to monitor and post on this great site.
    10-27-19 01:04 PM
    It'll soon be deja vu all over again for me https://www.webosnation.com/ . Just as I liked to give help (when I could) with some on old Palm devices, same is happening with BB10 devices.
    Good times - just like here people tried to convince themselves of all sorts of things - even when HP pulled the plug, they tried to convince themselves it was a complex marketing scheme...
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-27-19 02:03 PM
    I am here, because the Good Lord put me here....with the cooperation of two ground level investors...my parents. Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad....and of course a thanks to the Big One.
    10-27-19 03:56 PM
    I’m here because I am loving my Key 2 - just a wonderful device, which does so much so easily. I can do things with one or two key presses (yes - KEYS) while others with more “advanced” phones take forever to do what the Key 2 does easily.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-27-19 03:57 PM
    I am here, because the Good Lord put me here....with the cooperation of two ground level investors...my parents. Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad....and of course a thanks to the Big One.
    Yep couldn't have been done without the "The Big One", But didn't you just Thanked your Dad??????
    10-27-19 04:21 PM
    Yep couldn't have been done without the "The Big One", But didn't you just Thanked your Dad??????
    Nah, only the Big One has the ability and patents, the parents are just pre-approved licensee's....whether they pay proper royalties or not, the Big-One will collect. Not that their buy-in isn't important (for them) though. ;-)
    10-27-19 04:38 PM
    Nah, only the Big One has the ability and patents, the parents are just pre-approved licensee's....whether they pay proper royalties or not, the Big-One will collect. Not that their buy-in isn't important (for them) though. ;-)
    Ah I see, So dad's just a small input if any.
    10-27-19 04:55 PM
    Man I just bought a blackberry classic. I've been a blackberry fan since the bold 9000. I have a iphone 8 plus which I'm chopping, and I don't plan on going back to apple or android. It's boring and the same old thing. I miss having a keyboard and do not like the slapped on android software of newer blackberry phones. Don't use social media much and I could with the play store I have. I will continue to use it years down the line as 4G is not going anywhere anytime soon.
    bb9900user2018 and merlin29 like this.
    10-27-19 05:13 PM
    Me it's morbid curiosity, like rubber backing at a car crash.

Plus with no more new products and no hope of attracting new members I pop in periodically half expecting it not to even be here.

I expect most are reading this purely out of habit, a habit your bothering less and less with as in reality there's no real point anymore ☹
    They will pry my PASSPORT from my cold dead hands............................................. .......WOOF! !
    10-27-19 07:30 PM
    They will pry my PASSPORT from my cold dead hands............................................. .......WOOF! !
    Rabies?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-27-19 07:34 PM
    With a capacitive touch keyboard, even a dog knows his master. Besides he doesn't have to get his muddy paws all over the screen to scratch out some work, or fetch the letter-carrier. :-)
    10-27-19 10:46 PM
    I look in once a week out of habit, and still using a BB10 Classic as my main phone to see how many other BB10 owners are around, not giving up until my last BB10 phone has died, I have a spare Classic and Q10 in case, it’s nearly eight years since BB10 arrived will I make ten years use?.
    10-28-19 03:04 AM
42 12