I didn't realize the numerous amount of times I've plugged my Z10 into my TV at home or especially in hotel rooms to watch Netflix while traveling was so totally useless.

If there's a feature that you personally don't have a use for, fine, don't use it. Why bash a feature that others have found a use for simply because you don't need it?

It's about having options. Use the device (and features) that best suits your needs; don't try to belittle others for choosing to do the same. Isn't that like the CrackBerry motto?
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 02-01-14 at 02:02 PM.
    02-01-14 01:41 PM
    Blackberry phone is WAY better and more elegant than any android device
    However the blackberry world is not bettrr than google play. That is the only downside of BlackBerry 10. Since blackberry can handle android apps, it would be very stupid not to take advantage of it, which makes your question a bit stupid too (no offense). If you are happy just with what blackberry world offers, than please dont critic others that get the full experience

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 03:07 PM
    I really didn't see it as him being out to critique others (individuals) specifically, but the convergence of their use to the brand. It's like taking a coupe off-road, or really jacking up a Truck and putting regular street tires on it.

You "could" run a coupe through some trails, or make a beast into a pavement princess, but it wouldn't make sense to some. Same thing going on here. Some of us do not nor have ever seen BlackBerry as a brand geared towards games and multimedia consumption. Just because you could doesn't change that fact.

The other side of the coin however is there has to be some logic behind them sticking Android anything into the system here. If BlackBerry were sticking strictly to it's DNA, there is zero Android can offer that BlackBerry would need.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    02-02-14 05:19 AM
    Blackberry phone is WAY better and more elegant than any android device
    However the blackberry world is not bettrr than google play. That is the only downside of BlackBerry 10. Since blackberry can handle android apps, it would be very stupid not to take advantage of it, which makes your question a bit stupid too (no offense). If you are happy just with what blackberry world offers, than please dont critic others that get the full experience

Posted via CB10
    As far as my question being "stupid"... It seems to me that the only "stupid" thing is why anyone would take offense to it...If I buy a Chevy it is because I like a Chevy.... Yes, I could put a Ford engine into it if I wanted but to me that would seem odd.... Go right ahead and "side load"( whatever the hell that means) or anything you want with your phone...I was just making a comment and observation.... Another observation is how "thin skinned" some people are on these posts.... anyone that says the slightest thing that they don't agree with, they get attacked....... RELAX people... This is a CELL PHONE that we are talking about...Don't get your panties all up in a bunch!!!
    02-02-14 07:48 AM
    I would like to add that if Blackberry is going to ultimately succeed of fail.... It is going to be on its own merits... trying to be an Android or iPhone is not going to work..... Just do what you do best and find your target demographic and concentrate on making the best Blackberry you can, service your customers and grow you base... not some Hybrid Android....Trying to be all things to all people is not going to work..
    02-02-14 07:53 AM
    Good points.
    You only got one I disagree with; the part about it only being a cell phone. That statement is like saying, just as an example, football is nothing but a bunch of guys beating each other up and down a field, whereas other people live and breathe the game. Same here. What is "just" a cell phone to you is the singlemost important possession to me because of just how much, or rather how many things I completely rely on it for (such as managing my bills and finances, and scads of other elements of my adult life.) The point being: there are plenty of people (myself included) who live and breathe tech, in this case mobile tech. Tis true.

The only saddening part is, as you've pointed out, when passions collide and particularly when someone wants to play on that. As with anything else that can be a genuine passion for someone, opposing sides are always going to end up arguing and battling at some point. When has that ever proven not true heheh

anon(5061193) and Morty2264 like this.
    02-02-14 08:12 AM
    Let's be honest. 99.9% of what the consumer hugs is because they are following what everyone else sees as 'good'.

My coach upgraded her brick to an iPhone, just for texting.
    Why?
    'Because I don't want to look poor, and everyone has an iPhone.'

Let's face it, there are millions and millions of people like that.

What BlackBerry needs to do is to appeal to the people who review their phone and those who use every single option and really get mileage on their device. People will follow the trend of BlackBerry gets the important people on it. Those are really the 'prosumer', and the Elite.

I've seen, right here on CrackBerry actually 'I originally bought the Z10 because my favourite singer, Alicia Keys had a BlackBerry 10 phone.'

Win the Elite over.

Posted via my Z30.
    02-02-14 08:35 AM
    I really didn't see it as him being out to critique others (individuals) specifically, but the convergence of their use to the brand. It's like taking a coupe off-road, or really jacking up a Truck and putting regular street tires on it.

You "could" run a coupe through some trails, or make a beast into a pavement princess, but it wouldn't make sense to some. Same thing going on here. Some of us do not nor have ever seen BlackBerry as a brand geared towards games and multimedia consumption. Just because you could doesn't change that fact.

The other side of the coin however is there has to be some logic behind them sticking Android anything into the system here. If BlackBerry were sticking strictly to it's DNA, there is zero Android can offer that BlackBerry would need.

I think you are seeing it as too much of an extreme here, I would think of it more as buying a pickup truck and putting premium tires for an suv on it ( which I do) because the standard tires do not give the performance, (nor safety)that a premium tire will.

There is much that android can offer that BlackBerry doesn't....and the other way around as well....i prefer my BlackBerry for its ability to handle a large variety of file types, smooth and easy Bluetooth, folder creation plus storage/saving options, and hub integration, just to name a few....

At the same time BlackBerry cannot develop by themselves nor force others to create ones for them. That being said, there are some apps which I would like, both for production at work and personal, which are not available through BlackBerry....Autodesk apps, Tekla BIM note, HP printing, (all work related), and Verizon mobile remote, (personal) .

With that, I do not want to carry two devices, (nor can I justify the cost), when one will suffice. I can tell you that having used an android for two years (following two years of BlackBerry use) and living in a house dominated by Apple devices, BlackBerry is the primary choice for me. Now having an easy way to access performance enhancing and useful additions to my phone only makes it an even better choice.

Everyone will have their own reasons, some overlapping, and some only applicable to them, for wanting android apps on their BlackBerry. There are, literally, over 1 billion mobile phone users worldwide and only a handful of platforms to choose from. No one device can be expected to satisfy all the needs of everyone. An advancement which allows greater flexibility with a device should be applauded.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:41 AM
    I would like to add that if Blackberry is going to ultimately succeed of fail.... It is going to be on its own merits... trying to be an Android or iPhone is not going to work..... Just do what you do best and find your target demographic and concentrate on making the best Blackberry you can, service your customers and grow you base... not some Hybrid Android....Trying to be all things to all people is not going to work..
    "Just do what you do best and find your target demographic and concentrate on making the best Blackberry you can, service your customers and grow you base"

...funny, that is exactly what I thought they were doing....

"trying to be an Android or iPhone is not going to work..... not some Hybrid Android....Trying to be all things to all people is not going to work"

......read my post above to see why I believe that this concept is flawed and why I believe that BlackBerry is on the right track.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zed_10; 02-02-14 at 09:07 AM.
    02-02-14 08:50 AM
    Netflix/games are the most useless installations on mobile devices.

They are fun, but 100% useless.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, maybe for you, but for others, no. I personally don't install games on my device anymore (haven't in over 2 years), but when I am on the plane and I don't want to listen to music anymore, firing up Netflix is nice.
    02-03-14 08:08 AM
    I get so annoyed at this talk, when people complain about apps it always starts with Netflix, WHO THE HE'LL IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO WATCH TV ON A 4" screen?
    I do. I do it all the time.

That is what my 50" TV is for. I don't get it .
    Kinda hard to balance a 50" TV on a treadmill at the gym or a plane seat or anywhere else anyone watches TV on a mobile phone does.

Next is games, games are cute but far from essential and both of these are worthless to a city dweller like me who will get his phone stolen for having it out. The only things I really want is my banking app, and maybe some utilities, my Gmail, gcal and contacts already work flawlessly, don't understand people.

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    So, because you find games useless, everyone else should? Well, good for you.

Netflix/games are the most useless installations on mobile devices.

They are fun, but 100% useless.

Posted via CB10
    Not according to the millions of people myself included who use games and I used to use Netflix until I dropped the service to save money.
    BlackBerry Guy and Mr.Monty like this.
    02-03-14 09:54 AM
    I need to update this thread... I am about a week into using the Z30 and love the phone.. but I am missing some of the Apps..... I don't have my banking, vibor, Starbucks, a few games, travel apps.... I tried using Amazon and 1mobile to try to get some apps but it didn't work for me.. and that side-loading thing isn't going to happen... I am on Verizon in the US running 10.2.0.1233.... Will Google apps be available when the next upgrade comes through?? I hope so.. I miss them a hell of a lot more than I thought I would....I WAS WRONG!!!
    02-04-14 09:14 AM
    Yes u can have all those apps when u get 10.2.1!

I am still waiting as I'm on Vodafone UK

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:09 AM
88 ... 234