Give them a Blackberry, what will they do with it?
    Laugh.
    01-29-14 01:14 PM
    I fully agree with you. I do consider myself very tech savvy for an old guy.. LOL....Maybe toys was the wrong word.... What I mean is that for many people a cell phone is a tool for their job. If making calls, texting,emailing is how you use your phone, than I find the BB far better than the rest.. If facebooking, playing angry birds, and watching TV on your phone is important, than you should chose another OS....
    Watching TV on your phone? Microsoft, TechSmith, UberSense, Google, Samsung, and a ton of other companies put all their tutorials for their products on YouTube. Video Podcasts about serious stuff are hosted on Vimeo or iTunes. Where are the Mobile Nations Podcasts hosted? YouTube (they use Hangouts so I'm pretty sure they end up there), IIRC.

Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Vine, etc. are all used for communicating and interacting with Customer Bases. I tend to get better support (and quicker) on Facebook and Twitter than I would if I tried to email or call the place - carriers like AT&T and Sprint (from my experience) have been using Social media like Facebook VERY well for dealing with customer issues, even ACTUALLY calling you back to follow up on it and resolve issues...

If I'm on a 6 hour drive across states, or on a train, sitting in the airport, whatever... I might wanna play a game, or open Netflix and watch an episode of a series I'm working through... When looking for program music, integrated subscription services like Xbox Music and Google Play Music All Access are invaluable and save potentially tons of money.

I don't really find any platform to be better than any other for basic PIM functionality and especially not stuff like "making a phone call or sending a text."

You've missed a lot of the point KP was making in her post. You're still looking at Social Media and apps as "play stuff" when it isn't. It's an important avenue for people to tap into training materials, get support, communicate with others, even promote themselves or their organizations. More and more organizations are starting to use it, as well...

I do not play many games or watch many movies on my phone, usually (when I'm traveling, I will, to pass time), but I am on a number of Social Media sites not so I can share selfies or desert pictures, but to stay informed and communicate with people I know within same organization (i.e. Sports Club has their own Private FB Group, Costume Designers have their own Pinboards to Share their work, some top coaches share tips via Video on Instagram, and the sport's Governing Body uses Google+ a lot for things like Hangouts with Atheletes and Interviews). I also use them as a support channel, for reasons stated above.
    anon(5061193) and randall2580 like this.
    01-29-14 01:37 PM
    I fully agree with you. I do consider myself very tech savvy for an old guy.. LOL....Maybe toys was the wrong word.... What I mean is that for many people a cell phone is a tool for their job. If making calls, texting,emailing is how you use your phone, than I find the BB far better than the rest.. If facebooking, playing angry birds, and watching TV on your phone is important, than you should chose another OS....
    Bob,

I am in the same situation you are, but I'm a 20 something, and the generations now demand more, I still value and need the great reception and call quality of my Z30, my job literally depends on it, i still need the excellent email service BlackBerry provides because i need it.

On the other hand i also need my device to fire up Netflix and plug into the flat screen at the hotel to relax, keep me connected to my family while I'm away, etc.

Its called having your cake and eating it to, and now with the new update i can do just that

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    01-29-14 02:26 PM
    I wonder if die-hard BB10 purists will want their own discussion forum where Android app usage is off limits. Some people just want to be more Blackberry than others, I guess.
    I don't know about "off limits" but the forum is getting more Droid everyday. Maybe is has to be that way for BlackBerry to survive.
    01-29-14 02:33 PM
    Apps for medical and other niche professionals are certainly not toys but they are predominantly developed for iOS and Android.
    bbq10l likes this.
    01-29-14 02:38 PM
    Are you still with sprint too?
    I've never been with Sprint. I was briefly with Verizon and used a 9930 and a 9370.
    01-29-14 02:46 PM
    I love my Z10 but the Starbucks app wasn't available until 10.2 (MAKE) and at that point it was do I want an app that has 75% of what I need it to do or look for the Android APK for the Starbucks app and have it do everything I need it for? It was an easy choice I found and downloaded the Starbucks Android app.

I'm sure most people here will say the same, we need to do and if they have it in BlackBerry World then perfect, if not I'll find something that does

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:06 PM
    I need to view Autocad drawings on my phone, and the Autodesk mobile site is completely useless. Some of us have obscure reasons, but I'm glad that a single solution can address both common and very unusual needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 04:31 PM
    I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    How about I prefer BlackBerry, like to tinker, and love apps??
    And if I ca. Have my cake and eat it too, why wouldn't i??
    01-29-14 04:36 PM
    I wonder if die-hard BB10 purists will want their own discussion forum where Android app usage is off limits. Some people just want to be more Blackberry than others, I guess.
    Sign me up, mate!

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    01-29-14 04:37 PM
    Bob,

I am in the same situation you are, but I'm a 20 something, and the generations now demand more, I still value and need the great reception and call quality of my Z30, my job literally depends on it, i still need the excellent email service BlackBerry provides because i need it.

On the other hand i also need my device to fire up Netflix and plug into the flat screen at the hotel to relax, keep me connected to my family while I'm away, etc.

Its called having your cake and eating it to, and now with the new update i can do just that

I am not dissing people for their phone choice, I just thought that people went a little overboard with getting goggle apps on their BB... I didn't mean to offend anyone... I use a my BB for business and call quality, email, testing, camera are vital to my job... The other stuff is cool and I do use it regularly and am hoping my Z30 will satisfy everything my mobile life needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:41 PM
    (simple answer), because we can...while listening to FM radio and editing a spreadsheet while delaying a phone call...all at once.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-29-14 08:59 PM
    OP, you are living in the past. Look at the blog posts here on Crackberry:

How to install Fruit Ninja
    How to install Candy Crush
    How to install Minecraft
    How to install Temple Run 2
    How to install Netflix
    How to install Instagram

Your type of thinking is one of the reasons BlackBerry got into the situation they are in. The tools not toys argument doesn't exist.
    randall2580 and bbq10l like this.
    01-30-14 07:47 AM
    I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    Because my friends have SnapChat!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-30-14 07:49 AM
    Can anyone point to a forum or list where I can view what Android apps work on BB10 with Android Player? As I understand, not all apps work. I am currently researching to determine if I switch to BB Z30 (from Windows Phone 8). Windows Phone 8 is also very good, and like BB10, are the only OSes really innovating in the UX, UI, and in many other features. Windows Phone 8 also suffers from a lack of apps, but you can't run apps from any other mobile OS, so I think that BB10 having Android Player is a smart move (BB is trying to surpass Windows Phone 8 in users).
    02-01-14 10:45 AM
    I get so annoyed at this talk, when people complain about apps it always starts with Netflix, WHO THE HE'LL IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO WATCH TV ON A 4" screen? That is what my 50" TV is for. I don't get it . Next is games, games are cute but far from essential and both of these are worthless to a city dweller like me who will get his phone stolen for having it out. The only things I really want is my banking app, and maybe some utilities, my Gmail, gcal and contacts already work flawlessly, don't understand people.

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-01-14 11:02 AM
    Cuz it's fun! I did the whole shazam and then ended up not using any android apps!

I miss leaks!

It was always a part of my BlackBerry experience!

Q10 Powered by 10.2.1.1925 Oil'n Up for 10.3
    02-01-14 11:08 AM
    I get so annoyed at this talk, when people complain about apps it always starts with Netflix, WHO THE HE'LL IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO WATCH TV ON A 4" screen? That is what my 50" TV is for. I don't get it . Next is games, games are cute but far from essential and both of these are worthless to a city dweller like me who will get his phone stolen for having it out. The only things I really want is my banking app, and maybe some utilities, my Gmail, gcal and contacts already work flawlessly, don't understand people.

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    You do realize you can use your phone to connect to a TV to watch Netflix, right? This is what a lot of people want it for. I have watched a movie on a plane, and a 4 inch screen is better than nothing.

I walk around NYC all the time with my iPhone out (and every other device I have owned) and never once worried about getting it stolen. I also try to stay away from the really ****ty areas so I guess that helps.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-01-14 11:12 AM
    Netflix/games are the most useless installations on mobile devices.

They are fun, but 100% useless.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:53 AM
    If by screwing around you mean plugging my Z10 into a computer and clicking a few things then unplugging my Z10 and tapping the screen a few times to get access to tens of thousands of useful applications then I am very happy to do so. Why do you care how I use my phone?

/What you need is a Windows phone.
    02-01-14 12:04 PM
    OP, you are living in the past. Look at the blog posts here on Crackberry:

How to install Fruit Ninja
    How to install Candy Crush
    How to install Minecraft
    How to install Temple Run 2
    How to install Netflix
    How to install Instagram

Your type of thinking is one of the reasons BlackBerry got into the situation they are in. The tools not toys argument doesn't exist.
    Have to agree.

Android apps are here to stay on BlackBerry.
    02-01-14 12:04 PM

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    Well, I just picked up the BlackBerry dock for the Z10 from the post office after ordering it on ebay. I connected it right away to my 55 inch hdtv and can now use Netflix off the phone. Great setup now and I don't need a smart tv box, have a top quality portable smart phone that does many things.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:42 PM
    Have to agree.

Android apps are here to stay on BlackBerry.
    Blackberry will die is a platform, no incentive for anyone to make native apps.

It's the beginning of the end, eventually it will be too similar to android, become redundant and become history.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:46 PM
    I'm with you Rich........
    02-01-14 01:18 PM
    Blackberry will die is a platform, no incentive for anyone to make native apps.

It's the beginning of the end, eventually it will be too similar to android, become redundant and become history.

Posted via CB10
    Depends if BB can maintain their edge in security. Then with their future business phones, they are secure and aps for enterprise can be a niche market as 'Built for BlackBerry ' and the secure access to android is still there.

I do however partially agree with you for consumer devices. I think that the upcoming Jarkarta phone will be another flop if blackberry can't or doesn't market the 'access to android apps' features of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 01:32 PM
88 1234