Cloud printing

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 02:59 PM
    I just like to mess around with things. Coming from Android made me a maniac for such things, though bring on BlackBerry has calmed that down

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    01-28-14 03:06 PM
    I fully agree with you. I do consider myself very tech savvy for an old guy.. LOL....Maybe toys was the wrong word.... What I mean is that for many people a cell phone is a tool for their job. If making calls, texting,emailing is how you use your phone, than I find the BB far better than the rest.. If facebooking, playing angry birds, and watching TV on your phone is important, than you should chose another OS....
    01-28-14 03:23 PM
    Simple, I am addicted to that damn Simpson game!

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    01-28-14 04:45 PM
    I fully agree with you. I do consider myself very tech savvy for an old guy.. LOL....Maybe toys was the wrong word.... What I mean is that for many people a cell phone is a tool for their job. If making calls, texting,emailing is how you use your phone, than I find the BB far better than the rest.. If facebooking, playing angry birds, and watching TV on your phone is important, than you should chose another OS....
    Some people using apps like Facebook, Instagram, vine, Twitter etc are using them for there job. From promoting products, store's, brands to bands and events.

And then you have the younger crowd were being able to play the same games there friends are talking about means they may or may not buy a smartphone.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-28-14 10:00 PM
    My answer is simple. I like access to apps and prefer the BB UI.
    Bogdan Octavian1 likes this.
    01-28-14 10:14 PM
    Calling it a toy is appropriate in many cases.... My 10 year old niece has an iphone, my teenage daughters have an iphone... what do they do with it???? Social Media and Games..... That is a definition of a toy
    01-29-14 07:19 AM
    Not everyone wants to sideload or grab Android APKs or go to third party stores.

I was missing Instagram and banking apps. Now that iGrann is in BBW I've got it on my device. I am using the web for my banking apps. Not happy. But it's a better solution for me than putting Google Play or 1mobile on my BlackBerry or gabbing APKS. If my banks ever come to BBW I'll load them.

And yes, I've got an iPhone 5s. But I have been using my Q10 almost exclusively since I got it almost a month ago. My SGIII is taking a long break.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    Are you still with sprint too?
    01-29-14 07:28 AM
    Facebook? Check. Angry Birds? Check. Watching TV on your phone? Check. All of these things can are available for BB10, with a few exceptions on watching TV.

By your logic BlackBerry World has nothing but quality apps that are useful while the other app stores have nothing but toy apps and junk. It's actually the other way around.
    01-29-14 07:31 AM
    Because I find that often generations past the target market often do not understand what's going on. It's not an absolute, but similar to how when you get older the music kids are listening to seems like B.S. compared to when you were growing up. Your age bracket probably doesn't use social media to the extent that 15-30 year olds do, so there's likely not as high of a demand for you to use those apps either. You also lived quite a long time before the internet was around. Young folks now have always had the internet. Apps aren't toys, it's a multibillion dollar industry and something that clearly matters.
    May be true for most but I'm in my mid 30's and I don't give that much importance to apps but I do agree with what has mostly been said. You are out of line for asking about age and frankly people like you disappoint people like me. Society should step back and embrace simplicity.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    anon(5061193) and zensen like this.
    01-29-14 07:36 AM
    I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    I believe that this is because there are lots of people who prefer BlackBerry as their phone of choice, but need apps that are not available in BlackBerry World, but don't want an android device.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    ubizmo and k8bushlover like this.
    01-29-14 07:36 AM
    I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    OP I appreciate that you love your BlackBerry and it's simplicity. But based on sales and current marketshare, the vast majority of people want a lot more. Why not face the FACT that BlackBerry needs more than the apps that are currently available in BlackBerry World? We would all love it if the app gap could be closed without relying on loading Andorid Apps.... but the fact that Sideloading has been so popular and that it has been a year and the trickle of apps that we have gotten is not getting the job done.

If we want BlackBerry to stay in business, we should applaud anything that makes the devices more attractive to today's users.
    kbz1960, anon(5061193) and bbq10l like this.
    01-29-14 07:38 AM
    Because they can. Everybody's an expert in tech nowadays.
    01-29-14 07:38 AM
    Calling it a toy is appropriate in many cases.... My 10 year old niece has an iphone, my teenage daughters have an iphone... what do they do with it???? Social Media and Games..... That is a definition of a toy
    No worries my friend, some people will never be satisfied when they are trying to keep up with the Jones's. I for one keep my phone for communications-tools-music-camera-browsing (no particular order of importance).

I do love google maps and miss the app from my 9930 although BeMaps Pro works well.

I just think that people should use their smartphones for whatever drives them in life. What's your passion? Let your smartphone help you excel at that but don't rely on it so heavily that when a certain app is not available that it causes you to worry and think about getting another phone because that phone will have faults also.

web99 and anon(5061193) like this.
    01-29-14 07:48 AM
    My opinion is, why would we choose another OS if we can have the simple and intuitive blackberry interface, the best mobile browser, the best touch screen keyboard I've ever used and still have access to the android app database? The new blackberry devices definitely are far more than just simple business devices.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    01-29-14 07:49 AM
    The same can be done on a BB10 device. I can use my Z10 like a toy right now, same goes for my 5S (iOS) and Galaxy Nexus (Android), but I don't.

The user makes the device a toy.
    01-29-14 08:54 AM
    My PC and Mac can play games and do social media yet I can also use them to be incredibly productive. My Z10 can be used to play games, yet I can email, make calls and message all day on my Nexus 5 if I wanted. The industry I work in, long dominated by BlackBerry, is seeing iOS devices, and even some Android devices slowly creeping in, as there are industry specific apps that are only available on those two platforms.

Ultimately a smartphone is a device that is capable of wearing many hats. The name on the back, or the OS it runs does not define what the phone is or pigeon holes it into a particular function. How someone choses to use their smartphone defines it as entertainment device or productivity tool or whatever else, at that given moment.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:21 AM
    -eye roll- Yeah when you give a child anything they turn it into a toy. You can give them a cardboard box and a roll of duck tape and see what happens. Give them a plastic cup or an extension cord and it's a toy.

Give that same phone to a world renowned cardiac surgeon and see if he calls it a toy.
    mornhavon and bbq10l like this.
    01-29-14 09:47 AM
    Actually, most of the people I know are very mobile. Myself for one spend more time out than in my office. However, my minions do live in cubicles, so maybe that is why they need more games and stuff like that on their phones. Makes perfect sense for them, but not for me. Anyway, have a great day regardless of what phone you choose to use.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) and Morty2264 like this.
    01-29-14 09:52 AM
    My turn for an -eye roll-..... Give a teenager a cardboard box and some duct tape and see their response...
    01-29-14 10:30 AM
    My turn for an -eye roll-..... Give a teenager a cardboard box and some duct tape and see their response...
    Give them a Blackberry, what will they do with it?
    01-29-14 10:37 AM
    No worries my friend, some people will never be satisfied when they are trying to keep up with the Jones's. I for one keep my phone for communications-tools-music-camera-browsing (no particular order of importance).

I do love google maps and miss the app from my 9930 although BeMaps Pro works well.

I just think that people should use their smartphones for whatever drives them in life. What's your passion? Let your smartphone help you excel at that but don't rely on it so heavily that when a certain app is not available that it causes you to worry and think about getting another phone because that phone will have faults also.

Some people act like these apps are like vital organs that you can't live without... Sure, BB App World is smaller... It only has 10 Billion apps and not the needed 30 Billion... The beauty of the BB is in its simplicity but to each their own... but it seems odd to me that people could not be satisfied with just one of the OS...Unless of course phones are just a hobby and then its perfectly normal.. LOL
    01-29-14 10:40 AM
    Some people act like these apps are like vital organs that you can't live without... Sure, BB App World is smaller... It only has 10 Billion apps and not the needed 30 Billion... The beauty of the BB is in its simplicity but to each their own... but it seems odd to me that people could not be satisfied with just one of the OS...Unless of course phones are just a hobby and then its perfectly normal.. LOL

And some people act like there is no choice out there and that we have to give up these organs - vital or not. T
    01-29-14 11:41 AM

I have the Q and the GN 3 and my choice would be the GN 3. Without access to Android apps i cant even get my banking app on board the Q - so I disagree with your point regarding "apps you can use in your daily life". There is too much I still cannot do with BlackBerry with access to Android.
    01-29-14 11:50 AM
    I'm one of those (probably not so rare) people who have only owned BlackBerry smartphones, so I honestly do not "see" the app gap as this monstrosity that is ruining my smartphone experience. I mean, yes, I know Instagram isn't available and some other big app names, but since I've never used them anyway, it honestly doesn't really bother me. I'm also not a big app person - I just download weather apps, Be Buzz Pro, a word game, and a flashlight app, and I'm good to go - so these issues don't really matter to me; unless someone makes fun of me for owning a BlackBerry. No offense to anyone who wants and loves this app (as I myself think Instagram is cool), but not having a photo app on my phone when it already has a camera with Time Shift mode does not make my phone "not usable," or "sub-par." It just makes my phone different.

As some other users have mentioned, doing research before you buy a specific platform device or just buying an Android or iOS phone if it has the apps you need are really good ideas.
    HoiNam Lee likes this.
    01-29-14 11:51 AM
88 1234