I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    01-28-14 07:45 AM
    I believe it is because of the app gap. Besides, there isn't much of jumping around in hoola hoops to get snap on and download from Google play. In addition, because android apps are sandboxed it has a harder time infecting the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and anon(5061193) like this.
    01-28-14 07:50 AM
    I handle the phones for my Company and I have any phone I want readily available.. If I was paying for it.. It would be the BB no question... The others are almost toys
    01-28-14 07:56 AM
    Because people love their BB's but want access to popular apps that aren't available/a larger number of apps. You may be fine with only having apps that are available in BB World, but clearly many others aren't.
    01-28-14 08:37 AM
    Well, not everybody has multiple devices at their disposal. I'd venture a guess and say that most smart phone users only have one. Some users may prefer to use BB10 or even just want to try it; but because they want/need certain apps that simply are not available, they turn to another platform. Accessibility to so many of those Android apps now essentially removes that barrier. The real beauty is, if you don't want any part of the 'Google experience', you don't have to touch it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-28-14 08:39 AM
    Been my experience there seem to be a lot of "productivity users" on BB.... IOS is pretty closed down so it is great for those who do not care how something works.. just that it works... Android are really big into OS customization of the OS.... either through Skins or settings.... BB folks seems to be more interested in productivity on their device.... be through OS or apps..... Being able running Android is great but for me it should be more fully explained by BB.. they really seem to skrit the issue... probably for financial reasons... would decmate BB world if you had full acees to Google Play ....
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    01-28-14 08:46 AM
    Some people just prefer the BB10 UI and UX, but also want access to a large catalog of apps as well. What constitutes a useful or desirable app is going to come down to personal wants and needs.
    01-28-14 08:53 AM
    Being able running Android is great but for me it should be more fully explained by BB.. they really seem to skrit the issue... probably for financial reasons... would decmate BB world if you had full acees to Google Play ....
    The reason why there's no access to Google Play is not a BlackBerry decision, but rather is due to the BB10 implementation of the Android player not meeting Google's requirements to qualify for it (same reason why the Kindle Fire has no official access). You're also not going to hear BlackBerry trumpet the fact that it has the ability to install APK files simply because at this point, there exists no official solution to actually obtain APKs. Sideloading, APK grabbers and 3rd party app stores are fine for the CrackBerry crowd. But when it comes to the public, you want to be able to say "we have apps" not "we have apps, but first you need to do this..."
    pantlesspenguin and mspace81 like this.
    01-28-14 09:22 AM
    I handle the phones for my Company and I have any phone I want readily available.. If I was paying for it.. It would be the BB no question... The others are almost toys
    How old are you?
    01-28-14 09:31 AM
    Not everyone wants to sideload or grab Android APKs or go to third party stores.

I was missing Instagram and banking apps. Now that iGrann is in BBW I've got it on my device. I am using the web for my banking apps. Not happy. But it's a better solution for me than putting Google Play or 1mobile on my BlackBerry or gabbing APKS. If my banks ever come to BBW I'll load them.

And yes, I've got an iPhone 5s. But I have been using my Q10 almost exclusively since I got it almost a month ago. My SGIII is taking a long break.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-28-14 09:50 AM
    Due to the percieved app gapp and add a dash of " but I do not have ______... I for one refuse to be brainwashed into thinking somehow my device is sufficient because I do not have ______... did my research before buying my phone.... if I need Andoid or IOS apps so bad... I would have bought one... I like the productivity the device provides.....
    Vernon Bay and alan510 like this.
    01-28-14 09:59 AM
    ppl are still talking about productivity and brainwash? what is this 1999 when getting email and responding on phone was a big deal? i guess slapping the bb logo on a phone automatically increase your productivity, or is it just an excuse for lack of app?

just a reminder. most ppl do their work on their computer not a 4inch screen. what makes bb more productive than iphone or android?
    iN8ter and mornhavon like this.
    01-28-14 10:53 AM
    I have only one mobile device at my disposal and my bank doesn't have an app for it. The website is fine but a little tricky to navigate on a mobile device. I now have the Android app for my bank. Works perfectly. Easy to navigate. I'm happy. Any questions?

Google Play apps have nothing to do with the experience of a mobile device. I prefer BlackBerry over Android. I've used Android enough to know that preference is genuine. It has nothing to do with apps.

Posted via CB10
    k8bushlover likes this.
    01-28-14 11:00 AM
    Because BlackBerry World will not see manufacturer apps for a long time. Eg NUUO for your security cameras. Panasonic for my TV. Denon for my receiver. As of this morning they are loaded on my z30. The z30 was the best device I have ever had. Now it is the best device on the market period. We have it all! Oh and it runs android apps in a safe and locked environment from the OS. Better than an android phone by far.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-28-14 11:06 AM
    The reason that I had for wanting this phone plus android support is because of the OS features. To enumerate, UI flow, hub, KB, call quality, cell range. Besides iPhone, no other phone has impressed me relative to call quality. I've had a slew of androids, latest being the HTC One. Only the iPhone equals in call quality.

There were some apps which I really wanted but we're only for android. Now I have everything I need.

It really comes down to the usage experience offered by the device which is the main reason to own a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:09 AM
    I have a z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:09 AM
    I wonder if die-hard BB10 purists will want their own discussion forum where Android app usage is off limits. Some people just want to be more Blackberry than others, I guess.
    01-28-14 11:15 AM
    Been a long time since I've seen the toys argument here.
    sallenthornton and mornhavon like this.
    01-28-14 12:48 PM
    And here goes yet another thread down the toilet.

Elite1 likes this.
    01-28-14 01:18 PM
    I am a very young 49
    01-28-14 01:36 PM
    I just ordered the Z30... I should have it in a few days.. I am very excited to try it
    01-28-14 01:38 PM
    How old are you?
    Why does my age matter?
    01-28-14 01:40 PM
    I am wondering why people are trying so hard to be able to get access to the Google Play Store.. If you want the Google Experience.. just buy an Android phone.. The beauty of the BB is simplicity and the access to apps that you actually can use in your daily life. I love my BB because I don't have to work around all the nonsense in the IOS App store and the Google play store...

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and an Iphone 5S and a Q10 and if I had to pick one.. It would be the BB by far!!
    There is far more trash in BlackBerry World relative to what's in iOS and Android.
    mornhavon likes this.
    01-28-14 01:45 PM
    Why does my age matter?
    Because I find that often generations past the target market often do not understand what's going on. It's not an absolute, but similar to how when you get older the music kids are listening to seems like B.S. compared to when you were growing up. Your age bracket probably doesn't use social media to the extent that 15-30 year olds do, so there's likely not as high of a demand for you to use those apps either. You also lived quite a long time before the internet was around. Young folks now have always had the internet. Apps aren't toys, it's a multibillion dollar industry and something that clearly matters.
    01-28-14 02:10 PM
    [WARN]We like seeing a lively debate in the forums, but please cut out the personal comments. That's a good way to have your comments deleted, at the very least.[/WARN]
    Justam likes this.
    01-28-14 02:44 PM
88 123 ...