Google has spend time , resources and $$$$ building Google Play Store. So why would it give access to BB10? What's the benefit to them? Why should they care about BlackBerry?
    Unless there is something for them, I doubt it is going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:41 AM
    Google has spend time , resources and $$$$ building Google Play Store. So why would it give access to BB10? What's the benefit to them? Why should they care about BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a deal was struck between the two???? Just guessing...
    jacmeister68 and fedakd like this.
    11-10-13 07:44 AM
    Maybe a deal was struck between the two???? Just guessing...
    Well that is a given. OP is wondering what kind of deal. I imagine access to use patents.
    mago72 and dracolnyte like this.
    11-10-13 07:46 AM
    Because it simply gives a larger piece of the pie to Google's ecosystem and thus revenue production. It's not rocket science...
    Because it simply gives a larger piece of the pie to Google's ecosystem and thus revenue production. It's not rocket science...
    Yup.....what I was alluding to....

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    Also we are already side loading Google apps and it's possible some of us are stealing paid apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:50 AM
    Also we are already side loading Google apps and it's possible some of us are stealing paid apps.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think giving the Play Store would really solve that. Even people on Android that have the Play Store, side load paid apps for free

Think this is more like Google benefitting of more people that see their and the ones that do purchase

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 and Dr.Deebs like this.
    11-10-13 07:52 AM
    Don't think giving the Play Store would really solve that. Even people on Android that have the Play Store, side load paid apps for free

Think this is more like Google benefitting of more people that see their and the ones that do purchase

Posted via CB10
    But think of having a Z30 with all of Android's apps readily available. That would be a monster situation.
    TioPepe78, bbq10l, epark88 and 2 others like this.
    11-10-13 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    So is that a confession? Haha. Just playing
    11-10-13 07:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't matter, Google still gets people into their services and allows a whole new group of people to third party apps that they could potentially pay for without restriction.
    11-10-13 07:58 AM
    Should've specified I guess :P
    I meant giving the Play Store wouldn't stop people sideloading the paid apps
    The Play Store would be more than welcome just so I can get 1 or 2 games that are not available on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:04 AM
    A lot of people side load because its the only option.
    This gives an option.
    From BlackBerry point of view they get revenue from bbw. Google get revenue from play store. Surely its a win for google more than for BlackBerry?
    11-10-13 08:04 AM
    Should've specified I guess :P
    I meant giving the Play Store wouldn't stop people sideloading the paid apps
    The Play Store would be more than welcome just so I can get 1 or 2 games that are not available on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    Well, Apple couldn't stop people from jailbreaking as well. I don't get your point.

Android has always had sideloading as an option, but people still buy the apps. Same for the Movies and pretty much anything that could be pirated in some way or form.

Have you ever tried to buy a copy of any of Adobe's outlandishly expensive creative suite programs online or otherwise? Then you would have thought of getting a pirated copy of the same programs as well, pretty likely you would. However, people still opt to buy them, simply because they want the assurance of the originals and the warranties. Just because someone offers a pirated copy of it somewhere, people will still want to buy the originals, for whatever reason it may be.

It doesn't matter why, but as some have stated above, there is the choice.
    11-10-13 08:08 AM
    I believe that could only happen after Google had taken over BlackBerry.
    11-10-13 08:11 AM
    Money is money from Google's end, millions of people are running BB10 devices, if there is some otherwise unavailable revenue potential there, why not capitalize?

Maybe right now Google takes 20%, perhaps they will take 15% and BlackBerry can have 5% or something along those line.

It seems like a loss for BlackBerry but then again if I can't get bitstrips properly sideloaded onto my wife's phone correctly then she will just swap her Z10 for an Android.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and milo53 like this.
    11-10-13 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    More product, namely you, the user.
    Google wants your eyeballs.
    What difference the hardware?
    LuvULongTime and m1kr0 like this.
    11-10-13 08:17 AM
    Google's money comes from research. The more they research you the more they can charge for ads as they will be more targeted. They are making future money on as many people as possible. If they have years of research on you they have many future money from you.

They know what you have liked since whenever and if you have a child and start searching they will target baby education from a company you are all ready with. You have just made them more future money.

Google is not worried about the right now. Are they the ones who want to patent adds based on new tattoo ink or whatever. You would get an add when you walk past someone who has a tattoo done in this ink.

Posted by CB10 on a Z10
    Speedygi likes this.
    11-10-13 08:23 AM
    Yep. Perhaps some lisencing deals with patents. Google wants to cover their arse
    11-10-13 08:45 AM
    I know I would love this. I don't mind side loading and I am glad we have that option already, but for someone like my gf who isn't all that tech savy, she would never ever sideload... if it's not ota, or I don't install it for her, it doesn't get installed...

Posted via CB10
    icniagara likes this.
    11-10-13 08:55 AM
    Microsoft is growing, and BlackBerry is the Enterprise attack on Windows Phone.

Android is not, and won't be seen as an Enterprise phone.

Better a phone with Google Play defeating Windows than a phone without it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-10-13 09:06 AM
    Microsoft is growing, and BlackBerry is the Enterprise attack on Windows Phone.

Android is not, and won't be seen as an Enterprise phone.

Better a phone with Google Play defeating Windows than a phone without it.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    Makes sense to me... it's too bad tho that all those months ago when BlackBerry said they were looking for partners, the powers that be at Google were not already thinking about this... or maybe it's because our android runtime finally got updated to a more modern version of android.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    They want to build their platform. They never went into to compete with iOS in the space. They wanted to spread Android because to be a leader in mobile search. They want to push Google services to users.
    11-10-13 09:11 AM
    More apps and ads sales so more revenue for Google from a few more million of users without investing a dime and probably even charging BlackBerry for a license, for Google is just a win situation, for BlackBerry I don't know if there will be profit from this sales and ads.

Even more I think this would be a big hit against windows phone that is also fighting for their ecosystem and maybe pushing them to do the same being Google the world standard for mobile development.

Finally if this true let's hope they do the same for the PlayBook
    11-10-13 09:16 AM
    Google Playstore > App Store

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:19 AM
    More apps and ads sales so more revenue for Google from a few more million of users without investing a dime and probably even charging BlackBerry for a license, for Google is just a win situation, for BlackBerry I don't know if there will be profit from this sales and ads.

Even more I think this would be a big hit against windows phone that is also fighting for their ecosystem and maybe pushing them to do the same being Google the world standard for mobile development.

Finally if this true let's hope they do the same for the PlayBook
    Sorry, but I can't see it happening for the PlayBook, I own 2 I like them but it's discontinued now...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 09:25 AM
101 123 ...