11-19-13 08:21 AM
289 ... 101112
tools
    I love my Z10. However no apps, bad press and when you go into a carrier in the states they try there darn nest to talk you out of a BlackBerry. I don't understand why BlackBerry hasn't gotten on the bandwagon for apps and also on the butts of the carriers for putting your stuff on the back shelves and or have to order the BlackBerry phones when you're standing there with cash in hand. Just my opinion and I don't really care much about apps however 96% of the people do.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:52 PM
    Yeah but there is different ipsw files for each iteration of the iPhone so that wouldn't be a show stopper.

Do you have a link that actually shows that iOS 7 not is rewritten as 64 bit?
    https://developer.apple.com/LIBRARY/...roduction.html

The os is not fully 64bit according to this but has 64bit libraries that allow apps to run. But this would definitely be like you mentioned earlier then that they have two distinct os's to support the models of phones.

So now they are pressing to have apps converted to run 64bit as there are some issues with the 32bit crashing.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...-5s-app-crash/

Overall they have to pick one and go full out for it to perform 100%. This should be soon, but guaranteed android is already on this road and will probably have it done soon.

And we can only hope blackberry has been looking into this with how qnx can run different os's on it, that they were thinking about 64bit when they were going for os10. They would be crazy to just work on the one without looking further.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-11-13 08:48 PM
    I love my Z10. However no apps, bad press and when you go into a carrier in the states they try there darn nest to talk you out of a BlackBerry. I don't understand why BlackBerry hasn't gotten on the bandwagon for apps and also on the butts of the carriers for putting your stuff on the back shelves and or have to order the BlackBerry phones when you're standing there with cash in hand. Just my opinion and I don't really care much about apps however 96% of the people do.
    Leverage. They don't have any. What are they going to do, threaten to take their 1.5% market share to another carrier?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-11-13 10:00 PM
    https://developer.apple.com/LIBRARY/...roduction.html

The os is not fully 64bit according to this but has 64bit libraries that allow apps to run. But this would definitely be like you mentioned earlier then that they have two distinct os's to support the models of phones.

So now they are pressing to have apps converted to run 64bit as there are some issues with the 32bit crashing.

Apple A7 processor and iOS 7 causing more apps to crash | Digital Trends

Overall they have to pick one and go full out for it to perform 100%. This should be soon, but guaranteed android is already on this road and will probably have it done soon.

And we can only hope blackberry has been looking into this with how qnx can run different os's on it, that they were thinking about 64bit when they were going for os10. They would be crazy to just work on the one without looking further.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    Thanks. I had already looked at that first link. Still no defining evidence that iOS 7 is not 64 bit in that link.
    11-12-13 02:53 AM
    That would help big time. The Android and BlackBerry are my two favorite's... If BlackBerry can get more free hot apps their sale base would explode. Guaranteed

Sent from my One S using CB Forums mobile app
    11-16-13 09:08 AM
    Wow a 64 bit kernel ? Interesting .

11-16-13 09:09 AM
    That would help big time. The Android and BlackBerry are my two favorite's... If BlackBerry can get more free hot apps their sale base would explode. Guaranteed

Please explain further.
    11-16-13 09:23 AM
    Blackberry has the best security. Hopefully the Google play attachment helps blackberry with their sales. I like blackberry phones as well.

11-17-13 11:24 PM
    Unfortunately, a lot of people in IT are not realistic when it comes to what average consumers want. There is no point in forcing or persuading people to listen to a well-reasoned argument for a particular product or service if said persons requirements are different from your own. This is why I always seperate my professional and personal opinions when dealing with recommendations.

I've had no qualms about recommending an Android phone to somone even though I believe that a BlackBerry phone is a more secure and efficient choice.
    11-18-13 12:13 AM
    The simple fact is, IT guys are not cool, quality doesn't matter when it comes to coolness, if a half wit celebrity said that they use an iphone then all the half wits will use them. BlackBerry need the support of the masses, that means getting their devices into the hands of many celebrities, business people, anyone in the world that have any influence whatsoever. Proper marketing is needed badly, not a single superbowl advert, Louis Hamilton and Barack Obama, they need lots more.
    How often do we see advertising of the iphone or samsung? Compared to blackberry?

Hopefully the new board will be addressing this.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:41 AM
    The simple fact is, IT guys are not cool, quality doesn't matter when it comes to coolness, if a half wit celebrity said that they use an iphone then all the half wits will use them. BlackBerry need the support of the masses, that means getting their devices into the hands of many celebrities, business people, anyone in the world that have any influence whatsoever. Proper marketing is needed badly, not a single superbowl advert, Louis Hamilton and Barack Obama, they need lots more.
    How often do we see advertising of the iphone or samsung? Compared to blackberry?

Hopefully the new board will be addressing this.

Posted via CB10
    I was just at a meeting with a bunch of psychiatrists from around the world. Prior to that a group that included a lot of high level oncologists. Many,
    probably most were using iPhones. Most of the rest were using Android phones. Keep telling yourself that "half wits" are the ones using iphones if it makes you feel better. It isn't close to true but if it's all you got I suppose you might as well go with it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 11-18-13 at 12:03 PM.
    11-18-13 11:30 AM
    Sorry dupe.
    11-18-13 11:54 AM
    Using a Bold 9930 off BES and using a BB10 phone off BES are two completely different stories. I used to have a 9930 on BES, and agree that it's a bit lifeless without its corporate blood transfusion. I currently have an iOS7 device in addition to my Z10, and I find iOS to be arcane and inefficient. There are a lot of apps for iOS, but a lot of them are not that great. Many of them are so filled with spam and ads that I have deleted them. For the way I use my device, BB10 works. I don't care about following the crowd, in fact I'd rather not be a follower.

I wonder if you gave BB10 a chance before deciding that you don't like BlackBerry any more? If not, that seems to be the root of BlackBerry's problem. BB10 is so much better than BB7 that users of the old OS make judgments about the new OS without trying it out.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Doolittle2; 11-19-13 at 01:21 PM.
    11-19-13 07:39 AM
    My new z30 is totally awesome. My teenagers are drooling, and now that the app gap is gone, this baby crushes the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 and Loc22 like this.
    11-19-13 08:21 AM
289 ... 101112