This may be a small thing, but it is one of many that I just noticed right now...with the BBM4ALL campaign I have noticed something I believe I have seen years ago from BB.

It is the picture that represents BBM, where all the people look like they are in a club partying. I have seen this many times before.

Why would BBRY use the same photo to launch something so massive as BBM going cross-platform!? They have used it previously, and they really REALLY need to learn to change and update! You can't promote a product that is launching today, with the same style you tried using years ago for different products of yours. Why are they doing this?

This is the image...

Why Won't BlackBerry Learn to Change??-bbm4all.png

*If I am wrong in my thinking then please disregard lol
    09-22-13 10:32 AM
    They have given up that's why.

The company is finished....they should use this picture also when the board is asked to leave or sacked.
    09-22-13 10:37 AM
    This may be a small thing, but it is one of many that I just noticed right now...with the BBM4ALL campaign I have noticed something I believe I have seen years ago from BB.

It is the picture that represents BBM, where all the people look like they are in a club partying. I have seen this many times before.

Why would BBRY use the same photo to launch something so massive as BBM going cross-platform!? They have used it previously, and they really REALLY need to learn to change and update! You can't promote a product that is launching today, with the same style you tried using years ago for different products of yours. Why are they doing this?

*If I am wrong in my thinking then please disregard lol
    I have a feeling you're not wrong. I kinda feel like I've seen that before myself. But so what? They wanted to convey the emotion of joy, general happynes, fun, good times and interacting with people.

I think that image is appropriate (better than a bunch of suits doing the blackberry prayer.

Gahh, now I gotta edit that lol.

They have given up that's why.

The company is finished....they should use this picture also when the board is asked to leave or sacked.
    Thanks for the facts pal, we know you are the guy to go to when we have doubts. Now, about those lottery numbers for next week?..

EDIT: Yep... I gotta go with BlackBerry on this one lol.

Why Won't BlackBerry Learn to Change??-bbm4all.png
    09-22-13 10:44 AM
    Didn't you hear they got rid of the whole design team during the recent job cuts at BlackBerry. Well they did! So that's why we're stuck with this 5 year old logo.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:52 AM
    I have a feeling you're not wrong. I kinda feel like I've seen that before myself. But so what? They wanted to convey the emotion of joy, general happynes, fun, good times and interacting with people.

I think that image is appropriate (better than a bunch of suits doing the blackberry prayer.

Gahh, now I gotta edit that lol.

Thanks for the facts pal, we know you are the guy to go to when we have doubts. Now, about those lottery numbers for next week?..

EDIT: Yep... I gotta go with BlackBerry on this one lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbm4all.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	204377
    I agree the picture does portray all the things that BBM stands for so in that sense it works well, and most people wouldn't even remember that that picture was used years ago. I just think as a business, BBRY would have wanted to start fresh and start new. It is a big deal for them to go Cross-Platform with BBM, and personally if I worked for any organization that is trying to refresh and introduce a major product into the market you would want a new updated marketing line. New photos, new styling...
    09-22-13 11:21 AM
    I'm not really sure there is a point to be had here. You remember that image, OK. I actually do not recall ever seeing it and if I did I probably did what almost every other person who did see it does...noticed it and then dismissed it.

Seriously, most people do not have the recall that you have so even if this image was used before they will not equate it with a previous campaign. This one I kind of view as a non-issue with respect to BlackBerry's ability to change / adapt.
    09-22-13 12:02 PM