What are good uses for wifi?

The only one I can think of is downloading a large podcast (over 50meg). I can't do that via my network, they restrict the size of the file you can download and I think wifi would open that up for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 07:50 PM
    I use the wi-fi when I'm sitting at home on occasion just to relieve the stress on my poor data plan... It gets used a lot throughout the day. I will use it to download apps from bbapp world. Just seems to go faster.

05-13-10 07:55 PM
    A local wifi signal is almost always more reliable than trying to hit a cell tower.

Also, say you need to connect to something from a known ipaddress instead of the BIS server.
    05-13-10 07:58 PM
    It allows you to use the internet while in a phone call as well.

05-13-10 07:58 PM
    I use the wi-fi when I'm sitting at home on occasion just to relieve the stress on my poor data plan... It gets used a lot throughout the day. I will use it to download apps from bbapp world. Just seems to go faster.

ditto (10char)
    05-13-10 07:59 PM
    You can also do wifi file transfers with a 3rd party app. Kinda useful if you have multiple machines on the same network and since not all laptop/pc's come standard with bluetooth.
    05-13-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD