Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:15 PM
    Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry had it their way that would be the case, however carriers insisted on having a useless text messaging icon on the device so they can soak customers of more money for a service that literally costs them nothing to make use of. The intent was for text messaging to always be in the hub but carriers though it diminish text messaging usage.
    05-28-13 08:21 PM
    OP thanks for actually creating a completely descriptive thread title.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-29-13 10:33 PM
    I don't know. They should add that as an option in settings

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 04:09 AM
    I don't really understand what you mean. My text messages are in my hub. There is a superfluous icon, but that just opens the text message hub section.

Why is it when I use my text I have to go back from the hub why not stay in the hub-img_00000334.png

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 06:36 AM
    Tapping text icon or tapping text message in hub does the same thing , is just up to personal preference. I use icons because that's what I prefer.

Posted via Z10
    05-30-13 08:19 AM
    If BlackBerry had it their way that would be the case, however carriers insisted on having a useless text messaging icon on the device so they can soak customers of more money for a service that literally costs them nothing to make use of. The intent was for text messaging to always be in the hub but carriers though it diminish text messaging usage.
    I actually like that Text Message icon on the home screen, and I wish there was an option to have one for active email accounts as well to open messages for individual accounts. I find the hub can get mighty cluttered with all that stuff. Call me a throw-back to the old BBOS, I guess, but that'd be my preference. But I do agree, they should be options for those of us who want them and those who don't.
    05-30-13 09:55 AM
    Never knew that.
    The icon was nice at first but now that I'm used to the hub the icon is a bother

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 10:54 AM