Hm strictly technically speaking I don't see how the Z30 was "half-speced" while the Passport suddenly has "solid specs". The Passport has a 4.5" screen which spec wise equals a Full HD 1080p one and a Snapdragon 800 processor, while the conpetition now moves to 801 to 805 chips and even larger QHD displays. Isn't this almost last years specs all over again? Or, ok, 1st quarter specs in the 4th quarter :-P
    Which phones are using the 805? Only rumours out there, there no phone released with the 805 yet or in the near future. The 805 was made for tablets in mind not phones, there's a good article on tomshardware.com.

The passport, because of its square screen has 1440p or the equivalent of FHD in terms of pixels. QHD is simply not necessary for any phone below 6 inches. This is not a repeat of 720p vs 1080p. QHD has so far been a completely unappreciated feature on the LG G3. Just checkout the reviews online.

Does bigger always mean better? I think there a limit to how big phones should be, unless you dont mind holding the size of something as large as a magazine to your face and speaking into it. To me the limit of a phone should be 5 inches anything above that either doesnt fit in an average male's jeans pocket or is uncomfortable.

Differentiate or Die
    08-11-14 09:24 PM
    Just make it 80Something. Real change doesn't happen till the initial number does. Snapdragon 9... now that'll be something.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-12-14 12:08 AM
    At the end of the day I'm not sure it all really matters. I use a Note 3 for work and Z30 personally.. what I can say is I don't really notice a difference with the screen or speed of each phone.

What I do notice is how frustrating it is to type on the Note 3 compared to the Z30. Now I do find Androids offering of widgets more functional at times (especially with the Calendar) but that is about it.

I choose BB10 because of the software(not Apps lol) so the hardware didn't really matter as much to me but I would be lying if I didn't say I was also very excited to see how this works out for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I agree I bought my z10 for the software not hardware. You only need faster processors if your using software that is poorly complied.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 04:04 AM
    I agree I bought my z10 for the software not hardware. You only need faster processors if your using software that is poorly complied.

Posted via CB10
    I agree

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 04:10 AM
    Then this thread is exactly for you guys!
    Even though BB10 is so great, the hardware uses some pretty good specs in the Passport.

Since you don't need better hardware, shouldn't you complain about the Passport?
    I mean, it's a waste right?
    The Z30 already was the epitome of what a smartphone could have ever been, so I'd complain about better specs if I were you.

Oh, I forgot!
    iOS and WP also uses some pretty good specs....
    So every OS is compiled in a ****ty way?
    Not to forget, how can the OS compensate for a bad screen? Is a Z30 with a 4 generation old display able to provide the viewing experience of a current gen display because of the OS?

Posted via CB10
    But the Passport is made for doctors and engineers so they need the extra ppi because pinch to zoom is beyond them. The rest of the specs are needed for other reasons people have yet to make an excuse up for.
    08-12-14 05:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blaming the compiler... really?
    You must be a c coder
    08-12-14 11:32 AM
    Passport seems okay. The classic on the other hand is like early 2013 specs.. Very disapointing
    08-13-14 01:53 PM
    Passport runs super fast. Screen looks awesome. Nobody would be disappointed by the experience unless you don't like physical keyboards.

a full touch passport would be pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:25 PM
    And here I am still happy with the performance of my z10.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    sleepngbear likes this.
    08-14-14 01:34 AM
    Passport runs super fast. Screen looks awesome. Nobody would be disappointed by the experience unless you don't like physical keyboards.

a full touch passport would be pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    So you have tried one?
    08-14-14 09:59 AM
    Blaming the compiler... really?
    You must be a c coder
    What? A couple of my c coder friends would want to have a word with you. Lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    08-14-14 01:06 PM
    And here I am still happy with the performance of my z10.

What about those people with android apps?

08-14-14 01:07 PM

I was more being tongue in cheek than anything. But yes, I'm still happy with the performance 18 months in. Which I'm actually surprised at.
    I use a few android ports. They're a bit slower but I don't use them enough to care that much.
    I can see how it would be annoying for others who need to use more android apps though.

08-14-14 02:33 PM

Is that specs though or OS?

Check Out TechCraze
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    08-14-14 02:35 PM
    It all depends how it gets utilized if I had a phone with 4 GB of ram and the operating system used yp 3.5. Then it's not a really good device

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 08:46 PM
    I mean have you guys seen the specs sheet on the Passport?

• 4.5 inch touchscreen with 16M colors along with a insanely high pixel density of 453 pixels per inch
    • 1080P Screen
    • Quad Core Snapdragon CPU
    • 3gb of Ram
    • And the list goes on!!!

I mean why are we not mad with this new direction that BlackBerry is taking? Last time I checked we don't need these specs, and there are plenty of people on Crackberry who agree with me.

About the Screen PPI:
    Attachment 288965

I mean who really needs 453 PPI when we wouldnt be able to tell the difference from the Z30's 295?

About the 1080P:
    Attachment 288958
    Attachment 288959

I mean its only stupid Androids that really need a 1080P screens for marketing purposes, besides 1080P is overkill and kills the battery. The 720P on my Z10 is good enough for me thank you

About the CPU:
    Attachment 288960
    Guys there is literally NOTHING in existence that the Passport can run into, which will utilize its new quad core processor. Bad move on BlackBerry, Dual cores are and always will be better than any other type of quad or octa core cpu. All this new quad core will do is kill the battery quicker.

If its not obvious by now, I am being sarcastic and am very happy with the direction BlackBerry is taking with its new Passport. Its finally a device which can compete with the rest of the market and I will be gladly picking one up for myself. The reason why I made this post was to vent my frustration that I was feeling during the Thorsten Heins era where many held the belief that BlackBerry got it completely right with the Z10, Z30's etc. That everything they had was "Good enough" and anything else would be overkill. They are fantastic devices which is why I have them, but I always knew they could be better. I truly think that under Chen BlackBerry will step out of mediocrity and begin to push the envelope once again, and ditch the "Good Enough" attitude many people had before. So bring on the Passport!! This will be a good year for BlackBerry

This is a final question I have to those who left remarks like the ones you saw on the screen caps. Do you still hold the belief of 720P>1080P, Quad cores are unnecessary etc?
    Because if blackberry doesn't follow the trend they'll die. They were attempting to stray away from the "trend" for so long that they took a nose dive.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-16-14 08:55 PM
    Why are we not furious?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I say, "ABOUT F-CKING TIME!"
    WTH took them so long, I don't care if it needs it or not, I want it and I can afford it, heck I will be the 1st online to get it. So please BlackBerry, continue to give me the top specs available in the market, thank you!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:57 AM
    I love you, OP. Seriously, I want you in my life.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-25-14 01:36 AM
    It all depends how it gets utilized if I had a phone with 4 GB of ram and the operating system used yp 3.5. Then it's not a really good device

Posted via CB10
    Reminds me of my old 9900 which had 786 MB RAM where 500+ RAM used by os itself.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    08-25-14 02:35 AM
219 ... 789