Just curious why you'd use WAP skin (or WAP3 skin) vs the Forum default standard CB style when viewing Forums? Enlighten me please.
    10-26-08 09:36 AM
    Wap loads faster than the default for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 09:41 AM
    I think the OP means when you are on your PC. Not sure there unless you just like the look of it.....

10-26-08 09:42 AM
    Ahhhh... I'm going to try WAP then - if it is a load issue - sometimes the forums take a while to load. Thanks for the feedback and tips!
    10-26-08 09:49 AM
    Ahhhh... I'm going to try WAP then - if it is a load issue - sometimes the forums take a while to load. Thanks for the feedback and tips!
    The WAP theme is for using the WAP forums on your phone.
    10-26-08 12:08 PM
    The WAP theme is for using the WAP forums on your phone.
    Yes, and much easier to read.
    10-26-08 12:59 PM
    The wap site is only meant for phones because there are less images and makes the site more mobile friendly.

10-26-08 01:02 PM
    Here are the best settings for your browser on your device, try them and see:
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

10-26-08 01:21 PM
    I view CB 90% of the time from my phone, thus the reason I use WAP

10-26-08 03:09 PM
    Ok Exelant - I just reset all my browser settings. I'll let you know how it goes - initially, I got an error "the server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill your request: Connection Times Out". But, it seems to have saved the configuration.
    11-02-08 07:05 PM
    I never use my laptop anymore.. I switch between opera and the native BB browser. In opera I view CB as a regular web page.
    11-02-08 08:37 PM
    I always use the cb launcher and view in wap on my phone. It loads soooo much faster than the regular site. Even with opera.

11-02-08 09:03 PM
    I use both PC and WAP. I like WAP better, I always have CB with me

11-02-08 10:09 PM
    I know I am in the minority on this one but the wap site is
    anything but "mobile friendly". I'd rather have a root canal on
    all of my teeth at once than use it. less than 5% of my activity
    here is through wap.
    11-02-08 10:10 PM
    I use the wap site when on my bb, which is 90% of my crackberry usage. I also use it on my laptop when I need to have one browser window open for a business site I use which is set to auto-refresh so that I can see any changes instantly, and another window to read CrackBerry forums.

The regular crackberry site has to be viewed in at least 1024x768 or it causes horizontal scrolling in the forums...a big pain when reading posts. It should be a simple change to have the posts wrap to whatever the screen size is. Man, I wish they would change the layout so I didn't have to use wap when viewing crackberry in a window. Either that or they maybe they could add "subscribe" and "multi-quote" to the wap.

But, I'm not complaining too hard. It's still the best Blackberry forum out there.
    11-02-08 11:01 PM
    You should be good, PPony. It does work even better with 4.5.

11-02-08 11:17 PM
    I love the wap site for CB. It's so easy to read and use!
    11-03-08 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD