I want the belt, i want BB10 Torch slider!

When will folks at helm listen!!????

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:09 AM
    Haha! Trackballs FTW!
    For what it's worth, i've had 2 trackballs fail, but the click wheel... never failed, maybe we should bring that up to bb! haha

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-27-14 08:11 AM
    I just asked about clarification on the screen size, and instead of answering, you say, ^^^ that.

I won't even put forward an opinion on the possibilities, but I'll spell it out for the 'public' if you don't want to go on the record.

What would the pixel resolution of this screen be? The current Q10 screen at 3.1" diagonally is 2.25 inches high and wide, at a resolution of 720 px by 720 px. It's a square.

1) Maintaining that width, if you're suggesting a 1280 x 720 screen, the screen would be about the same size as the Z10 screen (4" tall) and the touch sensitive bezel and keyboard would be below the screen. That screen is 1.75 inches longer than the current Q10 screen. Either you're suggesting the "space that could be used for the screen" is less than 1.75 inches, or this device will at least 6 inches long without the Belt. The belt will not be 1.75 inches high.

2) Or, you're suggesting a resolution other than 1280 high... introducing a new resolution like 960 x 720 or 800 x 720.

3) Or suggesting the 1280 high resolution, but reducing the width of the screen so that the longer vertical resolution fits into the same space as the current screen the 1 cm saved by leaving off the Belt.

So, sorry, I can't figure it out.

Logical responses are: 1) silence, 2) "mea culpa, leaving the Belt off doesn't actually 'save space for the screen'", and 3) some kind of defensive angry rant. (I'd go with 1)
    I never suggested anything. I said that the posters point I quoted was that removing the belt could increase screen size. That was it. Dont know why you feel the need to call me out personally.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:03 AM
    I want the belt, i want BB10 Torch slider!

When will folks at helm listen!!????

Posted via CB10
    Really? So would you rather have a fat Z10 with a slider keyboard or a thin Q with a 4.1 inch screen and no belt or a Q20.

I would vote for the Q with no belt and a screen that was 4.1 inches. A big screen Q negates the need for the slider.
    02-27-14 11:14 AM
    I just asked about clarification on the screen size, and instead of answering, you say, ^^^ that.

I won't even put forward an opinion on the possibilities, but I'll spell it out for the 'public' if you don't want to go on the record.

What would the pixel resolution of this screen be? The current Q10 screen at 3.1" diagonally is 2.25 inches high and wide, at a resolution of 720 px by 720 px. It's a square.

1) Maintaining that width, if you're suggesting a 1280 x 720 screen, the screen would be about the same size as the Z10 screen (4" tall) and the touch sensitive bezel and keyboard would be below the screen. That screen is 1.75 inches longer than the current Q10 screen. Either you're suggesting the "space that could be used for the screen" is less than 1.75 inches, or this device will at least 6 inches long without the Belt. The belt will not be 1.75 inches high.

2) Or, you're suggesting a resolution other than 1280 high... introducing a new resolution like 960 x 720 or 800 x 720.

3) Or suggesting the 1280 high resolution, but reducing the width of the screen so that the longer vertical resolution fits into the same space as the current screen the 1 cm saved by leaving off the Belt.

So, sorry, I can't figure it out.

Logical responses are: 1) silence, 2) "mea culpa, leaving the Belt off doesn't actually 'save space for the screen'", and 3) some kind of defensive angry rant. (I'd go with 1)
    Why the Trackpad (Belt) hate?-2307890-anchorman-well-escalated-quickly_super.jpg
    02-27-14 02:14 PM
    I never suggested anything. I said that the posters point I quoted was that removing the belt could increase screen size. That was it. Dont know why you feel the need to call me out personally.
    Well, the suggestion that not having the Belt means the screen size could be bigger is illogical, and simply doesn't make sense at all, unless they FCC has issued binding legislation limiting how tall or wide mobile devices could be and of course that is not the case, or that BlackBerry insisted that the dimensions of the Q20 "must" for some reason be limited, and they have not said that and are unlikely to.

Typically posters quote and clarify as a form of agreement with what is being quoted, but I now understand you were just clarifying for another reader and did not state agreement with the quoted passage. I jumped to conclusions and I apologise.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 02-27-14 at 10:13 PM.
    02-27-14 10:00 PM
    I would vote for the Q with no belt and a screen that was 4.1 inches. A big screen Q negates the need for the slider.
    a big square screen is still square, and for most content consumption and creation (except Instagram pics) a 16x9 would be more popular, thinness be darned.
    02-27-14 10:18 PM
    a big square screen is still square, and for most content consumption and creation (except Instagram pics) a 16x9 would be more popular, thinness be darned.
    Then a slider it is. Makes me wonder why they would make a beltless Qwerty if it is not a slider.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-27-14 11:16 PM
    The only reason why blackberry didn't do well was because marketing issues

Posted via WHT Q10
    03-02-14 12:51 PM
    Definitely hearing a lot of trackbelt hate

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:56 PM
    Or just a little dislike

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 01:56 PM
    I'd rather have a pin point stylus instead of the belt which adds more internal hardware and eats up screen real estate.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-02-14 02:00 PM
    The only reason why blackberry didn't do well was because marketing issues

Posted via WHT Q10
    Hardly the only reason. Many reasons why BB flopped in the market place.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-02-14 02:44 PM
    I would suspect that the dedicated talk and end buttons would be a hit, especially if they added digital ink to the surface so you can change the graphic and text on them...

Track pad has merits, but a finger print reader would be way more ideal, if it happened to capable of being used as a Track pad then great... so long as they are definable

I am very excited about having dedicated phone use buttons back... very excited actually....

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:55 PM
    Might as well bring back the Bold line.
    In light of statements made at the financial results call... EEERIE!
    04-05-14 05:42 PM
340 ... 121314