06-12-16 12:52 AM
154 ... 567
tools
    Let me see if I understand your argument by analogy. Commercial pilots start learning to fly in light airplanes, little 2 seat aircraft. They do that so that they can fly wide-body jets that carry 400 passengers. But flying wide-body jets and 2 seat aircraft have nothing to do each other, so they are wasting their time, it is the 'physical form' that is important. Flying little airplanes just "'doesn't hold water".
    Oh my god. No that's not what I'm saying at all. I can't go back and forth with you. I'm not going back and forth with you anymore. You win. Typing on a flat computer keyboard with 10 fingers is the exact same as typing on a phone keyboard and therefor pkb wins. There. We are done.
    06-12-16 12:27 AM
    Sure, that's impressive if the error count is low. But it does then raise the question of how much practise is required to compensate for deficiencies in the interface? So practise becomes another parameter that needs investigating and indeed there are people looking at that too. (no I don't have the citations off the top of my head; yes I've seen the papers, yes they are out there)
    Possibly practice, patience, talent and even stupidity. For most people it is just plain every day use. When you use a tool often you will get better at it. Some will excel and some will meet some base level of proficiency that they are happy with.

There is probably a video or other record out there of a BlackBerry owner typing equally as fast an error free. It doesn't really matter except that very possibly there might not be any PKB to use if BlackBerry pulls out or at least not any good phones. So enjoy your BlackBerry and hope that the new Rome has a good keyboard

Posted via CB10
    georgeeipi likes this.
    06-12-16 12:36 AM
    Oh my god. No that's not what I'm saying at all. I can't go back and forth with you. I'm not going back and forth with you anymore. You win. Typing on a flat computer keyboard with 10 fingers is the exact same as typing on a phone keyboard and therefor pkb wins. There. We are done.
    OMG, I'm not saying they are "exactly the same", but you are saying they are "completely" different. I can't continue to go back and forth with you, you win, they are Completely different. There. We are done.
    skstrials likes this.
    06-12-16 12:40 AM
    This thread, like its argument, is going nowhere.
    06-12-16 12:52 AM
154 ... 567