does anybody know weather or not there is a blackberry magazine out i saw one for the iphone i think that would be so cool tell me what you think
    02-02-09 12:25 AM
    A little while ago some company was polling users here about that exact issue as they were thinking about launching a BB magazine, how far that got I have no idea.

But, the response they got was great with many users saying they would indeed sign up/read the magazine.
    02-02-09 12:28 AM
    Market share. The BB commands less than 20% of the worldwide
    smartphone market, making it a niche device. Not exactly a
    profitable proposition for mainstream publishers.
    02-02-09 12:41 AM
    Market share. The BB commands less than 20% of the worldwide
    smartphone market, making it a niche device. Not exactly a
    profitable proposition for mainstream publishers.
    Good reasoning for people who are actually looking to make profit, but why none for those not really interested in profit..

see: World's Most Bizarre Magazines - Oddee.com (strange magazines, funny mags...) <-- if they can make magazines, their is NO reason someone could not do the same for BB's aside from that, sponsorship of such a magazine could quite easily be obtained through advertising. Although, chances are the result would be more ad's then content.
    02-02-09 01:00 AM
    i dont think oprah would say she does her magazines for profit but for information out of all the bb web sites that are out there i am sure there enough info to carry a bb magazine if only 3 or 4 year a month just a thought
    Last edited by berryboy1967; 02-02-09 at 02:15 AM.
    02-02-09 01:13 AM
    How about a CrackBerry magazine? No really! They would attract the broad market!
    02-02-09 01:22 AM
    Why waste the money on printing and advertising, we communicate electronically anyway!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 02:21 AM
    Co-sight the last post.
    Plus by the time magazine gets out - most news are already old. As you have read about it online 20 days ago.

02-02-09 02:31 AM
    e-zines are the new black...
    02-02-09 03:05 AM
    A Blackberry magazine would be like most of the consumer market computer magazines. Ads, a few columns, a feature on new Blackberries, an interview or two with the Who's Who in the BB, Telecom world, and the 101 tips and tricks section that gets repeated at least 3 times a year.

On top of that by the time you get the magazine, the "news" part of it will be 3 to 6 weeks old. And any offers or special deals, will more than likely have expired before you even read about them. But on the plus side, they would be good reference material for many people.
    02-02-09 03:37 AM
    Crackberry.com is the next best thing to a BB maganize, BUT if there was one I would subscribe.

PS After seeing that website posted above I think I'm gonna sign up for Drunkard.

EDIT: ROFL I just found out our firewall filters/blocks the Modern Drunkard site. Someone must have tried to go there before me.
    Last edited by pkcable; 02-02-09 at 08:23 AM.
    02-02-09 08:20 AM
    As someone who went through a period of buying mobile phone mags every month a few years back, I can honestly say that a lot of them are a waste of money - since half of the magazines were taken up with buyer guides which didn't change. As for smartphone mags, they suffer from the same problems as any other gadget mag - I cannot tell you how many times I've picked up one which claims to have an in depth look at the latest mobile, only to have two paragraphs and a big pic of the phone. One UK mag had an item on their idea of the N97 - unfortunately it came out two weeks after the official announcement.

The iPhone can have a magazine, since they can get the iPod crowd picking it up as well. As for a BlackBerry magazine, I'd be interested in one, as long as it had the right features. If a publishing company felt like a trial, how about doing a RIM sanctioned quarterly mag with a 128-256mb memory card thrown in with the latest free apps and trials on it along with essentials.
    02-02-09 09:18 AM
    I would buy a BB mag !

02-02-09 10:09 AM
    I would buy (sub) to one as well hope it have some humor....

02-02-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD