Wow a month later nothing still. I could have hired two monkey bbm would have been out by now.
    10-11-13 09:39 AM
    Monkey at work why is it taking so long to get bbm on the other platform-monkey_computer111.jpg

Blackberry at work why is it taking so long to get bbm on the other platform-untitled.png
    10-11-13 09:43 AM
    Another reason why blackberry has been hit with lawsuits.

Holding back on their most valuable asset so insiders can buy the company cheap before bbm4all potentially can be realized. Screwing shareholders again and again

Posted via CB10
    Gunner24 likes this.
    10-11-13 09:55 AM
    I've watched BlackBerry for a very long time. And from watching the release of the STORM and hoping that it was only a software problem that they could tweak that could make my STORM work for more than a day without a Battery Pull. From the release of the PlayBook and it taking them 9 months to get EMAIL on a BlackBerry device? From the promised release of the new OS being delayed, and delayed and delayed.... From the finial release of BB10 back in March (May for me) with random rebooting and a number of beta time problems.

The simple truth is BlackBerry has never been very good at software coding or keeping a time table. Not sure when BB started "playing" with BBM on other platforms, but it was a pretty quick turn around from when they announced it....
    10-11-13 10:55 AM
    You know i think this thread has been made 4 dozen times? and guess what, nothing has changed, we dont know the answer, only blackberry does. And untill they release some info then we still know nothing and your thread is pointless just like the other 4 dozen.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-11-13 11:04 AM
    A sane blackberry ceo would cancel bbm on android and apple. Its a suicide, very stupid plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:07 AM
    It's all speculation, but...

- they don't have enough engineers
    - it's not an immediate source of revenue, so they've chosen to prioritize elsewhere
    - disgruntled employee sabotaged the entire operation
    vrud and JeepBB like this.
    10-11-13 11:15 AM
    You know i think this thread has been made 4 dozen times? and guess what, nothing has changed, we dont know the answer, only blackberry does. And untill they release some info then we still know nothing and your thread is pointless just like the other 4 dozen.
    I think your post has been made 4Dozen -1 times.
    So why don't you take your own advice and keep it trucking?
    1magine, techvisor, JeepBB and 7 others like this.
    10-11-13 11:16 AM
    In the deepest recesses of the internet. There is a rumor that it might be ready today. Personally, I don't buy it. But it is out there.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    10-11-13 11:28 AM
    I think your post has been made 4Dozen -1 times.
    So why don't you take your own advice and keep it trucking?
    And your response to my response has been made 4dozen -times. So why don't you take my advice and keep it trucking?
    10-11-13 12:38 PM
    Can't release it. Have 100 million downloads the first week. Then give the company away to Fairfax.

Only after the sale to Fairfax can you release it without having shareholders blow a gasket.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 02:35 PM
    One of two reasons.

1. General incompetence.
    2. A conspiracy to keep the stock price low.

I opt for number 1 since it seems to be a running theme the past few years.
    techvisor, xandermac and richardat like this.
    10-11-13 09:27 PM
    BBM team

why is it taking so long to get bbm on the other platform-monkey_news.jpg
    jason9900 and Rickroller like this.
    10-11-13 09:35 PM
    BBM team

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monkey_news.jpg 
Views:	1555 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	209940
    Did Thorsten get a new haircut?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-13 02:09 AM
    One of two reasons.

1. General incompetence.
    2. A conspiracy to keep the stock price low.

I opt for number 1 since it seems to be a running theme the past few years.
    Blackberry is always, always late, and it's products are never quite ready at launch. They don't have the ability to be able to do this on purpose!
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-12-13 02:19 AM
    Not much effort for BlackBerry PR department to keep the market informed of the developments. They are not private yet so they should stop acting like it.
    10-12-13 02:31 AM
    Is there a Facebook page where users can rant on BlackBerry like they did against Rogers do they can get what they want? It's time to stop babying BlackBerry Management and bomb their FB page with complaints.
    10-12-13 02:34 AM
    Not much effort for BlackBerry PR department to keep the market informed of the developments. They are not private yet so they should stop acting like it.
    Whilst I agree that BB PR are living down to their usual standards... I'd ask the question of what could they possibly say that would improve on their silence?

They could say xBBM is coming soon... cue general ridicule.
    They could say xBBM is on-hold pending sale... cue angry posts about missing the boat.
    They could say xBBM is cancelled... cue angry posts about BB's continued inability to execute on, well, anything!

So, just maybe, BB silence is their best possible response.

For me, I reckon they've cancelled it. The "android leak" excuse was always that... an excuse and a crock.

In the situation BB are in, there's no possible upside to releasing xBBM... yeah, they'd make a few Apple/Android buyers happy to have yet another messaging app to play with, but as xBBM isn't monetised, what would BB gain that would be worth the pain (costs) of releasing?
    10-12-13 09:01 AM
    Whilst I agree that BB PR are living down to their usual standards... I'd ask the question of what could they possibly say that would improve on their silence?

They could say xBBM is on-hold pending sale... cue angry posts about missing the boat.
    They could say xBBM is cancelled... cue angry posts about BB's continued inability to execute on, well, anything!

For me, I reckon they've cancelled it. The "android leak" excuse was always that... an excuse and a crock.

In the situation BB are in, there's no possible upside to releasing xBBM... yeah, they'd make a few Apple/Android buyers happy to have yet another messaging app to play with, but as xBBM isn't monetised, what would BB gain that would be worth the pain (costs) of releasing?
    Maybe the Fairfax deal depends on them not releasing it then?
    10-12-13 09:03 AM
    Maybe the Fairfax deal depends on them not releasing it then?
    Pure speculation on my part obviously, but I doubt there is anything specific re:xBBM in the Fairfax deal.

Though I take your point. BB might be delaying any release as part of a general "don't initiate or take any action that might impose continuing costs on a future buyer" strategy. As evidence of that general deck-clearing strategy, I'll cite the several long-running legal actions over patent infringement that have recently been brought to a sudden settlement by BB.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-12-13 09:14 AM
    Pure speculation on my part obviously, but I doubt there is anything specific re:xBBM in the Fairfax deal.

Though I take your point. BB might be delaying any release as part of a general "don't initiate or take any action that might impose continuing costs on a future buyer" strategy. As evidence of that general deck-clearing strategy, I'll cite the several long-running legal actions over patent infringement that have recently been brought to a sudden settlement by BB.
    Buyers always price in uncertainty and reduce the price as a result.
    10-12-13 09:29 AM
    Buyers always price in uncertainty and reduce the price as a result.
    I reckon we're in agreement actually.

BB are doing whatever they can to minimise uncertainty by reducing/eliminating any on-going costs for a potential buyer... hence that potential buyer has greater certainty of future costs and less reason to reduce the price.

xBBM and the patent lawsuits are but a part of that "uncertainty reduction" strategy.
    10-12-13 09:37 AM

or maybe, them saying nothing, as a communicatons company not communicating actually really hurts them.

The `be quiet` theory worked for a week, but you cant play that card for too long before people start to question it.

Also in the `soon` I guess is channels? beta came out in MAY!! that's like 5 months ago!
    10-12-13 09:38 AM
    or maybe, them saying nothing, as a communicatons company not communicating actually really hurts them.

The `be quiet` theory worked for a week, but you cant play that card for too long before people start to question it.

Also in the `soon` I guess is channels? beta came out in MAY!! that's like 5 months ago!
    Again, I agree.

My point isn't that "Silence" is a winning communications message (it isn't ), but that nothing else they could say would be any better.

I'm feeling (almost) sorry for BB PR as I think they are between a rock and a hard place.
    10-12-13 09:44 AM
    Is there a Facebook page where users can rant on BlackBerry like they did against Rogers do they can get what they want? It's time to stop babying BlackBerry Management and bomb their FB page with complaints.
    You can tweet @BBM and @BlackBerry.

Just don't tweet @Rogers, that belongs to some poor Aussie who felt the wrath of ten thousand Canadians when the cellular network went down for a day.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-12-13 09:47 AM
42 12