Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 12:38 AM
    Why build dual SIM versions of these phones when people who want these brands so badly in their pocket would be willing to buy two of such devices? Mo' profit.

For some phones, you can buy dual SIM conversion kits, like for the Z10.
    11-14-16 12:51 AM
    Because BB sells software for virtual SIM's lol. Why would they want to sell you a device with dual-SIM's when they can charge more for software? They literally bought another company to offer it.
    11-14-16 12:52 AM
    Because BB sells software for virtual SIM's lol. Why would they want to sell you a device with dual-SIM's when they can charge more for software? They literally bought another company to offer it.
    The software still isn't easily available to the average consumer.
    For example in India, it's only tied to one service provider which is not even the top 3 afaik.
    It would have been better if it was more freely available let's say

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-14-16 01:54 AM
    If you're looking to buy a new iphone the allure of a dual sim to take advantage of cheaper rates probably doesn't mean as much. Mercedes owners aren't always looking for the cheapest gas.
    11-14-16 03:18 AM
    How do I get this software and how much does it cost?
    11-14-16 05:19 AM
    Because Apple and BlackBerry are organized along elitist 'we know what's best for the little people' lines, while Android allows a bit more flexibility for vendors to be responsive to consumer's requirements.
    11-14-16 07:37 AM

And it is hideously difficult and expensive to get set up and use ... I haven't heard of any company that uses it, and no individuals. Maybe they have a few dozen customers lol
    11-14-16 07:37 AM
    My guess is that there is also a desire to keep devices extra slim and have more features. Most new phone releases are showboating how thin their phone is and what great specs and features they have. Adding an extra SIM slot takes up valuable real estate within the phone and to be honest, how many users are demanding this or would use it? I don't think the demand is there. Users are demanding features and thinness. So that prevails
    11-14-16 10:09 AM
    I could use it in an iphone
    11-14-16 10:17 AM
    As far as I know dual SIMs are only popular outside of North America. Apple doesn't need to care yet.

While BlackBerry could have setup the DTEK50/60 as a dual SIM phone, it would jeopardize the SD slot, which is more useful.
    anon(3641385) and rthonpm like this.
    11-14-16 10:19 AM
    Most US smartphone users don't ever access their SIM cards when you get your phone from the carrier. I can't even tell you for sure what kind mind has.
    11-14-16 10:29 AM
    As far as I know dual SIMs are only popular outside of North America. Apple doesn't need to care yet.

While BlackBerry could have setup the DTEK50/60 as a dual SIM phone, it would jeopardize the SD slot, which is more useful.
    They could have build 2 sims and sd slot
    11-14-16 10:48 AM
    They could have build 2 sims and sd slot
    How many phones out now have that?
    11-14-16 10:52 AM
    How many phones out now have that?
    Don't know exactly probably a couple. All in android land.
    11-14-16 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry cannot afford to offer custom builds - their volume is low enough as it is.
    As for Apple, I believe that post #5 is the most likely answer.
    11-14-16 02:23 PM
    The software still isn't easily available to the average consumer.
    BlackBerry stopped chasing the average consumer long ago. And soon BlackBerry will be able to offer up to 9 SIM's through their software in India.
    11-14-16 04:30 PM
    And it is hideously difficult and expensive to get set up and use ... I haven't heard of any company that uses it, and no individuals. Maybe they have a few dozen customers lol
    Uh, that's the point lol. It's not meant for individuals. It's meant for carriers to roll out as part of their business offerings and BlackBerry to make bank off of.
    11-14-16 04:34 PM
    BlackBerry stopped chasing the average consumer long ago. And soon BlackBerry will be able to offer up to 9 SIM's through their software in India.
    That's cool

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-14-16 10:27 PM
    If you're looking to buy a new iphone the allure of a dual sim to take advantage of cheaper rates probably doesn't mean as much. Mercedes owners aren't always looking for the cheapest gas.
    That's because it won't run on cheaper gas! 92 or above only.

Carry on.....
    11-15-16 01:27 AM
    Second SIM card is unnecessary because of BlackBerry Balance.
    11-15-16 11:30 AM
    AFIK, the Oneplus 3 is the only flagship-grade device in North America that does offer dual sim capability. I almost went for it myself, to be able to ditch one device. I specifically only need to keep the phone lines separate -- business and personal, so the lack of data on line 2 wouldn't have been an issue. However, I couldn't survive with just the 64GB storage it offers, so I'm still carrying 2 devices.
    11-15-16 11:50 AM
    Till date,Blackberry has not produced any phone having dual SIM feature....hmm
    11-15-16 02:54 PM
    Blaze!..heard this offer up to 9 Virtual SIM's in BlackBerry a year ago but never surfaced again about this...any tentative ETA?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    11-15-16 03:08 PM
    Blaze!..heard this offer up to 9 Virtual SIM's in BlackBerry a year ago but never surfaced again about this...any tentative ETA?
    BB will exit the smartphone business in about 4 month, with their last device (Mercury) already having been announced, so it would be up to an OEM manufacturer to choose to license (and pay for) the technology. If no one does, you may never see the technology actually available in a device.
    11-15-16 06:21 PM
37 12