Most of them just believe the stupid, biased corporate media and say BB is dead, as well that ios and android are better. Others think it's old, like outdated, and won't even get BBM because of that :O! Others follow what's currently "hot" and "popular" and that would be iPhones and galaxys. And I think that might be it, I'm not sure because I just woke up and for some felt like making this thread LOL.

Sidenote: if you want people to like BB and be their consumers then show them how and why it's amazing and why they'll like it. Don't do it in a you're trying to hard, forcing it or like you're trying to get them to like it because you'll get something out of it way.

Besides that I'm really influential, I've gotten a lot of people interested in BB (including BBM), some new consumers and change their views on BB from negative to positive, and some are going to be BB consumers soon. How did I do it? By showing them the things on BB that I know they will be impressed and really like. Once they have been sold, in a casual and good way, I tell them something like, the only thing that since its a new OS some apps are not there yet but most are, and ill list all the ones that are there that I know they use, and then tell them, if one you like isn't there yet you know it will come eventually and in the mean time you can add the android version, isn't that awesome? And I make it seem like its so cool how you can put BB apps AND android apps on a phone.
    11-20-13 03:11 AM
    Hello and welcome. Its not easy to convince people to get a blackberry. They think they are too complicated. But it's their loss right? So your part and maybe someone will switch.
    11-20-13 04:48 AM
    Its got to do to brain evolution , older generations are smarter period.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    toneytone and Spencerdl like this.
    11-20-13 08:24 AM

I think it has a lot to do with attention spans and expectations based on the environment during upbringing.

For example, someone in their teens in the 60's came from a follow your heart environment. As a result they would be more passionate and dedicated to a cause.

Someone in their teens in the '10s, came from a Google driven, everything st your fingertips mentality.

Group A would be more likely to be patient and grow with a company.

Group B would be more likely to abandon a company when times are tough for a better solution at the time.

Just different mentalities, but it has a large impact on blackberry. Especially when you consider group B is unlikely to change back until they hit a solution barrier.

In my opinion, mind you.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-20-13 08:30 AM
    I think BBM will be the gateway for the younger crowd to connect to the BlackBerry brand, ONLY once they get the full functions (video calls etc.) working cross-platform and better integrated with social media. It's critical that BlackBerry get this done asap...they also need this to show that there is a new revenue model via channels, which will in turn convince the stock market that there is future growth potential for BBRY, and therefore not going bk.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 09:03 AM
    There's a BB for everyone - funky pink 9720s for under 20s, sensible 9790s and 9900s for people over 40, and OS 10 devices for people of all ages who love new tech. Touch screen, keyboard and hybrid. So much choice, compared to an iPhone where you can have the S version or the C version which has a different case and costs $20 less lol.
    11-20-13 01:51 PM
    There is lots of choice, that is true. How to access this choice is part of the problem. I think that all of their phones should be available unlocked on BlackBerry's website. The carriers often don't have much for variety.

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper likes this.
    11-20-13 06:22 PM
    Hello and welcome. Its not easy to convince people to get a blackberry. They think they are too complicated. But it's their loss right? So your part and maybe someone will switch.
    No, its Blackberry's loss.
    GSM-S and waker like this.
    11-20-13 06:51 PM
    I got 3 of my friends to switch to bb10. Hopefully with the improvement of the OS even more will follow!

Posted via CB10
    srzjumper and Sexy Sadie like this.
    11-20-13 07:06 PM

You're kidding right? It's been noted that IQ has been rising steadily among younger generations. There are of course many factors to account for this phenomenon. I personally attribute it to better diet and fewer infectious diseases as the world modernizes. Think about it for a minute.... when you were 5 years old, did you know how to use a computer or were you still learning the alphabet song?
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-21-13 04:07 AM
    You're kidding right? It's been noted that IQ has been rising steadily among younger generations. There are of course many factors to account for this phenomenon. I personally attribute it to better diet and fewer infectious diseases as the world modernizes. Think about it for a minute.... when you were 5 years old, did you know how to use a computer or were you still learning the alphabet song?
    Do 5 year olds know how to milk a cow or chop wood for a fireplace? They're not smarter they just adapted to their world (computers, televisions, video games etc.)

As for "it's been noted", well that too can be a little tricky. New methods of identifying intelligence or a different guage of intelligence might explain this. No way to test as these methods may not have been around back then.

Kids are also getting a lot more information than they used to from a lot more sources. This could explain the percieved intelligence.

Tim

Posted via CB10 app on my Q10
    shaleem likes this.
    11-21-13 07:13 AM
    You're 18-21 years old friends are too young for Blackberry. Blackberry is for serious, mature professionals who need to get things done. Not young people that like to have fun with their devices. Tell them to stick to the "cool" devices like the iPhone or GS4.

On a serious note, a lot of this perception was created by blackberry users who touted it as a platform for people who needs to get done and "kids" use iPhones and turned their nose up smugly to anyone who dared wanted a device that had apps. No wonder younger age groups have this view towards blackberry. Bed made. Now lay in it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-21-13 09:33 AM

Not so sure about that...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:37 AM
    You're 18-21 years old friends are too young for Blackberry. Blackberry is for serious, mature professionals who need to get things done. Not young people that like to have fun with their devices. Tell them to stick to the "cool" devices like the iPhone or GS4.

On a serious note, a lot of this perception was created by blackberry users who touted it as a platform for people who needs to get done and "kids" use iPhones and turned their nose up smugly to anyone who dared wanted a device that had apps. No wonder younger age groups have this view towards blackberry. Bed made. Now lay in it.
    This view about BlackBerry has been layed down by the media... even adults believe it's dead... I'm 21... received my first BlackBerry the BlackBerry Z10 at 20 switched from iPhone 4s.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:40 AM
    You're kidding right? It's been noted that IQ has been rising steadily among younger generations.
    IQ measure intelligence. Intelligent and smart are /not/ the the same thing. I have a high IQ but make stupid (not smart) decisions all the time. The last intelligent decision I made was to buy a BlackBerry Z10 but it might prove not to be the smartest decision. The jury remains deadlocked. :smile:

Edit: the word 'not' was removed from my original message. Bad CrackBerry. LOL
    Last edited by qwerty4ever; 11-22-13 at 03:39 PM.
    Spencerdl, kbz1960 and jfguay2 like this.
    11-21-13 09:41 AM
    I say 2014 is make or break year of BB in terms of hardware. With the rumored releases of the next Z and Q devices, it will interesting to see what consumers will do
    11-21-13 09:48 AM
    This view about BlackBerry has been layed down by the media... even adults believe it's dead... I'm 21... received my first BlackBerry the BlackBerry Z10 at 20 switched from iPhone 4s.

Posted via CB10
    That view of Blackberry was designed and advertised by Blackberry many years ago. Quit blaming the media.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    11-21-13 09:52 AM
    I say 2014 is make or break year of BB in terms of hardware. With the rumored releases of the next Z and Q devices, it will interesting to see what consumers will do
    Why would you expect anything to be different? Serious question.
    11-21-13 09:53 AM
    That view of Blackberry was designed and advertised by Blackberry many years ago. Quit blaming the media.
    BlackBerry advertised were bankrupt and shutting down? Wow lol

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:56 AM
    Why doesn't bbry stop all this they are going out of business? They can't?
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-21-13 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry advertised were bankrupt and shutting down? Wow lol

Posted via CB10
    No, Blackberry advertised and designed their devices for "business people" (tools not toys). You can deflect blame all you want if it makes you feel better but its not true. You just recently came to Blackberry and know little of their past.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-21-13 10:05 AM
    There's a BB for everyone - funky pink 9720s for under 20s, sensible 9790s and 9900s for people over 40, and OS 10 devices for people of all ages who love new tech. Touch screen, keyboard and hybrid. So much choice, compared to an iPhone where you can have the S version or the C version which has a different case and costs $20 less lol.
    Sorry ... No one who doesn't already owns a BBOS device would want a new one ( here in North America) and even then they are few and far between. You could leave a funky pink 9720 on a table at a food fair in the mall and it would be handed over to the cleaning lady.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-21-13 10:30 AM
    No, Blackberry advertised and designed their devices for "business people" (tools not toys). You can deflect blame all you want if it makes you feel better but its not true. You just recently came to Blackberry and know little of their past.
    Because I look forward. You can learn from the past but you can't hang on to it...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 11:39 AM
    Because I look forward. You can learn from the past but you can't hang on to it...

Posted via CB10
    But we're talking about the worlds view, not yours. They need to convince many people (they have a 1.5% market share) that they are not the old Blackberry. People saw them stand by and do nothing while Android and Apple "looked forward". They entered this market already behind. It will be a difficult road.
    scorpiodsu and Dirtymike14 like this.
    11-21-13 11:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hasn't just been the media. I was a blackberry user was make since the 8700 series so I know what Blackberry's own user thought of the brand and themselves. Can't blame everything on the media. The users tried so hard to create a certain perception which was ok then. But now it's come back to bite them in the **** and it's difficult to reverse that course especially when the media is piling on.
    11-21-13 12:21 PM
39 12