I think this US delay is BlackBerry's doing. Canada and Europe are stronger markets, release it there, sell it out, create hype and launch it in the US almost another month later riding that hype.
    01-30-13 05:18 PM
    I think this US delay is BlackBerry's doing. Canada and Europe are stronger markets, release it there, sell it out, create hype and launch it in the US almost another month later riding that hype.
    why on Earth would they follow that plan?
    why not release at the same time, sell out in EU and still sell in US?
    01-30-13 05:21 PM
    ^Exactly, they don't lose anything by selling them here tomorrow.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-30-13 05:24 PM
    Bullocks!
    01-30-13 05:27 PM
    Canada gets it first because were awesome... why would you and all your company move from blackberry's to iphones, when iphone still doesnt even support flash and doesnt have NFC if your company is stupid enough to leave blackberry and buy iphones your loss. plus you can do everything and more with a blackberry then an iphone5 i'd say iphone5s will be a compitetion for the z10 or q10...
    DPanacci likes this.
    01-30-13 05:29 PM
    it is amazing to see some of these posts. Blackberry has a device and it is ready to be launched its is available in some markets it went to the carriers at the same time. if canada can launch then the US probably could too but they are not. So just deal with it. nothing you say here makes a difference to anyone.
    01-30-13 05:40 PM
    I'm irked to say the least. I could have dealt with maybe waiting until mid-February for the Z10 to go on sale in the US, but March seems to be a bit fishy. Let's look at the lack of any acknowledgement of BB10 on any of the major US carrier websites until TODAY. That too seems a bit fishy considering carriers in other countries have been teasing BB10 and even taking preorders for it. It almost appears as if the major US carriers are trying to sabotage BlackBerry in the US to the point that BlackBerry users when it comes time to get a new phone opt for Android or the iPhone. We've all read the threads here in which sales staffs at these cell phone stores have told outright lies of BlackBerry is in bankruptcy, out of business, stopped making devices, etc. in order to get customers to buy a competing product. Perhaps it's because BlackBerry is a foreign company while Apple and Google (who licenses Android to manufacturers) are American companies......
    rottonj likes this.
    01-30-13 05:44 PM
    As a former Blackberry user, I've been watching and reading all these threads today. It seems that the diehard fans are starting to lash out and get really defensive. I've noticed the majority of threads and comments are less than positive. Telling US customers to shut up and wait a few months and deal with it, doesn't make it seem like this approach is going to turn things around for blackberry. I saw some interesting things earlier, but I really didn't see much to convert Android or IOS users
    01-30-13 05:58 PM
    Simple,

it's because U.S. carriers take longer to quality test the products. We are very demanding when it comes to the things we love. Plus, carriers don't want dummies returning the phones for minor glitches that can be addressed with OS updates. Not all of us are technologically inclined.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2.
    01-30-13 06:06 PM
    My TLR take on the whole matter:

US cellular structure is all kinds of screwed up. Half of the major, regional, and value carriers are on a form of GSM while the other are on CDMA. To add to this, GSM carriers like T-Mobile and Cincinnati Bell use an oddball AWS frequency set and then there are at least three different LTE bands going about. So manufacturers gotta deal with both the FCC, as well as carriers (in more ways than one).
    01-30-13 06:07 PM
    Wonder where the lack of a CDMA dev reward device fits in this. It makes me wonder if BB did not in fact have enough phones built to launch worldwide so delayed US
    01-30-13 06:12 PM
    as i stated in another post ( http://forums.crackberry.com/general...period-765590/ ) Canadians are always waiting for products that Americas can get right away. this is nothing new to us. So you have to wait for this one, Deal with it lol this is usually the reality for us Canadians! Blackberry is a Canadian company and Canada and the UK have supported Blackberry unlike a lot of the US. Why wouldn't they hit them first with the z10?
    That might sound like the "fair" thing to do, but the thing here is: US is a struggling market for BlackBerry (I still have the urge to say RIM ). They can't afford a delay in the United States. And spend 3 million dollars on a Super Bowl commercial on a product that won't be available for 6 weeks is insane. Me? I will probably end up getting an unlocked CDMA Z10 from Canada. I can't wait.
    01-30-13 06:15 PM
    Simple,

it's because U.S. carriers take longer to quality test the products. We are very demanding when it comes to the things we love. Plus, carriers don't want dummies returning the phones for minor glitches that can be addressed with OS updates. Not all of us are technologically inclined.

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2.
    Wow! Hook line and sinker. Yea,,it takes months to do this.

Geesh...

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    01-30-13 06:16 PM
    As a former Blackberry user, I've been watching and reading all these threads today. It seems that the diehard fans are starting to lash out and get really defensive. I've noticed the majority of threads and comments are less than positive. Telling US customers to shut up and wait a few months and deal with it, doesn't make it seem like this approach is going to turn things around for blackberry. I saw some interesting things earlier, but I really didn't see much to convert Android or IOS users
    so the die hard fans are not from the US? shocking news, but thanks for the heads up.....well the good ole US has to wait for something so what? I just feel tht the carriers in the US are waiting to see if this phone does well in other markets before they jump on the wagon....my opinion and you know what they say about those
    01-30-13 06:46 PM
    Wow! Hook line and sinker. Yea,,it takes months to do this.

Geesh...

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    why havent the carriers released any statements blaming blackberry for the delay.
    they've been so quick to point out the blame at Blackberry in the past
    01-30-13 06:52 PM
    Do you honestly think that Blackberry is in any position to make people wait longer than they already have? The media is going to rip them apart for the delay and lackluster presentation, warranted or not. As much as you love them and their product, they are the ones that have to win over customers.
    01-30-13 06:59 PM
    Question: Was this a last minute audible from the US carriers? Is that why Thor performance was a lil awkward... Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 07:39 PM
67 123