I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the whole "blame the carriers" finger pointing. Why did they not get it to the US carriers earlier if they were going to take longer. Yes, BB has a worldwide audience, but they are losing the most market share here in the US, so they should have gotten there BB sh*t together and truly had a global launch. The software looks great, the hardware is so-so, but the continued delays really is not acceptable. If BB is going to use a 12-15 month life cycle, and the Q is not going to release for another 3 months, after the 3 month delay we they announced in September(?), makes me think: were they not going to build a qwerty at all?? I am a loyal BB user, my companies have 30+ of them, that I have no intentions of changing and every intentions of upgrading, but if it walks and talks like a duck, we should call it a duck so lets be honest and say "This stinks!!" There was so much hype over the launch today, and to follow it up with a commercial seen by 100 million+ people in 4 days, then to tell your largest market, "well hopefully you will remember us in a couple of months" is absolutely unacceptable.
    rottonj likes this.
    01-30-13 04:15 PM
    You're delusional if you think "US buyers" will buy it because they've following all the info surrounding BB10.

It's the same way elections work- You DO NOT need to pander or convert your base. It's the opposition that you must convince.

Your average smartphone user already doesn't follow or give a crap about Blackberry, and this is just one more failure on a long list of missed opportunities in the mind of the average consumer.

And those people were not watching the Live Stream, and are therefore not tuned in, and not underwhelmed like all the ledge walkers posting right now.
    01-30-13 04:16 PM
    Why did they not get it to the US carriers earlier if they were going to take longer.
    Because it probably wasn't feature complete. Seriously, let's pretend they got it to the carriers two months earlier than they did. the Canadian and UK carriers would have been selling it for Christmas and the American ones would have missed Christmas. Imagine the outrage here ....
    01-30-13 04:20 PM
    Then everyone gets upset when app developers in the US market take the wait and see approach. Most of the major apps anounced today is not available yet. It will be in the future, no one knows when.
    Define 'most'...

It gets here when it gets here. If you can't wait one more month, then don't.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    01-30-13 04:20 PM
    I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the whole "blame the carriers" finger pointing. Why did they not get it to the US carriers earlier if they were going to take longer. Yes, BB has a worldwide audience, but they are losing the most market share here in the US, so they should have gotten there BB sh*t together and truly had a global launch. The software looks great, the hardware is so-so, but the continued delays really is not acceptable. If BB is going to use a 12-15 month life cycle, and the Q is not going to release for another 3 months, after the 3 month delay we they announced in September(?), makes me think: were they not going to build a qwerty at all?? I am a loyal BB user, my companies have 30+ of them, that I have no intentions of changing and every intentions of upgrading, but if it walks and talks like a duck, we should call it a duck so lets be honest and say "This stinks!!" There was so much hype over the launch today, and to follow it up with a commercial seen by 100 million+ people in 4 days, then to tell your largest market, "well hopefully you will remember us in a couple of months" is absolutely unacceptable.
    hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    please these posts are getting more ridiculous.
    The UK market for blackberry is bigger then the US one atm. Yeah US is the larger overall, but their first aim is to consolidate existing users, and US are near the bottom for that
    01-30-13 04:22 PM
    It will be interesting to see how the US market of BB followers react. Will they wait the two months and maintain their interest and still speak well to friends etc about BB or will they move on?

For me I guess it will depend on what my choices are in two months. Not sure who caused this delay for US but I fear Blackberry will pay the price for it.
    01-30-13 04:26 PM
    because they want a blackberry. its that f*cking simple.
    01-30-13 04:28 PM
    you have won the thread sir
    sleepngbear and 416to604 like this.
    01-30-13 04:30 PM
    Sure. Hold a big event in New York and slap your host in the face.

When did Mike and Jim come back?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    01-30-13 04:30 PM
    It can't be that simple.

Can it?
    01-30-13 04:33 PM
    Sure. Hold a big event in New York and slap your host in the face.

When did Mike and Jim come back?

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    AWWW! Did someones mommy forget to put the cookies in your lunch today?
    01-30-13 04:38 PM
    The big event should have been held in Europe because they were able to purchase the device right away.
    01-30-13 04:39 PM
    The big event should have been held in Europe because they were able to purchase the device right away.
    it was held in multiple continents
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-30-13 04:41 PM
    it was held in multiple continents
    I know it was a global launched. What I'm saying, the CEO should have been in London, instead of NY.
    jimpilot likes this.
    01-30-13 04:46 PM
    I know it was a global launched. What I'm saying, the CEO should have been in London, instead of NY.
    i agree with that, i couldnt understand the reasoning, especially as it was revealed a long time ago Europe would be getting the phones before the US
    01-30-13 04:47 PM
    wait will the canadian or uk models even work with the us carriers???
    01-30-13 04:50 PM
    wait will the canadian or uk models even work with the us carriers???
    All the UK networks are GSM, and i gather that is not the case with some US networks?
    01-30-13 04:53 PM
    I am officially undecided now... My 9810 was destroyed so I am back to my 9800 which is barely operating. I have already skipped one upgrade and now have to wait another two months to get a phone I have been waiting for, for over a year now. I guess if my phone holds out I will get the z10 but if not I guess I will be switching brands and trying something new...don't want too but gotta do what I gotta do.
    01-30-13 04:57 PM
    Now that I am more calm nerved, I'm making some rationalizations.

Numbers made up
    RIMM had 1,000,000 phones produced. They determined that demand for the first month in the UK was going to be about 400,000 units. in Canada, 200,000 units. 100,000 to misc locations around the globe. If USA demand alone is 2,000,000 they coudln't launch.

Maybe they are simply waiting for manufacuring at this point? That would why all US carriers don't get it. Quite frankly, the idea that they are still testing internally makes no sense. If they actually have them in hand, they'd be itching to be first to market. And in Canada, there would also be a rush to be first to market.

These delays in all countries are probably 100% tied to expected demand and manufacturing capacity.
    01-30-13 05:02 PM
    These posts are starting to get a bit ridiculous. If you are so upset then don't get a blackberry and move on, pretty simple. What is done is done. Some of you are acting like a bunch of spoiled toddlers. What is the average age of the people in this post 5? So you have to wait for the 10 to come out........... Welcome to the club. Anyone not from the US has had to deal with this for a lifetime and now it's your turn. Suck it up.
    01-30-13 05:04 PM
    All the UK networks are GSM, and i gather that is not the case with some US networks?

AT&T is GSM
    01-30-13 05:08 PM
    WINNIPEG, MB, January 30, 2013 (CNS Canada) - The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) closed lower on Wednesday, led by a sharp decline in the Research In Motion (RIM) stock, analysts said. RIM declined sharply following its launch of the BlackBerry 10 because the company also announced the product won't be available in the US until mid-March.

This is part of the information on my Scottrade page concerning my shares of RIM. This is the reason why the phone needed to be released before March. From the day's high the stock closed nearly dpwn $3 a share. This is reason why it should have been clear to the new Blackberry and the US carriers that it was crucial for a release within a reasonable time of the other sites around the world. It is not a question of who should be first or who should be second but a question of how the new BLACKBERRY is viewed by consumers and investors.
    01-30-13 05:13 PM
    It takes time to add nonsense like bloatware and Carrier IQ.
    Nailed that one with a bullseye. Each carrier will load it up with crapola only a percentage will want, leading of course, to the ubiquitous threads of asking how to get rid of it. And the circle comes 'round again.
    01-30-13 05:14 PM
    BlackBerry is a global brand and it makes sense to launch into the markets with the highest demand. Nothing from today's dog and pony show convinces me there is any significant demand for the Z10 in the USA. Maybe they'll hand out a free Z10 to everyone at the Superbowl. That would be a nice olive branch....no?
    01-30-13 05:15 PM
    Correct. T-Mo uses proprietary GSM channels for their data network, amd then comes Sprint and Verizon with their CDMA networks.
    01-30-13 05:17 PM
67 123