Normally I don't even get involved with in discussion, but I am surprised that Crackberry itself would even openly allow people posting links to Pirated apps. It's a thread that has paid apps in it with the APK's right there. If I was going to download a paid app for my Android phone I would just come here, I don't even have to look or search Google. The owners of this Site would turn a blind eye to piracy because it benefits Blackberry says a lot.
    mikeo007, Etios, Admorris and 5 others like this.
    08-02-13 02:12 PM
    I'm sorry but running Android apps on a BlackBerry just isn't as smooth and as good of an experience as running them natively on Android. The integration is better and they just work better.

I would rather just use Android if I want the Android OS on my device. I bought a BlackBerry. I want native BlackBerry apps/software and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    the_sleuth and kbz1960 like this.
    08-02-13 02:20 PM
    I'm sorry but running Android apps on a BlackBerry just isn't as smooth and as good of an experience as running them natively on Android. The integration is better and they just work better.

I would rather just use Android if I want the Android OS on my device. I bought a BlackBerry. I want native BlackBerry apps/software and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    Even the people that post that "BB10 support Android better than Android itself" don't believe that. There is a reason BBRY has not been insane enough to use that silliness in ad campaigns.
    08-02-13 02:26 PM
    Normally I don't even get involved with in discussion, but I am surprised that Crackberry itself would even openly allow people posting links to Pirated apps. It's a thread that has paid apps in it with the APK's right there. If I was going to download a paid app for my Android phone I would just come here, I don't even have to look or search Google. The owners of this Site would turn a blind eye to piracy because it benefits Blackberry says a lot.
    I've wondered about that too.

Maybe they should call this Crackberry Bay.
    08-02-13 02:31 PM
    Even the people that post that "BB10 support Android better than Android itself" don't believe that. There is a reason BBRY has not been insane enough to use that silliness in ad campaigns.
    Foolish people will post anything and believe anything they make up. We all know Android apps run better on Android.

Fanboys at their finest.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and Etios like this.
    08-02-13 02:38 PM
    Blackberry themselves are also being extremely hypocritical about the whole situation. Their head of developer relations publicly speaks out stating that side loading unauthorized Android apps is piracy. Yet they do nothing to restrict the side-loading potential and have in fact made it ridiculously easy for someone to package up anyone's Android app and distribute it. At the VERY least they should only allow apps to be side loaded with a debug token.

It's like telling a kid "Don't you dare eat all that candy" then proceeding to unwrap the candy and place it in front of the child. Then walking out of the room saying "if I don't see you eat it, there's nothing I can do about it".
    08-02-13 02:39 PM
    Foolish people will post anything and believe anything they make up. We all know Android apps run better on Android.

Fanboys at their finest.

Posted via CB10
    Thats a fact and if anyone believes otherwise they are in serious denial.
    08-02-13 03:11 PM
    Yet they do nothing to restrict the side-loading potential and have in fact made it ridiculously easy for someone to package up anyone's Android app and distribute it.
    This point was brought up at the BBJam session I attended, and I heard them say this "side load" mechanism was going to be locked down so that it was useful for development, but not piracy. I guess that is much easier said than done, but still they seem not to be trying very hard on this promise.
    08-02-13 03:22 PM
    Just somethings I'm wondering.

1) what happens to all the permissions usually requested by an android app? When I sideload them sometimes my phone informs me and sometimes it doesn't.
    W
    2) xda doesn't condone warez? Certainly seen them floating around there though.
    3) I've used a rooted android phone for years, and no, you don't need to root your phone to download warez apps. Speaking from personal experience
    4) BlackBerry allowed it, why? So developers could come over easily, boost their dying app platform etc etc, well never know. Regardless it's the truth that the market is made up of ports. It's a symptom of a disease, and this short term treatment though highly beneficial now, will later make BlackBerry phones known as a android phone with a keyboard that needs fancy things done to install apps, which people will then shy away from.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 04:35 AM
    http://forumjunk.0x1a4.com/pirate.swf

douevenCB10?
    08-03-13 04:48 AM
    Too bad blackberry won't release a phone with specs high enough to run the app player smoothly

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 06:33 AM
    I have a Z10 and a Galaxy Nexus. I delegate all my non Critical (read: Games and Messengers) on it. I still trust personal, financial and sensitive data on my Z10 =))

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 06:44 AM
    If the official release requires any kind of sideloading in order to make it useful to the customer you will never see this hit the mainstream media. The number one problem with the android runtime, requiring developers submit a special blackberry version in order to run. Stupid idea.

Direct access to the android marketplace and possible revenue-sharing with Google would have been a much better idea.

If you don't know yet, take a look at what's going on in the BB10 OS leaks forum and the Android App Sideloading forums. BB10 is going to soon have a better version of Android than most Android phones and it will be enabled inside the sandbox of the BB10 operating system. In the past week, a new sideloading method has been discovered and people are loading 10s of some of the best Android apps onto their Z10 and Q10 phones. There is a beta leaked OS out that has Android 4.2.2 runtime embedded within it that isn't easy to load as a full OS but I'm sure a new leak is on its way in the near future.

What this means is that it will be just a matter of time until inevitably anyone who wants to will be running more and more Android apps of their choosing. Why choose to use a phone that can only do Android, when you can use BB10 and have it all, the secure operating system AND the apps that you need from the developers.

Why settle for mediocre when you can have the best of both worlds on BB10?

Can't wait for this kind of news to hit the mainstream airwaves.
    the_sleuth and kbz1960 like this.
    08-04-13 09:05 AM
    I personally am not saying that my Z10 runs android sideloaded better than android, yet. We're still talking about 3-4 months in the future.

Also I agree that sideloading is a no go for BB10 to explode.

I should have been more specific but once a better version of android hits mainstream blackberry releases, it will be a short path to developers releasing their android apps into blackberry world. No longer any technical hiccups possible. Guaranteed easy money for any developer.
    08-04-13 11:30 AM
    Can someone tell me what "having a better version of Android than most Android phones" means?

I think answering that question will help us understand why some tech publications read stuff and describe it as "nuts."
    08-04-13 02:17 PM
    Can someone tell me what "having a better version of Android than most Android phones" means?

I think answering that question will help us understand why some tech publications read stuff and describe it as "nuts."
    I Lol every time I read those comments. I sideloaded instagram (the sideloaded version would not let me leave comments on pictures) and flipboard. Both were laggy as heck.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-04-13 02:39 PM
    At some point, every user here must have experienced sideloading an Android bar app and it starts with a blank screen or it won't start at all or runs for 5 seconds & stops. Then Android apps are hit and miss with Runtime 2.3.3. We rely on comments from fellow users as to which apps run on BB10 or PB. There is no consistency here. Please explain to me as to how this is different on BB 10.2 & Android runtime 4.2? My Z10 sits in my desk drawer as I can't be bothered with loading leaks anymore. My BB Beta testing days are over. I'll wait for an official update from my carrier.
    08-04-13 09:39 PM
    At some point, every user here must have experienced sideloading an Android bar app and it starts with a blank screen or it won't start at all or runs for 5 seconds & stops. Then Android apps are hit and miss with Runtime 2.3.3. We rely on comments from fellow users as to which apps run on BB10 or PB. There is no consistency here. Please explain to me as to how this is different on BB 10.2 & Android runtime 4.2? My Z10 sits in my desk drawer as I can't be bothered with loading leaks anymore. My BB Beta testing days are over. I'll wait for an official update from my carrier.
    I installed 10.2 and used the debugg method to install my favorite apps. Much faster then before. Although still not native smooth.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:21 AM

Well, to be fair, I believe the people parroting that line are referring to data based on visits to Google Play showing that as of August 1 all but 93.5% of Android devices are running JB 4.1.x or lower.

The key question is how many apps require 4.1.x or higher? I can't think of one. It's a mistake to think that because you have the latest version of Android, your apps will run "smoother." Ask anyone (including me) who has 4.3 and uses Firefox for Android.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    08-07-13 07:40 AM
    Well, to be fair, I believe the people parroting that line are referring to data based on visits to Google Play showing that as of August 1 all but 93.5% of Android devices are running JB 4.1.x or lower.

The key question is how many apps require 4.1.x or higher? I can't think of one. It's a mistake to think that because you have the latest version of Android, your apps will run "smoother." Ask anyone (including me) who has 4.3 and uses Firefox for Android.
    Good point.

What they fail to realize is that Android OS is a bit more than simply running downloaded apps. Apps are great, but even more than that are the other parts of the Android ecosystem.

Just a funny point I've seen pointed out elsewhere.
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    08-07-13 08:36 AM
    The question is WHY do we need to use Android at all?

But the question that most people out in the real world are asking is "Why should we use BlackBerry?"

Having to use both - is keeping some users from giving up completely on the platform. But it isn't a long term answer to a very BIG problem for BlackBerry.
    08-07-13 01:40 PM
121 ... 345