We are BBM group of 14 people from Czech republic and we�ve been using BB since 2008. We all have to say that RIM doesn�t do almost anything new for his customers. Even Android or Nokia have more functions and abilities. Here is a quick list of missing functions:

- native today
    - navigation
    - memory for apps (RIM! we are not living in 90s, when memory was really expensive)
    - native VoIP client
    - native Skype client
    - recording of phone calls
    - new devices have really small improvements
    - really slow evolution of OS (other like iPhone, Android etc have more often new better OS with new functions)

I think I�ve forgotten something so you can add your own ideas.

Message for RIM: "WAKE UP BODY! YOUR TRAIN IS LEAVING!"
    05-21-10 08:38 AM
    Why are you telling us? What are we gonna do about it?
    05-21-10 08:53 AM
    - really slow evolution of OS (other like iPhone, Android etc have more often new better OS with new functions)[/I]
    The iPhone has only been out there for like three years now and it still doesn't have all the functionality a stupid Nokia candy bar style phone has. It just recently got cut and paste. If you call that a better OS with "new" functions you have some screws loose.
    Also why don't you try looking at the evolution of the BlackBerry device and see the leaps and bounds that it has taken over the years. There are way more significant features that RIM has implemented that Apple has with the iPhone.

Wake up, just because you have a few features that you wish you had doesn't mean RIM is slacking in that department.
    I wish I had an iPhone with a flash! Even this may be coming, 3-4 years after initial release!
    05-21-10 09:17 AM
    The iPhone has only been out there for like three years now and it still doesn't have all the functionality a stupid Nokia candy bar style phone has. It just recently got cut and paste. If you call that a better OS with "new" functions you have some screws loose.
    Also why don't you try looking at the evolution of the BlackBerry device and see the leaps and bounds that it has taken over the years. There are way more significant features that RIM has implemented that Apple has with the iPhone.

Wake up, just because you have a few features that you wish you had doesn't mean RIM is slacking in that department.
    I wish I had an iPhone with a flash! Even this may be coming, 3-4 years after initial release!
    I was going to jump all over you for saying this but then i saw your post count and said oh ok i guess i'll leave this rookie alone
    05-21-10 09:38 AM
    Why am I telling you? Because is just true. I don�t understand what�s the problem to implement such a basic things like a today screen, VoIP, recording of phone calls, etc. And also memory, that�s what I don�t understand. I thought it�s 2010, not 1995....

BB is great device but it seems that developers in RIM are sleeping. If RIM does nothing, competitors will overtake him (Nokia, Android...)
    05-21-10 09:44 AM
    I was going to jump all over you for saying this but then i saw your post count and said oh ok i guess i'll leave this rookie alone
    Ha. You better be careful basing your judgment on someones knowledge of the industry based on their posts here or any other forum. There are a lot of people in these forums that do nothing but useless comments a couple thousand times.

Besides all that, I stand by what I said. Everyone likes to talk crap about how BB is falling behind. I agree to some extent but it is not to the point that the iPhone or Android is going to make BB's obsolete. It is going to be a long time before you see a company switch to an iPhone only deployment, if at all. Or Android for that matter.
    05-21-10 11:47 AM
    Ha. You better be careful basing your judgment on someones knowledge of the industry based on their posts here or any other forum. There are a lot of people in these forums that do nothing but useless comments a couple thousand times.

Besides all that, I stand by what I said. Everyone likes to talk crap about how BB is falling behind. I agree to some extent but it is not to the point that the iPhone or Android is going to make BB's obsolete. It is going to be a long time before you see a company switch to an iPhone only deployment, if at all. Or Android for that matter.
    Someone with a solid knowledge of the industry wouldn't have made a statement like you did, therefore i stand by what i based my comment off of earlier As for as the Blackberry failing due to the iPhone and Android push, it is. Will the Blackberry be wiped away? NEVER coporate America, as well as our nations lawmakers run our country on them.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 05-23-10 at 03:05 AM.
    05-21-10 12:35 PM
    The fact that their interface looks like the 90s doesn't mean they are going down the hole. Whatever they are doing, they are doing it well. Phones are still flying off the shelves and financial numbers are solid year by year.
    05-21-10 01:04 PM
    If you don't like blackberries and it doesn't do what you want it to then don't get it and get something that fits you better. There is a reason why there is more than one phone maker and more than one phone company. Why complain about something that you can change. Change phones if you want. If you don't then that is your choice.
    05-21-10 01:45 PM
    Android and iphone just don't "wow" me.
    05-21-10 10:08 PM
    Hmmm... 5.0 does have a native today screen -just has to be turned on.
    05-22-10 09:27 AM
    Are you talking about a "today" theme? If so, I'm just wondering why some people like it so much. For example, only 2 calendar events are visible. How useful is that? I mean, do people actually manage their days that way (according to what the calendar portion of the today theme says in the moment)?
    05-22-10 09:49 AM
    Edited because the poster I had an issue with and I have clarified it.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-22-10 at 10:57 PM.
    05-22-10 01:09 PM
    if you don't like blackberries and it doesn't do what you want it to then don't get it and get something that fits you better. There is a reason why there is more than one phone maker and more than one phone company. Why complain about something that you can change. Change phones if you want. If you don't then that is your choice.

+1....ita!
    05-22-10 01:27 PM
    I don't understand threads like this. If the OP doesn't like his phone or its features, why don't you just get a different phone?
    Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:25 PM
    I got sick of BB! Got the DROID and I will never be coming back to BB ever again. I'm so much more happy with my DROID...I'm finally gettting my 29.99 worth!
    05-22-10 07:34 PM
    Seriously pi why are you such an ***, no one wants to have to Read your neg. Post all the time once again, forums are a form of communication, and these are the things that people talk about, why don't you goto your account and delete it.....

05-22-10 08:09 PM
    This is a discussion board. Thus people voicing their opinions. Nothing is wrong with people being discontent with the current state of the BlackBerry platform.

Many of the OP's points are valid to a point. But neither of the other mobile platforms mentioned come remotely close in terms of Enterprise subscribers, which plays a large role in what comes and doesn't come to RIM products.
    05-22-10 08:13 PM
    I hear you, I wish my bb did more , and the reason for this thread is because we love blackberry but we just wish that rim would TRY to keep up. It seems like they have been defeated though I have decided to goto an android phone with my next upgrade, but I seriously wish rim would come out with something spectacular because I love my bb, but they are falling behind.

05-22-10 08:13 PM
    I don't understand threads like this. If the OP doesn't like his phone or its features, why don't you just get a different phone?
    Am I missing something?

No the OP said he/she loves BlackBerry. And for that very reason wants to see RIM innovate more so they can be more successful. Not everyone must be content with the current state of the platform. It's ok to not be completely happy with the current line and speak about it.
    05-22-10 08:18 PM
    Thank you crucial people are so dumb, and don't understand what a forum is, they need to move back to the Aol chat rooms to see if someone wants to cyber... Lol lol, haven't actually seen that in text in years lol

05-22-10 08:23 PM
    I agree with everyone else, just because I am on my 3rd Tour & have to pull battery 3 times a day & track ball doesnt work right half the time & very little app memory & loose battery door doesnt mean Blackberry phones arent really solid state of the art machines
    05-22-10 08:27 PM
    I think this thread is snowballing into 'Everyone bash RIM and pour out your horror stories about Blackberry, they SUCK!!!!1!!' <---LOL

Why can't we all be friends?
    If you don't like RIM, no one is stopping you from changing phones.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-22-10 at 08:36 PM.
    05-22-10 08:33 PM
    I've been on a BB for quite a few years and will admit that I don't use the full functionality of the phone. I re-read the original post and noticed the mention about the native skype application though. I have sky preinstalled on my bb.

I use the free features of sky to talk to my sister in law and find it useful. If that is what they mean by "native" then I have it and maybe it is carrier specific? If so I can see where the user is frustrated. Sometimes RIM has good ideas and they don't get to all users because they are released to some carriers and not to others.
    05-22-10 08:52 PM
    I wonder if RIM is more focused and concerned about government agency and business class users more than joe average consumers ?

05-22-10 09:06 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD