I can't speak to the reliability and such of the site, but I found this interview to be interesting. Enjoy.

BlackBerry rarely makes headlines for positive reasons these days.

Its latest range of handsets designed to compete with iPhone and Android phones failed to sell in the expected numbers and led to the company recording a $965m operating loss in the three months to August this year, and analyst Gartner has warned BlackBerry customers to consider alternatives.

But despite these difficulties, there are signs that major customers are sticking with the Canadian handset maker. Europe's second largest car manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroen is to provide 10,000 Z10 smartphones to staff in France and Spain and is moving to the latest version of BlackBerry's mobile management system, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10.

Why has the company chosen BlackBerry? Partly it is down to the fact that the company is already a BlackBerry shop, running a fleet of BlackBerry Curve and Bold devices on BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.2, so it will not have to invest the cost and time of starting from scratch when setting up its infrastructure to manage the Z10s.

"We have no diversity, no iOS and no Android, and we do not want to go into this technology because it's costly," said Eric Marchand, head of telecom at PSA Peugeot Citroen told ZDNet.

However a key reason for choosing BlackBerry, said Marchand, is a clear view of the future development of the BlackBerry hardware and software, which he said isn't available for other mobile platforms.

"For iOS you have no roadmap. That's not the case with BlackBerry. We have an 18 month perspective with them and they are pretty reliable with their roadmap," he said.

"We have to schedule a two year project and that's not possible with Android or iOS because there's no real roadmap in terms of mobile."

In spite of BlackBerry's recent operating losses and the disappointing sales of its recent BlackBerry OS 10 handsets Marchand said he remains confident BlackBerry's portfolio of services is broad enough to guarantee its future.

"We believe that BlackBerry is not only devices but also provides MDM (mobile device management) and worldwide infrastructure that is very consistent," he said.

"We do not feel in the very short term we will have trouble with BlackBerry because of the value of this infrastructure."

Peugeot Citroen plans to deploy the Z10s between March and June next year to staff who work outside the office. As well as providing access to Microsoft Exchange mail, calendar and contacts, the handsets be able to connect to a web portal offering a suite of corporate apps, covering manufacturing, retail and general corporate services.

Marchand said that while not all of these web applications have an interface that suits the size of screen found on a mobile phone, these apps would be easier to use on the new touchscreen of the Z10.

"With the new tactile approach and the new screen we think it's easier to work with non-mobile designed applications compared to on older solutions [handsets]."

While there are obvious advantages of sticking with BES to manage its fleet of phones, for example "all the development we have done for the BlackBerry APIs are very easy to migrate from 5 to 10" said Marchand, the upgrade is not necessarily straightforward.

"Moving from 5 to 10 we have to build a brand new infrastructure for that because it's really a very different platform," he said. Part of the work comes from catering for the broader range of controls available in BES 10, for example over data roaming.

"We are going to run the two infrastructure in parallel for one year and a half to be really sure we finish the migration of the BlackBerry 7 devices to BlackBerry 10."

From the end of 2014 staff will be able to use the BlackBerry handsets to tether mobile internet connections to laptops and tablets.

PSA refreshes its handsets every two years and Marchand says he anticipates that the next fleet of handsets will also be BlackBerrys.
    Article available at: Why one firm has just ordered 10,000 BlackBerry handsets | ZDNet
    12-19-13 11:39 AM
    Some things could be ironed out here and there but it's an overall fair assessment. One clear example I how they contradict themselves claiming that they stick with BlackBerry because they already use BlackBerry - which is partially true since BES and BES10 are actually very different.
    12-19-13 11:51 AM
    Very good news indeed.
    12-19-13 11:52 AM
    They seem to be very committed to their partnership with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:24 PM
    Awesome....read...Go Team BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:27 PM
    I expect 2014 to be a great year for BlackBerry with enterprise deployments

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:03 PM
    Good news indeed. I hope 2014 will bring even better fortunes for BlackBerry
    12-19-13 02:46 PM
    Thanks OP. Good news is always welcome!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 10:47 PM
    Finally, someone with some rational thinking about BlackBerry. It gets tiring listen to the snake oil salesmen on wall street and the media steering everyone away from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:40 PM
    cool

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:55 PM
    Awesome news. Hopefully more and more companies start adopting BlackBerry 10.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    12-20-13 12:24 AM
    Since deployment is scheduled for March 2014, I wonder why they are opting for z10's instead of z30's,
    12-20-13 02:41 AM
    Since deployment is scheduled for March 2014, I wonder why they are opting for z10's instead of z30's,
    I smell a hot deal on them.
    12-20-13 03:24 AM
    I smell a hot deal on them.
    Yeah they need to burn off those Z10's and when they're down to the very last box they will offer the Z30. They need to make as much money off the Z10 as possible while still keeping it pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:48 AM