So, BlackBerry already has 4 (at least) OS10 devices modeled after the sexier ending letters of the alphabet (Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30)

Why not put in an X10 (or X20) or something, and give it the full size screen as the Z30, with the keyboard of the Q10? A Slider, ala the "Torch" of the BB10 world. The marketing schtick is completely compatible.

Why X10/20? X is right in the middle of Q and Z (well not RIGHT in the middle, but you know), and it's "sexier" than R/S/T/U/V/W/Y.

Add in a "Kill Switch" and panoramic camera and you've got an even sexier BB10 device.
    04-16-14 01:52 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Agreed!
    FYI, X10 was the original rumoured name of the N series, that ended up obviously being officially named the Q10.

The originally planned M series was a slider that got scrapped somewhere along the way. A well done box slider could be a pretty awesome device, but I highly doubt we'll see one unless BB10 gains some major consumer traction in next year or two.
    04-16-14 02:05 PM
    So, BlackBerry already has 4 (at least) OS10 devices modeled after the sexier ending letters of the alphabet (Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30)

Why not put in an X10 (or X20) or something, and give it the full size screen as the Z30, with the keyboard of the Q10? A Slider, ala the "Torch" of the BB10 world. The marketing schtick is completely compatible.

Why X10/20? X is right in the middle of Q and Z (well not RIGHT in the middle, but you know), and it's "sexier" than R/S/T/U/V/W/Y.

Add in a "Kill Switch" and panoramic camera and you've got an even sexier BB10 device.
    Why not X10? Apart from the fact that Sony (formerly Sony Ericsson) had already made use of that moniker, there's no reason not to. Wait...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Ericsson_Xperia_X10

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    04-16-14 02:21 PM
    they have made it like this
    z for zero keyboard
    q for qwerty keyboard

now z10 z30 z3 they have zero keyboard mean no keyboard and same for q that has qwerty keyboard
    moegh likes this.
    04-16-14 02:21 PM
    You would think more devices (and variety thereof) would attract a higher interest. Plus, how many other phones offer slider devices? It *could* be what attracts people to BB10. I'm sure there's a market for larger-size touchscreen phones with slide-out QWERTY keyboards. Could be an opportunity to capitalize.
    04-16-14 02:24 PM
    X20?

Q10, x20, z30.
    04-16-14 02:27 PM
    How about the ZX10? I am sure Sir Clive Sinclair won't mind any resemblance to his mnemonic for his early range of computers. ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    04-16-14 03:28 PM
    You would think more devices (and variety thereof) would attract a higher interest. Plus, how many other phones offer slider devices? It *could* be what attracts people to BB10. I'm sure there's a market for larger-size touchscreen phones with slide-out QWERTY keyboards. Could be an opportunity to capitalize.
    There is a market for large screen devices (Z10) for phablet sized devices (Z30) and for keyboards (Q5 & Q10).... unfortunately BlackBerry hasn't built a product that these markets want, so why keep trying to capitalize on other niche form factors. At this point a different form factor or a $100 less expensive device isn't going to suddenly change BlackBerry's fortunes.
    04-16-14 03:37 PM
    Sliders are retro these days unless someone can pull of a super slim job. Traditional sliders fell out of favour mainly account of their ungainly weight. Today's trend is thinner, lighter, faster ! LOL. Sounded like the Olympics theme for a second.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:04 PM
    they have made it like this
    z for zero keyboard
    q for qwerty keyboard

now z10 z30 z3 they have zero keyboard mean no keyboard and same for q that has qwerty keyboard
    Under your theory it would have been V10, V30, and V3 for Virtual Keyboard.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-23-14 10:06 PM
    This is another reason why they never called it the X10. X10 Home Automation Store

Oh no, my post count made me the devil.
    04-23-14 10:41 PM
    Great idea. I wouldn't buy a slider phone myself, but I've seen some people around these forums express a desire for a slider phone, and I think it would great if BlackBerry could offer more choices for more people.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:45 PM