There's so much support on here for a full touch with good specs that I can't help but think that BlackBerry could benefit from releasing one along with the slider. I'm mostly likely going to buy the slider because I want the BB10 experience with a fast processor and a good camera, but man, if only I could do without that physical keyboard.

Does anyone agree?

Posted via CB10
    ymb and RyanGermann like this.
    05-09-15 07:17 PM
    That's been brought up quite a few times.

The Z-lider provides a differentiating factor, the pure all-touch won't. It's technically feasible and would make sense if market research deems release of both models economically viable... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-09-15 09:44 PM
    I think BlackBerry will be testing the market this year and next year. Obviously demand is not high but if they release a lineup at one time, it may fail with certain phones. Bring media attention to one, focus on it then repeat with the next.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:07 PM
    I personally think it would be a great idea. Kind of like how Samsung has 2 variants of the Galaxy S6. Doesn't hurt to give the consumers another option. I would definitely go for the high end full touch without the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-09-15 11:14 PM
    I agree
    05-09-15 11:21 PM
    I wonder if it's not at the point where they'd stagger their releases because they need that fanboy buy-every-BB-at-lauch business.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:35 PM
    Note: Slider allegedly is full touch when closed, using VKB, like Z3, Z10 and Z30 and Leap. Slide out keyboard if you need it. Don't need it? Don't slide it out. You could have it for 3 years+ and never use the keyboard.
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    05-10-15 01:38 AM
    I personally think it would be a great idea. Kind of like how Samsung has 2 variants of the Galaxy S6. Doesn't hurt to give the consumers another option. I would definitely go for the high end full touch without the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    +1

I think a dual offering at launch, just like the iPhone 6 and 6+ and the samsung s6 and s6 edge is a trend that BlackBerry should ride on with the slider.

Make it a pkb slider and a super slim all touch variant.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 02:35 AM
    +1

I think a dual offering at launch, just like the iPhone 6 and 6+ and the samsung s6 and s6 edge is a trend that BlackBerry should ride on with the slider.

Make it a pkb slider and a super slim all touch variant.

Posted via CB10
    Fun way to look at it. Go Chen, go Ron ... !
    :-)

05-10-15 03:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    That would be a good way to market the two. Except in this case, they could do a smaller production run of the non-slider (since--I assume they don't believe a high-spec all-touch will sell as well as the slider with its market-differentiator keyboard).

So it would be like the Galaxy S6/S6 edge launch in reverse (Samsung original only made 1 S6 edge for every 4 S6 non-edge phones).

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    05-10-15 04:02 AM
    Note: Slider allegedly is full touch when closed, using VKB, like Z3, Z10 and Z30 and Leap. Slide out keyboard if you need it. Don't need it? Don't slide it out. You could have it for 3 years+ and never use the keyboard.
    Yes, and that's why I will be getting one as I can perfectly use it as a full touch but my concern is that I would be paying a premium for a function I may not use and the sliding components of the hardware piece can brake much easier in a fall.

Posted via CB10
    Omahahaha likes this.
    05-10-15 05:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:54 AM
    Yes, and that's why I will be getting one as I can perfectly use it as a full touch but my concern is that I would be paying a premium for a function I may not use and the sliding components of the hardware piece can brake much easier in a fall.

Posted via CB10
    Really won't know how fragile it is until release, nor retail price, so we'll wait and see. We can however appreciate there may be occasions where using the keyboard is worthwhile due to the huge screen bonus when not covered with VKB. We are not keen on PKB...at all...but those times it may get some use.
    05-10-15 07:00 AM
    Surprisingly, BlackBerry has decided not to use CrackBerry posts as the foundation for their marketing strategy...
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-10-15 07:39 AM
    There's so much support on here for a full touch with good specs that I can't help but think that BlackBerry could benefit from releasing one along with the slider. I'm mostly likely going to buy the slider because I want the BB10 experience with a fast processor and a good camera, but man, if only I could do without that physical keyboard.

Does anyone agree?

Posted via CB10
    +1 I totally agree there should be two options and if the problem is that without the keyboard there won't be enough place for a big battery then make the phone a bit thicker but give us the option

 ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.1.1448 
    05-10-15 08:14 AM
    Surprisingly, BlackBerry has decided not to use CrackBerry posts as the foundation for their marketing strategy...
    Lol..they should be reaching out to us quarterly at the very least.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 08:51 AM
    Enterprise doesn't want a ful touch.... Search the forums before starting these "all touch" threads all the time. Your cries are falling on deaf ears....I've accpted this, so should you
    05-10-15 09:14 AM
    Enterprise doesn't want a ful touch.... Search the forums before starting these "all touch" threads all the time. Your cries are falling on deaf ears....I've accpted this, so should you
    Yes that's why they are buying those PKB iPhones and PKB Flagship Android devices for enterprise use.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and 1raygin like this.
    05-10-15 09:20 AM
    I think that releasing a full touch or a variant of the slider without the pkb would require them to be concerned about the market that wants a full touch BlackBerry device. Their business strategy and recent device offerings have clearly stated otherwise. And please..dont say anything about the Leap.
    05-10-15 09:27 AM
    I think this is a crucial act: Samsung releases the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge simultaneously, Apple releases the 5C and 5S simultaneously, and the 6 and 6 Plus simultaneously, with minor differentiations between devices: the kind of market intelligence you gain from such initiatives is unbelievably valuable and really there is no other way to get that kind of info.

I think a dual launch of both slider and slab where the specs are very similar will tell BlackBerry things about the market that will guide their product development in an optimal direction for years.

Launching just the slider without a sibling full slab and 'forcing' full slab advocates to 'take it or leave it' with the Slider doesn't give BlackBerry any useful info for planning their future: it is just another hit or miss that I can only call a missed opportunity.

They should do this.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 09:59 AM
    Yuuup. All I want is a full touch berry equal to the passport
    05-10-15 11:30 AM
    That's been brought up quite a few times.

The Z-lider provides a differentiating factor, the pure all-touch won't. It's technically feasible and would make sense if market research deems release of both models economically viable... :-)

BlackBerry's market research is one of the worst on this planet.
    Or they have a huge master plan nobody else understands.

It's either or.
    05-10-15 12:23 PM
    I guess that after a talk with AT&T, Blackberry will release a full-touch version of the slider exclusively for AT&T. Maybe Blackberry will just simply glue the slider fixed to cut cost, and probably round the corners as well.
    05-10-15 12:30 PM
    The slider is also full touch 5 inch Phone ,so you don't need to use the keyboard, but I'm curious how thick the Phone will be.
    05-10-15 12:31 PM
    I think this is a crucial act: Samsung releases the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge simultaneously, Apple releases the 5C and 5S simultaneously, and the 6 and 6 Plus simultaneously, with minor differentiations between devices: the kind of market intelligence you gain from such initiatives is unbelievably valuable and really there is no other way to get that kind of info.

I think a dual launch of both slider and slab where the specs are very similar will tell BlackBerry things about the market that will guide their product development in an optimal direction for years.

Launching just the slider without a sibling full slab and 'forcing' full slab advocates to 'take it or leave it' with the Slider doesn't give BlackBerry any useful info for planning their future: it is just another hit or miss that I can only call a missed opportunity.

They should do this.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. I would have liked to have seen a Passport, and an all touch version of the Passport released at the same time. These staggered launches are not providing any good data, nor is using the Z10 launch with beta software and reboot issues, or the Z30 which was launched in Indonesia while the for sale sign being put up in Waterloo as data points a good approach. They need to gain efficiencies in both product manufacturing, marketing, etc and releasing more devices in single windows is the best way to do this as Apple and Samsung has shown. I'd also like to see them get to a model where they are launching high end devices and letting them become mid, then low end at product refresh cycles.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:44 PM
35 12