This is just being silly and thinking outside the box, but what prevents RIM from making Blackberries with expandable RAM like a PC? MicroSD makes for expandable storage, and I guess is a bit slower than system RAM, but how hard/expensive would it be to have a replaceable, upgradeable RAM chip? Is it wiring distance? Power? Performance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 07:40 AM
    I agree! But is there a way around it? And if not, what's the best way to keep our BB running fast?

This is just being silly and thinking outside the box, but what prevents RIM from making Blackberries with expandable RAM like a PC? MicroSD makes for expandable storage, and I guess is a bit slower than system RAM, but how hard/expensive would it be to have a replaceable, upgradeable RAM chip? Is it wiring distance? Power? Performance?

11-03-09 08:40 AM
    So you'd have to buy the next minuscule upgrade they churn out.
    11-03-09 08:42 AM
    For the most part it would be very hard to implement, very very error/damage prone and juts not a good idea. It also opens up the device to external attacks. You expose the data and address bus and someone could potentially read the unencrypted contents of the device.

Not good.
    11-03-09 09:20 AM
    Great, another passive aggressive thread.
    11-03-09 09:45 AM
    Great, another passive aggressive thread.
    Better now
    11-03-09 09:49 AM
    Better now
    hah

Actually I mean overall, I can see how it's going to go. This is only the beginning.
    11-03-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD