Taking inspiration from BlackBerry by Choice, why not have a BlackBerry for Life variant, where instead of having two thumbs we have the iconic...time symbol?

hahaha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    09-02-12 07:39 AM
    Because increasing numbers of people are coming to realize that associating one's identity to a brand of phone (or any commercial brand) is lame?
    09-02-12 09:31 AM
    Because increasing numbers of people are coming to realize that associating one's identity to a brand of phone (or any commercial brand) is lame?
    Agreed. It's just a phone.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-02-12 10:15 AM
    Taking inspiration from BlackBerry by Choice, why not have a BlackBerry for Life variant, where instead of having two thumbs we have the iconic...time symbol?

hahaha

So if you're wearing one of those shirts, and you're caught using an iPhone or Android, you can be killed by anyone who sees you?
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-02-12 10:58 AM
    So is there something wrong with wearing shirts advertising bands, sports teams, schools, food, etc? I don't think there is. Why not BlackBerry? It's just a tshirt, not a tattoo. I'd definitely wear that gay pride Android shirt.
    Celandine likes this.
    09-02-12 12:58 PM
    Not true, tell that to all of the athletes out there. Opinions are like........
    09-02-12 01:09 PM
    Not true, tell that to all of the athletes out there.
    Those would be endorsements and there is usually compensation to the athlete(s) so your comparison is kind of like apples to everything else in the supermarket that is not an apple.
    09-02-12 01:17 PM
    Those would be endorsements and there is usually compensation to the athlete(s) so your comparison is kind of like apples to everything else in the supermarket that is not an apple.
    Once again I do not agree with you. I did not say "pro" athletes, I said athletes (in general). Thats just one of many analogies.....POLO, ROLEX, BOSE, the list is almost infinite. Consumers are infatuated with wearing LABLES.....it is what it is. NOT apples to oranges??? Where did that come from??
    09-02-12 01:29 PM
    Once again I do not agree with you. I did not say "pro" athletes, I said athletes (in general). Thats just one of many analogies.....POLO, ROLEX, BOSE, the list is almost infinite. Consumers are infatuated with wearing LABLES.....it is what it is. NOT apples to oranges??? Where did that come from??
    Consumers or athletes wearing labels does not equate to professing support "for life".
    09-02-12 02:21 PM
    Consumers or athletes wearing labels does not equate to professing support "for life".
    Oh no, not you again....did you even read post #2 of this thread in which Amazing and myself was referring to
    09-02-12 02:26 PM
    Yeah, me. I read that post. Remind me again, how it says anything about about wearing a brand means associating your identity to it? It says the opposite, actually. You refer to non-endorsing athletes wearing a brand. Ever heard about convenience? Or maybe they like it because it works for them. Doesn't mean they're married to the brand for life.
    09-02-12 02:33 PM
    Wow, how about the "wearing" name brands is "lame" comment (post #2). Your right I'm wrong he said associating one's identity with a name brand is lame
    Last edited by spencerdl; 09-02-12 at 02:46 PM.
    09-02-12 02:41 PM
    Wow, how about the "wearing" name brands is "lame" comment (post #2).
    Read it again:

associating one's identity to a brand of phone (or any commercial brand) is lame?
    Quoted verbatim. Emphasis added. Where does it say anything about wearing name brands is lame?
    09-02-12 02:45 PM
    I stand corrected, you're right I'm wrong
    09-02-12 02:50 PM
    If they're giving them away, I'd wear one...
    09-02-12 02:53 PM
    I have a "The RIMPIRE Strikes Back" shirt I wear some. People ask me "what's a RIM?". I explain and sometimes they say cool shirt. Then sometimes they just look at me oddly lol. I was more apt to wear it when I actually thought there was about to be more "striking" and less well...

Anyway. Cool shirt (above mentioned). But BlackBerry for Life sounds a bit desperate to me.
    09-02-12 03:02 PM
    While I love my BlackBerry, I'd not purchase a "BlackBerry for Life" shirt, as there are few things I'd declare myself a lifer for.

I have RIMpire Strikes Back, 2 BlackBerry By Choice, and a handful of other BlackBerry branded clothing, I could see myself moving to another Platform should RIM fail to maintain what they do best. If someone else enters the market with a portrait QWERTY Keyboard I will be trying them (Currently using a Motorola Defy Pro),
    BlackBerry is the BEST Brand right now, and I'm as happy to wear clothing that shows my support just as I wear a Ford Shirt, Toronto Maple Leafs shirt. But things can change, I don't wear my RedHat Shirt anymore, and haven't put on anything to do with the Raptors in probably 5 years.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-02-12 03:15 PM
    I'd wear a black one with the "bullets" icon in white or silver, but that's as far as I'd go... And only because it's BlackBerry. I kinda have an aversion to branded clothing.
    09-02-12 03:22 PM
    If someone else enters the market with a portrait QWERTY Keyboard I will be trying them (Currently using a Motorola Defy Pro)
    Sorry for being OT, but wow I just looked at this thing. Talk about infringing on "trade dress" IP. If that's not a Bold 99xx copy I don't know what would be.
    09-02-12 03:44 PM
    Haha, I think a Blackberry for Life tshirt would be brilliant on so many levels: if it had a joke written all over it. It plays with the whole Crackberry addiction thingy, we are dependent on our Blackberries (most of us anyway), and I thought it would be cool to make a joke out of that while still remaining in the spirit of the fandom.

Exaggeration is what sells the idea sometimes.

09-02-12 04:21 PM
    Sorry for being OT, but wow I just looked at this thing. Talk about infringing on "trade dress" IP. If that's not a Bold 99xx copy I don't know what would be.
    I think it's just different enough. Just like one can only do so many things to distinguish the look of a full touch device, same goes for devices with physical keyboards. That Defy Pro actually reminds me more of old Samsung Blackjack or Nokia E series (IIRC) phones than the 99xx. The keyboard isn't an exact copy. It doesn't seem to curve as much as the 99xx keyboard, the frets don't extend the whole length, and the keyboard layout is a bit different.
    09-02-12 04:26 PM
    I think the whole Keyboard idea for a tshirt would be great as well

09-02-12 04:32 PM
    doesn't really,

the device looks BlackBerryISH but the packaging is nothing like BlackBerry, the back of the device is just UGLY and they certainly don't look alike when turned on
    09-02-12 04:41 PM
    leaving aside my basic snobbery and distaste for wearing t-shirts anyway except for the gym (but that's a whole another rant for a whole other place) - wear such a t-shirt makes as much sense to me as wearing out explaining why I think my Bosch washing machine is ace.
    09-02-12 04:53 PM
    doesn't really,

the device looks BlackBerryISH but the packaging is nothing like BlackBerry, the back of the device is just UGLY and they certainly don't look alike when turned on
    The key styling is identical if I looked at the correct photo. The proportions are definitely the same as the 99xx.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    09-02-12 05:04 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD