Hey guys,

I'm on tmobile and i get great reception and coverage. I am using gmail. however, when emails get pushed to my phone, there is a 15 minute lag at least. i saw salo's video and it was instant.

i was wondering if the lag is due to my pearl 8100, or tmo, or something else? or is this lag just normal? are there settings i can change to make retrieval faster? thanks in advance.
    11-12-09 12:21 AM
    Is it gmail? How long does that take to go through their servers? I have a tmo blackberry email, and it is instant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 12:28 AM
    How do you have it set up? As POP3 or as IMAP? If POP3, RIM's servers poll the target email server once every 15 minutes. If IMAP, it should be instantly.
    11-12-09 07:55 AM
    How do you have it set up? As POP3 or as IMAP? If POP3, RIM's servers poll the target email server once every 15 minutes. If IMAP, it should be instantly.
    That and it also depends on the coverage in the area that he is in. If you have IMAP with lag, resend your service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 09:31 AM
    That’s great, now how does the device actually get the mail?

When an email is sent to you, from another user it traverses the internet until it gets to your email provider where it is stored in your mailbox and waits. The BlackBerry servers will periodically check that mailbox (provided you have added it to the device) for new messages.

The BIS itself will check for new messages every fifteen minutes by default. If it does find a new message, the message is compressed, and the first 2kb of data is then pushed to the device. For the next fifteen minutes, the BIS will check every three minutes for new mail. If no new mail is found within that second set of fifteen minutes, the server reverts to again checking once every fifteen minutes. As long as the server finds new mail within that time frame, it will continue to check every three minutes. This does not, however, apply to all email accounts. Gmail and Yahoo mail are two notable exceptions to this rule. The BIS remains constantly connected to these services, and will push new email automatically to the device, without the fifteen minute interval.

This is why users will see a variable delay when receiving mail. When thinking about the BIS, keep in mind that it can take up to fifteen minutes to get your email on some accounts. Instant solutions are out there, but if you just have to have that college email on your device from a school you attended many years ago (as the case is with me) you now will be able to anticipate the delay in receiving those emails from long lost buddies.
    credit to Sith_Apprentice

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/ho...l-work-152955/
    11-12-09 11:07 AM
    Just disable POP and keep IMAP enabled. Emails come to your device before your inbox. Super sex.
    11-12-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD