I'd love to update my old Bold but refuse to buy a wheelbarrow or even a woman's purse to transport it- - I want a phone that fits in my shirt pocket again--is that too much to ask? Skip
    Tatwi and Jonneh like this.
    12-28-15 05:38 PM
    The majority of users want larger screens, so that's what are being made. The Q10 is probably the closest to the size of the Bold that you'd be able to find. And, unless you get lucky, it would have to be a used device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-15 05:42 PM
    I'd love to update my old Bold but refuse to buy a wheelbarrow or even a woman's purse to transport it- - I want a phone that fits in my shirt pocket again--is that too much to ask? Skip
    Take a look at the mobile landscape? How many other phones are the size of the Bold? BlackBerry is not unique in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 05:55 PM
    It would be nice, for sure. A Priv mini would make many people happy. I think that BlackBerry is just 'going with the trend' but there are many people who would agree that they miss the portability of their older devices. I handed down a Z10 to someone with a very old Samsung and she was even put off by the 'large' size of it!!!

I've been using the Classic because it's smaller than the Passport but it's still a monster compared to my old Bold. I'm tempted to go back to it (the 9700) but the updated browser on BB10 is too useful of a tool to be able to sacrifice.

So, for that reason, I am going back to the Passport as my daily driver. If it's going to be big, it might as well be the best!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 06:33 PM
    I have a SE Passport and a Unlocked ATT Classic.

The Classic is a nice phone for bombing around on the weekend and my SE PP the Beast kills during the week
    12-28-15 06:39 PM
    Maybe you just need larger pockets...

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 07:34 PM
    Try to find a used Z10

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 07:49 PM
    Stop wearing skinny jeans...lol.

Anything before the passport should fit in your pocket.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    paulbbp and sonicpix like this.
    12-29-15 10:39 AM
    Huh? The Q10 is nearly the same size as the bold. Maybe you just need to stop living under a rock...
    paulbbp and RoseBud68 like this.
    12-29-15 11:09 AM
    Huh? The Q10 is nearly the same size as the bold. Maybe you just need to stop living under a rock...
    A device running Android but with the Bold keyboard and track pad and a longer screen would be very interesting. The square screen is a design killer.
    12-29-15 11:20 AM
    Will a classic not fit in your shirt pocket?
    12-29-15 11:22 AM
    Get a BB Classic. And stop wearing skinny jeans lol. If ur wearing skinny jeans, you might as well carry a purse!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    12-29-15 11:57 AM
    Wheelbarrow or woman's purse??? Really....judging by your over exaggerations I'm not sure u really want a answer. My Z10 I'm typing this on now easily fits into my shirt pocket.

Stop shopping at baby stores and you'll be fine lol

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 12:01 PM
    Carried my Z30 around in my pants pocket all the time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-29-15 12:18 PM
    Just buy a shirt with bigger pockets....done.
    12-29-15 12:43 PM
    Try to find a used Z10

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 is needlessly tall and feels awkward in the pocket, especially when it turns sideways. The Q10 is a decent option, but it's still bigger than the Bold 9900.

I don't like large phones either and I would imagine that many people feel the same, but they simply can't find smaller phones that are worth buying. I like the size of the Motorola E 2014 that I am using, but it has horrible specs. Personally, I would rather the smaller phone with worse specs.

The Sony Z5 Compact is high spec device in a smaller form factor. Runs Android and is all touch.

As Q10 owner, I can say it is a super nice device until the double typing issue drives you insane. I only got a couple months use out of my Q10, where as I used my 9900 every day for two years without a problem...

12-29-15 02:30 PM
    I thought the Q10 was fixed with last update to OS?
    boysontheblock likes this.
    12-29-15 04:11 PM
    I thought the Q10 was fixed with last update to OS?
    Yes, it is fixed now, but some people are not informed of that.

Get the Q10, it is a cheap and good option for a modern BlackBerry 10 device.

The keyboard is fine. And if it ever gives you trouble, you can swap it out easily, as the Q10 is one of the easiest phones to be disassembled.

I am in the same boat as the OP as I find the newer phones to be too big, which is why I am planning on sticking with my Q10 for a while.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-29-15 04:35 PM
    The Q10 should be fine for what you need. It's slightly wider than the Bold. But they have essentially the same form factor. I do wear skinny jeans and I've had no issues with fitting it in my pockets.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 05:06 PM
    There is not article of clothing that I am own the my Passport will not fit.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    12-29-15 05:41 PM
    The Z10 is needlessly tall and feels awkward in the pocket, especially when it turns sideways. The Q10 is a decent option, but it's still bigger than the Bold 9900.

I don't like large phones either and I would imagine that many people feel the same, but they simply can't find smaller phones that are worth buying. I like the size of the Motorola E 2014 that I am using, but it has horrible specs. Personally, I would rather the smaller phone with worse specs.

The Sony Z5 Compact is high spec device in a smaller form factor. Runs Android and is all touch.

As Q10 owner, I can say it is a super nice device until the double typing issue drives you insane. I only got a couple months use out of my Q10, where as I used my 9900 every day for two years without a problem...

The Z10 is only a 1/4 of a inch longer than a Moto E. The Z5 Compact slots in between. Sure a small PKB would be great however a 4 inch screen is the absolute minimum hence a new screen format is a requirement.

The new Vienna will be the last stab at your standard PKB. If that does not sell then PKB'S are dead in the water.
    lift likes this.
    12-29-15 06:17 PM
    Agree the Q10 is the closest thing to the Bold. Mine never had the double typing issue or any other problem, and once I got used to it (took a couple weeks) I don't miss the tool belt for anything but text selection. Have to admit I do get nostalgic for my old Bold, it really was my favorite mobile device ever, but I wouldn't go back to it today.
    12-30-15 09:18 AM
    Get a Q10. In a week you will love it. Keep the 9900 though and feel free to pull it out once in a while and compare. You can love them both cause it's ok.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 09:30 AM
    Don't forget about the Q5 if you can still find one. Probably fits in pockets better than q10 due to hard plastic surface. I use mine for exercise tracking because of its portability in pockets and arm bands.

That plastic texture does make it slippery to hold, however, so it is a double edged sword. Buying a skin to put on the phone solves that problem, but adds a bit of bulk.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 10:12 AM
    The industry standard has stabilized to screens around 5 inches. Even the iPhone had to follow this and had to release a phone with a bigger display. And people have started to be comfortable with devices of this size.

Smaller screens are not seen as a feature anymore.
    12-30-15 02:18 PM
44 12