I've been searching but cant figure this out. I just added BIS yesterday and added my gmail through BIS and now when i get an email on my phone and i read it and all but its still marked as NEW in my gmail folder when I view gmail through my computer. What do i need to do when my email gets pushed to my blackberry and already viewed it so it will not be marked as NEW in my gmail folder?
    05-24-08 09:10 PM
    Do you have "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" checked for your gmail account in BIS?
    05-24-08 09:40 PM
    That's how GMail is, rather annoying. This is another reason I now use Yahoo...
    05-24-08 09:45 PM
    yes that box is checked in BIS account.

That's how GMail is, rather annoying. This is another reason I now use Yahoo...
    so theres no fix for this or should i setup imap?
    05-24-08 09:45 PM
    ...not for GMail. Unless you use the GMail application, the new one supports mark as read in your GMail account...
    05-24-08 09:48 PM
    ...not for GMail. Unless you use the GMail application, the new one supports mark as read in your GMail account...
    yea I have the app but its not instant like push, thanks for your guys help.
    05-24-08 09:50 PM
    Uf you disable pop and enable imap in gmail, then delete and re add your gmail account in bis using imap.gmail.com for the server, bis will finish the setup, and it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 10:22 PM
    so i just add imap.gmail.com in email account name?
    05-24-08 10:27 PM
    Account name is your gmail account name. imap.gmail.com should be put in the server name, then click continue, and bis will set up the rest. For some reason, I have found that the gmail imap setup instructions only allow for limited sync between bis and gmail. if you let bis handle the setup, then 2 way sync works

You have to make sure that pop access to gmail is disabled, or it won't work right
    Last edited by jrobert; 05-25-08 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added paragraph
    05-25-08 09:54 AM
    Account name is your gmail account name. imap.gmail.com should be put in the server name, then click continue, and bis will set up the rest. For some reason, I have found that the gmail imap setup instructions only allow for limited sync between bis and gmail. if you let bis handle the setup, then 2 way sync works

You have to make sure that pop access to gmail is disabled, or it won't work right
    i added name.imap.gmail.com and bis says please type in a valid email address. So i used [email protected] and it registered.
    Last edited by vietalogy; 05-25-08 at 10:01 AM.
    05-25-08 09:59 AM
    Does it work properly now?
    05-25-08 10:26 AM
    Off topic- where in mi are you located?
    05-25-08 10:27 AM
    Does it work properly now?
    Just set myself an email nothing pushed

Off topic- where in mi are you located?
    grand rapids
    05-25-08 10:40 AM
    It won't push the email to you. It will, however, keep the inbox synced as you wanted to do in your first post. What you read, and/or delete on the BB will be reflected in your gmail account

05-25-08 04:41 PM
    Disadvantage of using IMAP for GMail it will not deliver instantly...
    05-25-08 04:47 PM
    No, it isn't instant but it does sync properly. Instant would be getting a bes account, or simply forwarding to you bis address.

05-25-08 06:29 PM
    How much time does it take to deliver then, if not instantly like push?

05-25-08 10:09 PM
    its like instant for me when send an email from another account to my gmail my bb receives it like a second later. Only problem is that when i view my gmail account online its still marked NEW when i already viewed it on my bb.
    05-25-08 10:52 PM
    I had the same problem you are asking about, I erased my call log and it went away, try it it might work
    05-28-08 09:16 AM
    I have been having a similar issue with my work email. Is there a universal way to fix the sync problem between bb and email?
    05-28-08 10:23 PM
    FYI - I have a Pearl through Verizon. I created a test Gmail account yesterday to see how IMAP was working these days. I found that the mail delivery was slower than POP - on average, about 12 minutes, where POP is instant. Also, I found that if I read an email on my BB, it was marked as "Read" in Gmail. Also, by creating the "Sent Items" folder in Gmail, mail sent from my BB showed up there. But, mail read in the Gmail web client never showed up as read on my BB.

Overall, I decided that because it's still not fully synchronized, I would just stick with POP becasue I like the instant delivery of POP. It seems that at this point, the Gmail App actually is better than IMAP because the delivery time is about the same, but you have more features in the Gmail App. Still, I'm sticking with POP setup via BIS for now. Just wanted to give an update in case others were wondering about IMAP.
    05-29-08 10:31 AM
    Thank you very much! This thread has made my decision quite easy, I will stay with POP to keep the instant push, I can always delete all the messages that I've already read whenever I log in.
    01-28-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD